Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GU lift on a GQ ?

Thanks
    Thanked 20,772 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Maybe get a price off ARB to install as well whilst your there doing the snorkel. They are in bed with Old Man Emu and in my opinion the bee's knee's for suspension!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am wary of all "4wd" shops and would definately make it CLEAR you WILL need the snorkel to be water tight and you WILL be doing deep crossings!!

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no issues with installing the suspension myself, just wanna make sure that I buy the right stuff in the first place, and if I can get a 3 inch lift for the cost of a 2inch I aint gonna complain.

I do have another question though, what about body lifts ? I have heard you can do 2inch without any drama's.

Is this fact or fiction ?

As I said in the first post on this thread my baby is a stock as a rock, other than the bull bar. I know that te radiator hoses may be an issue but will anything else fall by the wayside or need tweaking with a 2inch body lift ?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    Maybe get a price off ARB to install as well whilst your there doing the snorkel. They are in bed with Old Man Emu and in my opinion the bee's knee's for suspension!!!

I got a ballpark quote for getting them to put the suspension on for me just 5 mins ago.... lemme just say they aint doin it... they can do the snorkel though LOL

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Put a 2" OME GU lift in your GQ and you will love it mate. As AB said the GU is a little heavier and therefore the 2" GU springs will ride a little higher in a GQ.

Get ARB to fit your snorkel ad make sure they silicon up all joints for high water crossings as per Growlers Advice bud.

Being a Petrol you would be very wise to add a tarp or car bra to your gear and put in on the cafr before going into the water, regardless of the snorkel. The Snorkel is there to stop water getting in your Air Intake Only! Your electronics will still be exposed and a Crossing Bra will help you ALLOT with keeping the water out of there. A little sikaflex around the gasket of your Dizzy works a treat i am told too

Yes you can fit a Body lift without detriment to your Rego in all states i think. Ask yourself Why you need to do that though mate? 2" will make NO DIFFERENCE to your water crossing and make a huge difference to your body roll and stability.

Have a great trip mate, i have a friend in Nullumbouy.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was looking at some springs a few weeks ago and they had the same part number front for gq and gu i am sure they were ome

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 97_gq_lwb View Post
    I was looking at some springs a few weeks ago and they had the same part number front for gq and gu i am sure they were ome
    They will have different Weight Ratings though as the GU is a much bigger car.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 97_gq_lwb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    They will have different Weight Ratings though as the GU is a much bigger car.
    This is why its so important to give the supplier as much accurate info on the weight/load being towed or stored on your vehicle. A troll like mine thats basically used as a toy will have a very different load rated spring than one set up as a tourer/tower

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I popped into my local ARB this yesterday morning $500 to sup/fit the snorkel

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was looking at doing the body lift as I have been told you are NOT allowed to do a 4 inch suspension lift in South Australia without an engineers cert, but you can do 2inch susp and 2 inch body lift, this came from ARB here in Adelaide, as well as the RTA inspector when I transfered the rego over as my baby came from interstate.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast