User Tag List

Thread: fitting GQ extractors

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fitting GQ extractors

hey guys i bought a set of extractors last night and noticd that it doesnt have a 2 bolt flange at the end of it but it looks like it has some sort of slip in flange if you know what i mean. now i have seen a few of these extractors like this and im assuming thats how they meant to be so what im asking is how do i fit this end of the extractors

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Photos brother ... help us out as I'm not quite with what you are getting at ...

Hopefully it'll be a straight forward one, and bobs your uncle ...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bigrig For This Useful Post:

patch697 (12th May 2012)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I take it by what you've posted the flange is at the 2 into 1 y section (the final stage)? If so just get a flange to match the one on the extractors & join it to your exhaust "or" cut the flange off & join your exhaust directly to your extractors. The slip joint is not an issue.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nah im talking about after it goes into one on the extractors ill take a pic so you know what i mean

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, If you wish to fit the extractors yourself, you'll need to establish what size pipe is coming out if the extractors & what size is fitted to your Patrol.

If the 2x pipes are the same them go to an exhaust fitter & get the pipe on your extractors enlarged to create a slip join & when you fit the extractors cut the exhaust on your patrol to the appropriate length to enable you to slip your patrols existing exhaust into the extractors the when fitted to the engine. Clamp the two pipes at the new joint using exhaust sealer & an exhaust clamp & that should do the job nicely.

If the pipes are not the same size but are of a size which allows one to fit neatly inside the other the you can still fit them using much the same method as I've described above.

I'd like to note here that for the best performance & overall result, the pipe coming out of the extractors should match the existing exhaust pipe your wishing to join into & if thats not the case I'd highly recommend making the appropriate modifications to assure this is the case.

Best of luck with your job at hand & always feel free to come on the forum to ask any further questions you may have or may come across.

Paul.