Thread: Narva spotties

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Narva spotties

Hi all,
    Has anyone had any experience with Narva lights?
    Are they any good or not?
    Cheers John.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,096 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Comes down to a personal choice would be the best way to explain it, same as most things. I have narva 175's on the troll and personally i dont like them, i had to wire them up from scratch right back to the globe housing. Me personally i prefer lightforce as i find they put out a better light and stronger but they are more expensive.
    2009 GU ST 4.8L AUTO WAGON, 2" OME LIFT, 33" A/T'S, ARB DELUXE BAR, WARN XD9000 WINCH, NARVA 170 SPOTTIES, SCRUB BARS / SIDE STEPS, LONG RANGE TANK, DUALL BATTS, REAR DRAWER SYSTEM, ARB AWNING, KAYMAR REAR WHEEL CARRIER, 3" ZORST

www.swat4x4.com

4. The Following User Says Thank You to oncedisturbed For This Useful Post:

Superoo (20th April 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never had a problem with any Narva gear.
    225's spread or spot are pretty good for the price, great with HID's in them. 175's are good in spread beam for what they are. Narva Extremes are very good and very easy to adjust. I use 225's HID for spots and 175 spreads good combo. I'm swapping the 175's for some Hella Rallye 4000's extra wide beam soon.
    I love terra firma - the less firma the more terra

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bordertech For This Useful Post:

Superoo (20th April 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To basically explai n Brans best I can

Narva- American- A cheaper alternative to Hella- Australian- Great, but unrealistically expensive. Many other brands in all price ranges.

What I look for is anti vibration mounting, good strong mount bracket, strong metal housing, good reflector, And I prefer non sealed beam(unless they're landinglights). I will be researching HID sotties later on.

The only other things I believe are important is; what do you want your spotties to do? Beam straight down the road, Spread across the road, Work light to give you light close to your vehicle, Fog light for just foggy/rainy conditions. And then size, will they fit ithe bullbar, will they deflect airflow to the radiator and restrict cooling, if they are on the roof will I get glare throught he windscreen(doI need to fit them further back or use glare shield under them?).

Tim
    Getting Older Is Unavoidable, Growing Up Is Optional!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Finly Owner For This Useful Post:

Superoo (21st April 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I got narva 175 on my work ute they are ok for what they are but have nothing on lightforce

10. The Following User Says Thank You to nissannewby For This Useful Post:

RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many! Silver's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate has roolights on his cruiser - lightforce knock offs as far as I can see. They work well
    RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many!

"As a boat owner and a four wheel drive owner I feel like a pelican: every where I look I see a big bill in front of me”

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Silver For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Go the Hella's mate....... good old German company, German quality and been tried n tested on thousands of rally cars over many many many years........ but yes they are pricey

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Clunk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finly Owner View Post
    snip
    Narva- American- A cheaper alternative to Hella- Australian- Great, but unrealistically expensive.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by clunk71 View Post
    Go the Hella's mate....... good old German company, German quality and been tried n tested on thousands of rally cars over many many many years........ but yes they are pricey
    Just to clarify for anyone going after the bonus points at their next trivia night but Narva and Hella are both German companies. Hella originated in Germany over 100 years ago and Narva is East German.

Hella still make a heap of their lights in Germany and are considered better than the Narva's but IMHO Narva's are quite OK and worth their dollars. I have Narva 100's converted to HID's in my bullbar and very happy indeed. Very solid construction, good thick lens however the reflectors corrode easily if water gets in.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

Finly Owner (20th April 2012), Superoo (21st April 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the evil twin View Post
    Just to clarify for anyone going after the bonus points at their next trivia night but Narva and Hella are both German companies. Hella originated in Germany over 100 years ago and Narva is East German.

Hella still make a heap of their lights in Germany and are considered better than the Narva's but IMHO Narva's are quite OK and worth their dollars. I have Narva 100's converted to HID's in my bullbar and very happy indeed. Very solid construction, good thick lens however the reflectors corrode easily if water gets in.
    Thanks Mr quizmaster lmao

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clunk71 View Post
    Thanks Mr quizmaster lmao
    ROFL...

I wanted "who wants to be a millionaire" but some nobody called McGuire got the gig... sigh...
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast