Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nissan Patrol engine specifications

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good useful information but a question... The td42 NA and turbo /turbo intercooled versions ran from late 1980's to 2006..... Was there any major differences between the models? As some gu's had 4.2 intercooled turbo diesel on the door, others didn't, some were referred to as TD-6 intercooled.... What were the differences between these motors? I heard the aerier motors had heavier stronger cranks, then they were lightened for a more nimble feel, some were black tops some were silver tops.... What does all this mean and were there major differences between what was effectively the Same engine?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The poor TB48 was left out. It may be rare but, its the power house!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LKDTD6 View Post
    Good useful information but a question... The td42 NA and turbo /turbo intercooled versions ran from late 1980's to 2006..... Was there any major differences between the models? As some gu's had 4.2 intercooled turbo diesel on the door, others didn't, some were referred to as TD-6 intercooled.... What were the differences between these motors? I heard the aerier motors had heavier stronger cranks, then they were lightened for a more nimble feel, some were black tops some were silver tops.... What does all this mean and were there major differences between what was effectively the Same engine?
    Could be wrong, but they're all pretty much the same engine. The factory turbo models had slightly stronger parts ie rods pistons cyl heads etc (End of Thinking Capacity). The biggest difference is in what you mentioned the blacktops and silver tops. DONT ASK WHICH IS BETTER!!! The blacktop vs silvertop is a heated debate that goes back a long time....... haha. The silvertop is the earlier model with heavier parts and is heavier/ stronger (IMO its the better engine) and the blacktop is the later one that was lightened to let it rev harder. In general though theyre pretty bullet proof engines. I've had a turbo put on my '92 naTD42 Silvertop with boost set to 12psi with no issues so far. Don't know I'd go any more than that without stepping up the insides a bit though.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tuckertrucker View Post
    Could be wrong, but they're all pretty much the same engine. The factory turbo models had slightly stronger parts ie rods pistons cyl heads etc (End of Thinking Capacity). The biggest difference is in what you mentioned the blacktops and silver tops. DONT ASK WHICH IS BETTER!!! The blacktop vs silvertop is a heated debate that goes back a long time....... haha. The silvertop is the earlier model with heavier parts and is heavier/ stronger (IMO its the better engine) and the blacktop is the later one that was lightened to let it rev harder. In general though theyre pretty bullet proof engines. I've had a turbo put on my '92 naTD42 Silvertop with boost set to 12psi with no issues so far. Don't know I'd go any more than that without stepping up the insides a bit though.
    It is only the pistons on the black top that are lighter. Apart from that the silvertops arnt 'heavier' the few components throughout the range that change size with the exception of the turbo motor are smaller on the silver top.
    Last edited by Ben-e-boy; 1st October 2015 at 08:20 AM.
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks dear

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dear attendants
    do you have any information about distributor with twin coil and 8 plugs for 4 cylinder engines as Z24 & P40?
    I appreciate your inf.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the specs mate good work except the rd28 is a 6 cylinder not a 4

Thanks
    Thanked 20,715 Times in 8,559 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsawrey View Post
    Thanks for the specs mate good work except the rd28 is a 6 cylinder not a 4
    Ironically that is a direct copy from Nissan's spec page.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys. I just bought an '08 Manual DX Patrol. Since it's an '08 does that mean it's a CRD or still a Di?
    Wondering because I've been hearing all the talk about having to do stuff regarding NADS.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Salim View Post
    Hi guys. I just bought an '08 Manual DX Patrol. Since it's an '08 does that mean it's a CRD or still a Di?
    Wondering because I've been hearing all the talk about having to do stuff regarding NADS.
    Should be a CRD if its an 08. You can still do NADS if you want. You might like to put up an introdustion as well mate. Anyway welcome to the forum.
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast