OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: GQ 4.2 EFI with gas airbox options, snorkel and Gas mechanic recommendation in Newi

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GQ 4.2 EFI with gas airbox options, snorkel and Gas mechanic recommendation in Newi

Hi Everyone,
    I have a GQ TB4.2 with EFI, the current set up is a K&N airfilter exposed in the engine bay so i am thinking about getting one of these http://www.precisionalloy.com.au/gal...i-airbox/46411 airboxes (not cheap but there's not many other options) and then the plan is to hook up the snorkel.

My questions are:-
    Does any one know of a good Gas Mechanic in or near Newcastle to fit a "bypass pipe" as my current gas guy just said it's not possible to have a snorkel with gas.

And if I do go with this alloy airbox where would I get the pipe to connect it to the snorkel

does any one know what type of gas system I have? (can put up more pics if needed)

can any one point out where the bypass pipe does go from - to?

Thank you for any assistance.

ps. if any one has a GQ steel winch compatible bull bar they want to sell please PM me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like an airod gas system to me.
    you should be able to remove that alloy bit from the inner gaurd and just run a hose straight through.
    I fitted a zd30 gu airbox to mine heres a link with pics to give you an idea.
    http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...kit-td42/page2

In the pic you can see the lip is still on the airbox where it goes through the inner gaurd i removed it and fitted a 3.5 to 3 inch silicon joiner straight up to the safari snorkel.
    I believe supercheapauto is now selling silicon joiners might be worth checking out for your pipework etc.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 97_gq_lwb For This Useful Post:

Dawso (4th May 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,868 Times in 3,667 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have a 4.2 carby with lpg and a snorkel. It runs fine without a by pass pipe but it my be different with efi? The previous owner fitted a hilux cylinder type filter behind the pas side headlight.

Tap, crackle, pop
    Hello from Under Down Under!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have 4.5 efi just recently fitted a snorkel and she loves it havent needed to turn it backwards either so dont know what your gas fella is on about mate

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen it before where with lpg where the forced air is enough to cause backfires missing etc nothing retuning the mixtures won't fix though .