Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: questions before i settle on a lift kit

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

questions before i settle on a lift kit

hey guys, i have a few questions about lifting my rig...
    at the moment i have a 2" susp lift but i want to go higher as i plan on fitting 35s down the track...
    i have a good friend who can get me either the 4 or 6 inch lift kits from iron man at quite a reduced price but i want to know if its better to go the 6 inch lift bcos i can get it for a tidy price (under $2k ). also, is it better to use drop boxes instead of castor plates? im putting in new front & rear sway bar extensions, front & rear adjustable panhard rods all which come with the kit aswel as the extended break lines, heavy duty adjustable drag link and adjustable steering dampener. im also guna replace all the bushes in the front that dont come with the kit and replace the tie rod ends aswel.
    am i missing anything??
    Soooooo..... You come here often??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Extended brake lines you can save a little bit here and put the rear one on the front. As for drop boxes i prefer to use extended radius arms IMHO stronger

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i no thats the better option but there guna cost more than my entire susp setup!!! :P lol
    also, can i still use my rear sway bar disconnect lever with a large lift?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dunno that one mate i have zero swaybars ;-) i gotta 4" lift and looks to be heaps of room for 35's, runnin 33's currently

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how do u find the ride on the blacktop without sway bars??

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A 6 inch lift is HUGE mate, cant see a reason why you would ever need to go that high! not much chop in the bush other than the odd bog hole. Would simply be dreadful in big hill climbs and side slopes would be terrifying.

I'd be sticking with a 4" lift and be realistic about what you are actually going to do with your car. a 4" lift will do EVERYTHING you will EVER do with it bud.

Drop Boxes ALL THE WAY! especially with that lift.

Dont replace the factory bushes unless you have too then replace them with Nissan Factory ones ONLY mate, Iron Man bushes are JUNK, Dont waste your money, If you get them for free then there is a reason OEM Rubber Bushes or nothing.

No disrespect intended but the only thing a 6 inch lift is good for is Pose Factor and will probably get you more attention from the Coppers than the Girls
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,096 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2" OME lift with 33's and thats heaps, 6" is insane
    2009 GU ST 4.8L AUTO WAGON, 2" OME LIFT, 33" A/T'S, ARB DELUXE BAR, WARN XD9000 WINCH, NARVA 170 SPOTTIES, SCRUB BARS / SIDE STEPS, LONG RANGE TANK, DUALL BATTS, REAR DRAWER SYSTEM, ARB AWNING, KAYMAR REAR WHEEL CARRIER, 3" ZORST

www.swat4x4.com

Thanks
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Breaks View Post
    how do u find the ride on the blacktop without sway bars??
    Not toooooo bad its not scarey thats for sure but similar to a HQ kingswood i had with stuffed suspension.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    A 6 inch lift is HUGE mate, cant see a reason why you would ever need to go that high! not much chop in the bush other than the odd bog hole. Would simply be dreadful in big hill climbs and side slopes would be terrifying.

I'd be sticking with a 4" lift and be realistic about what you are actually going to do with your car. a 4" lift will do EVERYTHING you will EVER do with it bud.

Drop Boxes ALL THE WAY! especially with that lift.

Dont replace the factory bushes unless you have too then replace them with Nissan Factory ones ONLY mate, Iron Man bushes are JUNK, Dont waste your money, If you get them for free then there is a reason OEM Rubber Bushes or nothing.

No disrespect intended but the only thing a 6 inch lift is good for is Pose Factor and will probably get you more attention from the Coppers than the Girls
    i thort a 6 was a bit over the top, only reason i was considering it was cos i can get it for same price as the 4, thats also why i asked for opinions and there much appreciated.
    ive heard only genuine bushes are the way to go so thats wot i'll end up doin. is there anything i should look out for with doin the 4" lift as i will be tackling this myself. (ive got a list of stuff to do on the rig so it'll go to the farm an all get done at once :P)
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 5th May 2012 at 07:43 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May as well extend ya diff breathers while yer at it and also a brake proportioning valve bracket to suit the lift u end up going. As said brake lines too. rear trailing arms extended are debateable on a Q some say not to i went longer lowers as they were twice the diameter as the stockies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast