Thread: Airbag Man - Suspension

Thanks
    Thanked 20,772 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Airbag Man - Suspension

My brother is considering getting the Airbag Man suspension kit for the rear of his GU ute.

Has anyone got this or can anyone give any feedback on it at all???

Cheers!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You'd recon they'd shot the vid on a Dry day!!!

I know someone that actually had a really bad run with this setup and had it Cut Out...... They are in dispute with teh bloke that fitted it al up though. >it could have been in the setup rather than the product though bud so cant give you more than that.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 3,670 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A mate has firestone brand air bags in the rear of his GU wagon. It's his work vehicle so constantly has around 300 or so kgs in the back. They were 2nd hand when he got em and he's had them in for maybe 3 years without a problem so far.
    A neat trick he did was to run the air lines up next to the fuel cap so they are hidden until you open it.

Tap, crackle, pop
    Hello from Under Down Under!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by taslucas View Post
    A mate has firestone brand air bags in the rear of his GU wagon. It's his work vehicle so constantly has around 300 or so kgs in the back. They were 2nd hand when he got em and he's had them in for maybe 3 years without a problem so far.
    A neat trick he did was to run the air lines up next to the fuel cap so they are hidden until you open it.

Tap, crackle, pop
    Thanks guys, yeah this is maily used for work carrying loads as well and will be used for towing horse floats, trailers and boats, etc...

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have them in my hilux and could not be happier! Though mine aren’t like the ones in the vid, they look like a coil replacement mine are a bellow airbag and I’ve fitted onboard air to inflate on the go as my load changes so drastically from (100kg to 1.5ton) and allows me to adjust the left and right airbag independently so if the load is off centre can accommodate for that also. They improve the body roll alot also as i carry aluminium trestles every day also.

Only thing i can say to be aware of is the brake proportion valve, as when you pump up the airbag it adjust the brakes as though you have a lighter load. I’ve adjusted mine to be in favour of when I’m carrying a load

Ive never had any problem with airbag man products or herd of any1 i know haveing problems but a mate has boss i beleave don’t quote me on that but he has to pump his up a few times a week due to slight leaks

my air bags/pump have been in 2 hilux's and are 6yrs and 3 months old and no problems to date
    here some picks of mine
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. The Following User Says Thank You to megatexture For This Useful Post:

AB (11th May 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Perfect, thanks for the info mate!!!

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there had a simialer setup in my gu ute was a good thing had some issues with bags tearing in the bush sticks and stuff and when fully flext would pull off sometimes. but great for loads and comfort.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissanluvr View Post
    Hi there had a simialer setup in my gu ute was a good thing had some issues with bags tearing in the bush sticks and stuff and when fully flext would pull off sometimes. but great for loads and comfort.
    did your truck have a lift, was the airbags designed for a lift ?

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes had a 4inch lift and was proffesionly made and fitted for the ute was not a big issue just annoying dont no wether it was just the design why they pulled apart but theres allot of force there when it hits full flex quikly but as for the tearing from sticks and stuff seen allot of them do that. they were coil replacement ones to so not allot of protection for them.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ah ok i can understand the sticks/branches thats prity unlucky what brand are they ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast