OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Does CRD GU8 require EGR block etc.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nisshead View Post
    You'll get it on cold mornings. I am sure it is condensation mixing with oil. I used to get it a fair bit in winter.
    what brand it the catch can mate and where did you buy it
    2008 GU walkabout 3L auto wagon, 2" lift, Nissan winch bullbar, Ironman winch, Roo lite spotties, Scrub bars & side steps,Ferret rear light bracket with two Led work lights.My tip, Always carry a good well stocked in date firstaid kit when 4wding medical help is always to far away.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bushytas View Post
    what brand it the catch can mate and where did you buy it
    Provent catch can, I got mine on eBay and the hoses from supercrap
    ------------
    2008 GU 3.0 CRD Auto - Life's too short to eat bad food.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have recently installed one of ferrets EGR block plates on my 2012 GU8, Bit of a prick of a job, just make sure you have some decent length socket extensions to get to the bolts. Doesn't take to long if you have the right tools.

So far i have not had an error fault come up, i have the scangauge 2 there if it does. Can highly recommend getting a scangauge, well worth the money for all the info they give you access to.

After the block i have not seen much change in boost, seems the ECU is doing its job fine, highest boost i have seen is 15.5PSI, doesn't really seem to be any different to what it was before i blocked it.

I think it would probably void the warranty if they saw it was there, but if you are only taking your car in for a normal service its more then likely that an apprentice is doing it, you'll probably be lucky if they actually do all the things required in the service book let alone notice a barely visible steel gasket. Worst case if something was wrong in that area you could always take it out again.

Havent bothered with catch can but am now thinking about it as there was a fair bit of oily shit around the intake of the intercooler when i checked it when doing the EGR blank.
    2012 GU8 Polar White Auto ST Patrol, Factory Bull bar, Scangauge 2, EGR blanked, Milford cargo barrier, Outback ideas recovery points, Micks retrofit HID 3 inch projectors with Osram bulbs and 55w ballasts, GME TXE3420, Sidewinder dual battery with monitor, Windcheetah 2.0m alloy rack, Suspension Stuff 2" Flexy lift with SS Monotubes, MT ATZ 4 ribs 265/75R16 on black Dynamic rims, Custom rear draws with fridge slide.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Highly recommend ferrets plate by the way, it is well made and he is a great bloke to deal with, delivered super quick to.
    2012 GU8 Polar White Auto ST Patrol, Factory Bull bar, Scangauge 2, EGR blanked, Milford cargo barrier, Outback ideas recovery points, Micks retrofit HID 3 inch projectors with Osram bulbs and 55w ballasts, GME TXE3420, Sidewinder dual battery with monitor, Windcheetah 2.0m alloy rack, Suspension Stuff 2" Flexy lift with SS Monotubes, MT ATZ 4 ribs 265/75R16 on black Dynamic rims, Custom rear draws with fridge slide.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Blacklotusdog For This Useful Post:

the ferret (7th June 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    g'day champ any chance you could post some pics of where the bloody thing goes, have already bought the ferrets blocking plate just havn't shoved it in yet cheers....
    2008 GU 2" LIFT, GME UHF BLACK KING WHEELS, SAFARI SNORKEL, LIGHTFORCE 240' KAYMAR DUAL WHEEL CARRIER STEINBAUER POWER, beaudesert 2 3/4 system, runva 11,000 comp winch.....

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit of an update,

Very cold morning dis-morning, around 1 Celsius, started the car and flicked on the idle up to let her warm up for 5 minutes before i left for work. Came back and the engine light was on, used scan gauge to check code, p0401, this is the insufficient flow to EGR, cleared code, no more engine light.

Grimace, ferret sent me through these pics, he must have forgotten to ask you if you need them,

ttps://picasaweb.google.com/100860892366057846763/EGRBlock?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Few tips, take the plastic shroud and intercooler off before you get stick into the EGR.

On the egr tube there is one bolt close to engine that bolts tube to engine and one bolt on opposite side that attachs a bracket with couple of pipes to the tube. Take this bracket of first to give you some working room so you can move the pipes. Then unbolt the tube from the engine, then unbolt the two bolts that hold the tube onto the actual EGR valve. Remove old gasket and slip ferrets in, i found easier to get the top bolt in first then do this up finger tight to hold it in place. At this stage i managed to drop the lower bolt when trying to get it back in, searched for over an hour but could not find it. I have ordered new bolts from a nissan dealer, part# is 14120AA, just in case anyone does the same. Then bolt tube and bracket back on replace intercooler and shroud and your good.

Take it for a drive and keep an eye on boost under a number for conditions just to make sure it isnt spiking above 15psi, mine never did but seems like others have. If it is you will need to adjust the VNT screw on the trubo to knock the boost down a bit.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Blacklotusdog For This Useful Post:

the ferret (7th June 2012)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all. My 2009 Patrol Ute 3.0 CRD has recently thrown a P0405 fault code which is something to do with EGR valve or sensor fault so my mechanic (Repco) says so. The fault wont clear on there scan tool or it just resurfaces and they are trying to confirm (with help from auto elecs scan tool) that it actually is a stuffed EGR valve before they replace it. The car has no power and is blowing smoke feels like its in limp mode and is basically undrivable. I am ordering a Scan Gauge 2 myself as it seems the way to go on this vehicle as per threads i have read on here. Does anyone think that fitting an EGR blocking plate may help my situation? I'm no mechanic but have a basic understanding and have a friend that could help with install.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think you will need to clear the code first to get it out of limp mode. If the egr system is faulty than the plate won't help.

.........on the move

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Will focus on getting it running properly first with no faults. Then look into an EGR blocking plate.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone have any pics of where the blanking plate fits on CRD?? There appers to be 2 places it could go from what i can see.

Cheers
    09 ST CRD 5 spd Wagon, Snorkel, ARB Bar, Warn Winch, Duel Btys, Beaudesert 2.3/4 exh, Provent 200, Racor 445 ... now to find some money for the rest!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast