Thread: Gu indicators stopped working

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gu indicators stopped working

Hey guys my indicators stopped working on my gu patrol ute, hazards still work fine though, the clicking noise and green arrow lights won't worrk ( will with hazards though ) checked most fuses under the bonnet and the little fuse spot under the dash? Has thi happened before ? Im pretty sure it's not the indicator stalk as wipers still work fine?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got tow wiring/plug?? Mine was earthing out (rubbing on chassis) and kept causing my indicators to blow the fuse ...

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gnardogg View Post
    Hey guys my indicators stopped working on my gu patrol ute, hazards still work fine though, the clicking noise and green arrow lights won't worrk ( will with hazards though ) checked most fuses under the bonnet and the little fuse spot under the dash? Has thi happened before ? Im pretty sure it's not the indicator stalk as wipers still work fine?

Did you have the stereo surround off? I did this on my old troll and knocked the hazard switch connector a bit loose. Hazards worked but no indicators. worth a try, but just push the connector in properly

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,546 Times in 1,116 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The fuse for the indicators is in the fusebox inside the vehicle. First row, third fuse down it's a 7.5 amp fuse.

If this fuse is not blown then you more then likely have a problem with your hazard light switch.

Yes I know your hazard lights still work, the indicators run through the hazard light switch as well via different contacts.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Old thread I know, but here's my experience if it helps someone at some point. Same thing, hazzards work fine, but indicators do not work. After looking around and checking the schematics I couldn't work out what the issue was. I had removed the stereo surround the previous day so rechecked the connector on the hazzard switch. It wasn't until I removed the plug and noticed one of the pins on the switch was bent down. TBH it looked intentional so rechecked the schematic and found that it was the 12V supply from the 7.5A fuse. This meant 12V wasn't getting to the flasher unit when the hazzard switch was turned off. Straightened the pin and all good.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pspeirs For This Useful Post:

mudnut (9th April 2021), MudRunnerTD (9th April 2021)