OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Air Jack vs Lift Jack. Or other alternatives?

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bump for the Rouge Dung Beetle, he cant find the thread!!
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    I call this the Blue Wiggle shot LMFAO

If that's the BLUE WIGGLE shot ... what will we call this one then?

Its a Toyota! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got an LS2 in it BONUS!! Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ummm? I can Moderate you
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHA s ok Danny i can un moderate hahahahahahha that would be called pethadine wiggle

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cool my thread gained such an informative momentum. @mudrunner: thanks for posting your pics. makes it hard not to go for the air jack. with a bit of safety kept in mind, this seems quite a versatile tool. and off-topic though, but i love your truck, man! those additional headlights are just about the correct size for it. i was looking for something similar, but wasnt sure it it werent overkill. now i see they fit nicely.
    life below 2000rpm is just...comfortable!
    a diesel engine without oilstains is no diesel engine..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kowalski For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (8th May 2012)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Swear by my hi lift every time took my pto bar and setup off for around town just weighed to much haven't thrown an electric one on yet so the hi lift comes with me every time wether jacking up or pulling with it or you need a 50 kg papper weight I reckon there pretty reliable I have only used a air jack couple times and wasn't to impressed

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great thread, guess I'm buying an exhaust jack now :-) I have always been a little sus on the hi lifty.

Cheers

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah I have one and we had to use it on the Vic meet up as I blew a tyre in a rut. Once we got the fitting onto the exhaust right it worked really well. We also use a hi-lift aswell and the winch rope to support it whilst the tyre was getting changed. Well worth having I think. But I think i will get a hi-lift to as support or backup for the exhaust jack.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Patrol Guru
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gang just my pov hi lift kangaroo jacks call what you will are a good option in sandy area,s and a good arm strong winch when used with chains any where else the air bag are so much easier and lighter to use .Most people tend to use the air jack in a vertical mode but the safest way is the horizontal way with your spare wheel underneath as packing . As for problems inflating on a standard nissan cut exhaust push on firmly and press down and forward . If your bottomed out sitting on the diffs use a snatch stap rope or what ever to tie the bag under the side of least packing ie left or right 90 degres to the air bag and inflate laying on its side. Please be aware when wet think of soap in shower and be careful. Note mudski only inflated to get job done that's about 1/2 by the looks not knowing the brand and being there ,what ever it takes and no more. I love them light and easy .

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just scored a TLV branded 4 ton exhaust jack (with schraeder valve for compressor use) off ebay for $61. Well pleased.

Cuppa

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234