Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Airbag Man - Suspension

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thinck they were air ride or ride air something like that havnt had the ute for a couple of years could try and find out if you want to no exacly what they were
    Last edited by nissanluvr; 13th May 2012 at 06:47 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just be careful when using air bags on leaf sprung vehicles not to overload them. I have seen more than one dual cab bend the chassis due to the airbags. Up at cape york I ran into a bloke and he had to have his trailer shipped back to Cairns because he bent his chassis in half, he was towing a camper trailer but didn't seem to have much gear in the tray at all. He told me that when he went to put it on the barge the guy loading it on said he sees at least half a dozen dual cab utes every season with the same problem. He said it was all makes and models but consistently dual cabs and nearly always they were using airbags to assist the rear leaves. In my opinion they create a pivot point where there is not designed to be one. Better off with some springs designed to take the load but I can see the advantages in airbags if you are not always carrying heaps of weight.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    must be something with dual cabs then as mine has well and truly been overloaded, though i believe the damage occurs when ppl inflate to much when carrying a load i only put mine up to about 60 psi max when im fully loaded as bending the chassis rails had crossed my mind and i have heard rumours that it could so i don’t risk it but 30-60 psi is my range depending on load. ive done some good testing for hilux's not that toyota know and my conclusion is that they are breakable haha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12