Off Shore on Macleay Island, Near Straddie
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Invention's, mod's and good ideas

Hey all,
    Thought I would start a thread that displays the injenuity of people and to give others ideas to make life easier. Here is my little mod or invention:

When the batteries in my old battery drill failed to keep charge, I cut the end off the drill where the battery sits and soldered 2 wires onto the contacts, made an aluminium plate to cover the hole and the other end has a 12 volt plug. now i have a 12 volt drill in the car wherever I go and dont need to worry about charged batteries. It has been the handiest little thing, I will post piccys soon. I have made quiet a few for mates as you can usually find drills at the tip shop for around $5.

Cheers

TC

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TOECUTTER For This Useful Post:

Finly Owner (5th October 2010)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great work TC, can we also tell stories or inventions and good ideas in general or just 4b's? I have a few brilliant inventions that ended up getting stolen or copied before i could market them or patent the ideas, etc

Cheers

Thanks
    Thanked 3,788 Times in 2,090 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No offense TC, but you probably should keep these to yourself mate, as Locks said people just steal other peoples ideas and profit from them.
    This idea is a bloody brilliant one mate, thanks for sharing it with everyone.
    If any members require assistance in anything regarding this forum, just let me know via a PM and I will help you in any way that I can.

Thanks
    Thanked 20,757 Times in 8,578 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    One idea I use to siphon out liquid.

I mainly use this to siphone out water from the tank on the 4x4 to another tank down the block, this idea is also used to siphon out petrol.

nothing worse than gulping in a mouth full of petrol whilst trying to get the flow going. Just keep feeding the hose into the tank your siphoning from so it coils up at the bottom of the tank. Once there's about 2 metres or so of hose in the bottom of the tank just simply put your thumb over the other end of the hose so it seals off any air coming in and pull the hose out realy fast and put the hose into the other tank (obviously lower than the first tank) and and take your thumb off the hose.

It works everytime. Kind of like putting a straw into a glass of coke and putting your thumb on the top and pulling the straw up, if you take your thumb off the straw the coke comes out. Water gets carried up the hose if air cannot get in until it gets to the point of no return and gravity/flow takes over.

Hope this makes sense...haha

Thanks
    Thanked 3,788 Times in 2,090 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    One idea I use to siphon out liquid.
    It works everytime. Kind of like putting a straw into a glass of coke and putting your thumb on the top and pulling the straw up, if you take your thumb off the straw the coke comes out. Water gets carried up the hose if air cannot get in until it gets to the point of no return and gravity/flow takes over.

Hope this makes sense...haha
    What if you don't drink coke.....................yeah I know I'm an idiot but sometimes I just can't help it
    If any members require assistance in anything regarding this forum, just let me know via a PM and I will help you in any way that I can.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dogman View Post
    What if you don't drink coke.....................yeah I know I'm an idiot but sometimes I just can't help it
    Then ya just use Diet Coke of course
    Western Patrol Club member

GQ with 5.7 Gen 111 V8, Dual ARB airlockers, 33" Coopers, 9000lb Premier winch, Black Widow draws

Thanks
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just use your favourite drink Doggie....Spewmante???....lol

Thanks
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TOECUTTER View Post
    Hey all,
    Thought I would start a thread that displays the injenuity of people and to give others ideas to make life easier. Here is my little mod or invention:

When the batteries in my old battery drill failed to keep charge, I cut the end off the drill where the battery sits and soldered 2 wires onto the contacts, made an aluminium plate to cover the hole and the other end has a 12 volt plug. now i have a 12 volt drill in the car wherever I go and dont need to worry about charged batteries. It has been the handiest little thing, I will post piccys soon. I have made quiet a few for mates as you can usually find drills at the tip shop for around $5.

Cheers

TC
    That's a ripper idea TC, I have an old Ryobi drill at home. I'll give it shot this weekend!

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by locks View Post
    Great work TC, can we also tell stories or inventions and good ideas in general or just 4b's? I have a few brilliant inventions that ended up getting stolen or copied before i could market them or patent the ideas, etc

Cheers
    I thought just the things that we may use when we are out and about in this great wide land, but whatever really.

Cheers

TC

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No offense TC, but you probably should keep these to yourself mate, as Locks said people just steal other peoples ideas and profit from them.
    This idea is a bloody brilliant one mate, thanks for sharing it with everyone.
    None taken, but if someone wants to take my idea of sticking wires into the end of a battery drill and market it...good for them.

Really looking for mods that people have made to existing equipment to suit the needs of us 4WDing enthusiasts and to make life easier.

Yes people with no ideas of their own will probably take others and convert them for their own use, but if they do...good on them, at least the idea may become a reality.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast