OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Full HID Retro conversion. (Not just bulbs and ballasts)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    i have a set of hids in my lights atm, i got the crystal lenses what would you charge for gq set up from scratch?
    In the next couple of weeks I'm going to be doing a conversion on a Dodge Ram which will be a similar sort of set up. Once I've done that I'll have an idea. I might even do a conversion on a set of GQ lights while I'm at it. Can you post me a link to the Crystal lights you bought please?

Cheers Mick.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mick. View Post
    In the next couple of weeks I'm going to be doing a conversion on a Dodge Ram which will be a similar sort of set up. Once I've done that I'll have an idea. I might even do a conversion on a set of GQ lights while I'm at it. Can you post me a link to the Crystal lights you bought please?

Cheers Mick.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-Pa...#ht_580wt_1164

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Garrett just letting you know mate that I haven't forgotten. I've actually just started a business selling all the gear and also fitting it as well but I'm waiting on stock. I've just ordered 30 projector kits in 2.5 inch and 3 inch projectors.

So I will have some pictures of these kits fitted very soon.

Cheers Mick.

Hardcore
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the point of a water sprayer on hid lights lol.
    This is a an old school accessory for frost or snow covered lights but not really needed here in Aus.
    So rare and only really seen on anything but a volvo, so why now?.
    IF IT'S NOT A NISSAN.
    THEN IT'S A COMPROMISE

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by teno45 View Post
    Looks good mate, I'm glad you've spent the time and effort in doing it properly! I hate those dodgy ones.

Few questions,have you been flashed on low beam yet? I've noticed on a couple cars that have factory HIDs, the cut off is alot more defined, even more so than yours.

Whats the point of the angel eyes? Just looks?

and the burning question.... how much?

Cheers, Teno.
    This is a very late reply as I missed your questions altogether. To this day I still haven't been flashed and I think it has a lot to do the the colour of the bulbs I'm using which is 4300. They look more light a natural light then the blue look of even some of the factory hids.

Angel eyes are just for looks but done right they can look pretty neat. I'm about to put a 3inch set up in mine shortly that has the white angel eye set up as a parker and it has an orange run set up as an extra indicator.

As I said in the post above I've just started a business selling and also fitting these kits so I ordered heaps of them. The kit I bought cost me about $450 delivered to my door. Now that I'm buying the kits by bulk I can get them for a lot cheaper and they are almost the same as that. The ballasts are a different brand but thats about all. I'm also going to be using a different angel eye as I think an led angel eye would be better.

When everything turns up I'll speak to admin here about opening a thread in venders section with what I'll be offering and will give members here a better price again.

Cheers Mick.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats exactly right mate. It's not as if there going to wash mud off. lol

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heres a couple of pictures of my HID Projector install into a H4 7 inch headlight.

I'll have some more pictures of the finished product plus before and after lighting shots when the lens dries. The time factor for doing the light conversion isn't that great (about 2 hours) but as there are a lot of little stages where you need to wait for different glues to fully cure before continuing on it's takes a couple of days to do. The picture below is of all the different glues and sealers I'm using to make sure it's all done properly, all water tight and wont fall apart.

Once the CV boots go on the back the lights should be pretty close to totally water tight but as anyone knows there is know real way of stopping water getting though the bulb wiring on any light but these will be sealed better then most.

Cheers Mick.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate thats an awesome retro-fit......love the amount of time and effort that went into this.

The thing I never understood with the "washers required on HID lights".....if your doing an aftermarket mod on lenses (vehicles) that don't have washer nozzles...why not just put two OEM bonnet washer nozzles in the bumper, below the lights....and tap them into the windscreen washer circuit? A few metres of cheap plastic hose, some nozzles....and the car is "apparently" legal. Easy fix....

Once again mate, great work....

I put one set of headlights in the oven off a previous vehicle.
    Never again, the Missus will definately kill me.
    Dave
    99 GU 2.8 TD
    Brisvegas, QLD

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks mate. I've spent a fair bit of time making jigs, setting up a plum bob and doing a lot of research to get them right.

The only real reason for the washers on lights is as most of the Europeon cars are from cold countries it's to remove the snow and ice from the lights which is why most of them squirt warm water apparently.

If I get enough people wanting the washer kits with these conversions I can get them out of China for about $50 which are designed to work off a seperate switch with there own watter bottle or you can wire them up to your existing window washers.

I'd had projector lights now for a while and been pulled up a couple of times for random breathe tests and I've never had anything said about them. If you use 4300 bulbs then no one really takes any notice of them.

Cheers Mick.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are some pics of the back which is pretty much water proof and defently a lot more water proof then they would be from standard. I was even surprised how well this idea worked. They work out to be about 80mm longer then standard.

I've got some before and after shots of a mates 75 series. The shots are taken just with my I phone because it gives you a better idea then when I tried with a camera.

Before.

The lights haven't been adjusted yet and as you can see the bullbar blocks a lot of the light as it's off a different model 4wd. Even the vertical bars are blocking some of the light. We new the bullbar blocked some of the light before but we had no idea how much until we put some decent lights in it.

Cheers Mick.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast