User Tag List

Thread: GU Rock Sliders - Need plans or blueprints

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GU Rock Sliders - Need plans or blueprints

I really need a set of sliders after bending the a$$ off the standard steps last time out. A new set of sliders is out of my $$ reach and I have never seen a set on Ebay/Gumtree that doesn't start at less than $500. I have a mate who can make me up a set for mates rates but he needs plans or blueprints.

I can't give him the vehicle to measure up due to geography and I'm about as useful as a waterproof tea bag in being able to do it for him. Does anyone have or know where I can get a set of plans/blueprints with measurements etc that I can provide him?
    Will be happy to pay for the plans/blueprints if required at the right price.

2000 GU series 2.

Would be greatly appreciated.
    [SIZE="4"]Robbo[/SIZE]
    2000 Nissan GUII 3.0 TD

[COLOR="red"][B]Asphalt - A waste of tax payers money [/B][/COLOR]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey robbo71.was in the diy thread and found some how to make your own rock sliders in a tread with step by step instructions.check it out at mudrhino.com.au.looks the goods hey

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have some very simple but effective sliders made by a mob out of sydney probably 10 years ago now - quite simple in their execution as they were just rectangular steel with end caps welded on, and then bracketed back to a plate that sat on outside of chassis, a plate that goes on the other side of the chassis and 4 high tensile bolts and nylock nuts to hold it all together -1 at frotn and one at back.

Some ally checkplate is sikaflexed on top (neutral cure) to dress them up a bit and were painted (once) dark hammertone.

Will try to get some dimensions and see if I can find the original film photos from before I put them on. Will be the weekend before i'm home to do this though.

They've survived rock steps, being dropped onto logs, etc. They are narrow so won't protect the door in a vertical plane.....

Also note - mine is a Series 1 so you should doublecheck they'll fit no worries before making.

Just let me know if you want me to get in and do this.
    Last edited by gu4500; 23rd May 2012 at 12:06 AM. Reason: extra info