Thread: New Website Layout

Thanks
    Thanked 20,772 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thumbs up New Website Layout

Ok, the new website layout has been uploaded.

Would love to hear your feedback, good or bad, any problems, errors please let me know.

The same content from the old scrappy design is still there for a bit until it settles with Google's search engine, so the text and text layout is the same and still looks average but the design is new.

You will notice the new section for 'SALES" and "PARTS".

I have been approved by Ebay to show adds on this site so eventually on those pages will be Ebay adds of Nissan Patrol Parts and Nissan Patrol cars for sale.

This will have to be done so I can atleast try and pay for the cost of this forum as you all know we have shiploads of people using this site and I am on the highest internet server plan possible which munches up a lot of money each month. Trying to get this forum to atleast pay for itself.

Anyways, This is a huge change for Google and now we play the waiting game until Sir Google finds the site in a day or two and decides whether the radical change is too much and drops us out of the organic Google results or keeps us here where we are. Thats why I had to keep all of the original text and text format for now until it settles down.

Fingers crossed we stay the same or we may loose shiploads of the massive visitors we have each day....this design change had to be done sooner rather than later.

Cheers for everyones help!

I will fix up a lot of the general text layout which is still poor from the old site but It's a fresh new look which is good!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

Maxhead (2nd October 2010), NickBGU4 (2nd October 2010), patch697 (2nd October 2010)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks good Andy, job well done

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    This will have to be done so I can atleast try and pay for the cost of this forum as you all know we have shiploads of people using this site and I am on the highest internet server plan possible which munches up a lot of money each month. Trying to get this forum to atleast pay for itself.
    Why dont you charge a small fee for membership to help with running cost???? I for 1 would pay a membership fee for such a great forum

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Says in a borat voice.........very nice!

Looks great Andy!
    P-Plate PatrollerCheck it out here.....http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...?169-Matt-s-GQ

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toddrhind View Post
    Why dont you charge a small fee for membership to help with running cost???? I for 1 would pay a membership fee for such a great forum

I didn't realize you were paying for it personally.
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Impressive

Looks the goods mate, haven't had much time to try and break it yet as my ISP has been down.

I saw your post of the new website and then the internet wen't down ....I was so keen to have a look...lol
    I've seen some nicely layout sites and this one is right up there mate. WELL DONE

I think charging members would deter them from joining therefore this site would not grow but I think you should maybe setup a site donation account so members(especialy the active ones) can donate a few bucks every now and again to help this ball rolling...just an idea but what do you think guys???

Just to add, I'm happy to contriute either way.
    Last edited by Maxhead; 2nd October 2010 at 08:04 AM.

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NissPat View Post
    I think charging members would deter them from joining therefore this site would not grow but I think you should maybe setup a site donation account so members(especialy the active ones) can donate a few bucks every now and again to help this ball rolling...just an idea but what do you think guys???
    I agree NissPat, Charging members would deter some, and the site may not grow as big, but it would also stop all those joining just for the manuals. Your idea of a donation account is a brilliant idea

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great job AB. I dont know what your web site stats are but it sounds very busy. I have Google adds on our website www.minchinburyjets.net and it helps pay for the cost of the hosting and the site itself. I only get about 2000 hits per month and so far we have generated about $100.00 in 18 months. It all helps and I ave placed the adds at the bottom of the pages so they dont detract from the content of the site.

Google adds are free to setup http://www.google.com.au/intl/en/ads/

I would certainly donate time and money to give you a hand AB. Maybe you could assign "Moderators" to look after certain areas of the site.

Just a thought.

Cheers,

Rob

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A great job Andy! It even looks more like a genuine Nissan site and much easier to navigate.
    Charging fees sounds like a good idea, but may open up a can of worms for the organisers. Sponsorship, donations and advertising are the go.

Well done!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think AB could create a members only forum and create custom user titles and a few other perks for paying members. I've seen it done on quite a few sites and it works well. People can talk about anything and everything, post what they like and generally be themselves.. where as we try and be nice and civilised here in the public eye :P

Maybe members get a nissanpatrol sticker, are privvy to more regular forum meet ups (maybe just the paying members) and we could get stubby holders made up or something down the track.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast