Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Damo's GU IV 4.2 STS

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got my winch and spotties on.

The winch is a 12000lb Tigerz11, spotties are Lightforce 240 XGT's.

Last edited by Rip'n'Shred; 8th August 2012 at 10:53 AM.
    GU IV 2006 4.2 TDi wagon

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now have fitted a dual battery system with an ARB tray and autron battery management with dual volt guage. I made up a plastic panel to mount the guage to, that replaced the door trim panel at the top centre of the dash. I made it out of a sheet of lexan. Room to put some arb style switches each side if it.

I also mounted my new pillar pod with the autron dual egt and boost guage, as well as the dual water temp and oil pressure guage. Yet to actually connect the oil pressure and water temp up.
    Last edited by Rip'n'Shred; 18th October 2012 at 01:26 PM.
    GU IV 2006 4.2 TDi wagon

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The build is great and im actually looking at buying an 05 patrol so your build is an inspiration to others out there. The tyco unit you have mounted on the firewall is that your battery solenoid and if so where did you get it from because im trying to find some info on it

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks mate, plenty more to come. Still waiting on my roof racks, awnings and some other gear to be delivered. As well as a 4" lift so I can fit my 35" tyres I have.

The tyco solenoid is part of the autron battery system I got from extreme limits offroad. Great system, very happy with it.
    GU IV 2006 4.2 TDi wagon

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed my Bushranger hot water shower system today.

I wanted the pump and heat exchanger in a location that was out of the way for other stuff in the future, and be in a location that was safe for the item, eg not too close to turbo, no rubbing, etc.

I mounted the water pump off the bracket for the vacuum tank. I had to manipulate the steel vacuum hose a little, and move the location of the mounts for the pipe.

I mounted the heat exchanger off the side of the dual battery tray (sorta tucked up underneath it). Wasn't easy to fit hoses afterwards but with the effort. Sort no pics of this.

Pretty happy how it all turned out, however am a little disappointed in how crap the plastic connectors are that you plug the shower rose and water supply hoses into. The supply hose connector sucks in air, constantly. I will try to get a thicker o ring for it, otherwise will have to replace with brass fittings.
    GU IV 2006 4.2 TDi wagon

Thanks
    Thanked 13,557 Times in 6,620 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looking great Ripn, Coming along well.

FYI you will fit your 35s under her with a 3" lift no trouble at all. You will need to space the front radius arms though but i would recommend Drop Boxes for your caster correction even on a 3" lift and they have a spacer built into them.

My GUIV runs an OME 3" lift with Drop Boxes and it is simply Perfect! I roll on 315/75 R16 Cooper ST tyres and have no trouble at all.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just ordered a 4" flexi lift kit from suspension stuff with their new shocks. About a 4 - 6 week wait! Bugger.

Also just ordered a rear drawer setup from ORS with 45l water tank and MSA drop slide. 3 - 4 week wait! Bugger

Have to wait for lift kit to fit my 35" BFG's I have waiting in my shed.

Picked up a cargo barrier last friday. On the way home I took a little detour bush. The map indicated the track linked up the road I needed to be on to get home. Figured I have a winch so why not, stock suspension and tyres, alone, so I had a go.

Well it didn't go quite to plan. Started of well, got a couple of pics.

A little further up the track it started to get a little narrow and overgrown. Not one to let lantana get in the way I pushed on. Coming down a hill the track turned into a goat track, then at the bottom of the hill the log bridge was washed away leaving a motorbike track crossing. I had to reverse uphill, in wet clay, through lantana to get out.
    Managed to get back through and found an alternate track. Well in hindsight wasn't it ugly. Up hill, damp sticky clay, badly rutted and washed out. Didn't get real far, not from a lack of trying however.

At one point I got a little stuck on a really bad angle. I'm pretty sure I was up on three wheels, crossed up between ruts, sideways on a hill that was washed out pretty badly with trees jammed up against bumper and tyres. I was a little worried I was going to lay her on her side.

Sorry no pics, couldn't get out, rut too deep to open door.

Ahhhh, come on lift and tyres.
    Last edited by Rip'n'Shred; 18th October 2012 at 01:30 PM.
    GU IV 2006 4.2 TDi wagon

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    nice shots mate! im sure the plastic bucket will serve you well =P thanks for sharing
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New boots and Roofrack fitted

One of many frosty morning here lately, nearly every day for a few weeks actually

A Bit of an update.

New alloy roof rack fitted as well as new boots, on nice black steel rims. They are BFGoodrich 305/70/16's

Close, but still ok I reckon

Really needs that lift, next week they tell me
    GU IV 2006 4.2 TDi wagon

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's like christmas this week!

Received delivery of one of my long awaited orders. Enclosed was my full length alloy roof rack, side and rear awnings, shovel and jack holder, exhaust jack and tow hitch.

Rear awning still to fit.

And then the long awaited rear drawer system.

Including 45 litre stainless water tank

So then we went from this

To this

I have got a lot of tidying up to do but at least it's in, tank filled, drawers nearly chockers and fridge running with temp display on autron guage.

Struggling to find time for all this fitting work LOL.
    GU IV 2006 4.2 TDi wagon

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast