Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a bit of an investment :-
    A dreampot or thermopot.
    http://www.dreampot.com.au/

It makes travelling easier especially with kids (I know because I have six).
    When we travel long distances we will cook breaky and make a stew, pack up and drive all day. At the next camp stop, I set up while the missus serves out hot stew.
    We also use our dreampot at home a lot instead of using a slow cooker. With the cost of electricity it just makes good sense to use thermal store energy to cook your meals.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Now I have i new buddy called Elgrande, brought a Dreampot years ago at Melb 4x4 show. maybe 5 years ago.
    Still haven't used it. Already tasted roasts and other food from them just not mine.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mmmmmmm dream, pot

Jack taps here...........
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,318 Times in 6,442 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    For those, like me who don't have a chainsaw. Get yourself a bow saw. Everyone who has used mine is amazed at how quick you can slice through a 12inch piece of wood. Chainsaw is obviously better but a bow saw is cheap as chips and do the job real good. But for kids, stuff the dvd player and t.v. No electronics when we go. Play in the river or on their bikes and they do this all day. I'm kind of spewin' I gave my cast iron camp oven to my brother in law years ago when I wasn't camping. Must get myself another... The wife wanted to get a porta dunny. I told her if she wants one, she can clean it, I'll crap in the bush...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    The wife wanted to get a porta dunny. I told her if she wants one, she can clean it, I'll crap in the bush...
    I was given a good tip - put a bin liner in it & throw it every use ... Yet to buy a loo & try it but sounds like a sensible idea

Sent from Sharen's iPhone using Tapatalk ....
    NISSANS Rulz .... "Amelia" the 2006 4.2ltr Patrol Ute & "Seamus" the 2008 3ltr Patrol Wagon

We are located in the Port Stephens region of NSW, sand, water and fun in the sun!
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there are environmentally friendly loo bags that break down over time. We use these in our Jimmy's Thunder Box if camped in a group.
    If not, its shovel and dig time,,,,,,,,
    Better than the old plastic bag hanging around for thousands of years in landfill.
    Cheers

The BigFella
    500,000ks and still counting!

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don't even use a bag. Dig the hole deep enough for the weekends dumpings, tie a rope with a handle on it to a tree so you have something to hold onto, you don't want be backing one out and back into the hole. When your done, chuck a little dirt over you bizzo and its ready for the next person.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Don't even use a bag. Dig the hole deep enough for the weekends dumpings, tie a rope with a handle on it to a tree so you have something to hold onto, you don't want be backing one out and back into the hole. When your done, chuck a little dirt over you bizzo and its ready for the next person.
    Sounds good to me!!! LOL

Sent from Sharen's iPhone using Tapatalk ....
    NISSANS Rulz .... "Amelia" the 2006 4.2ltr Patrol Ute & "Seamus" the 2008 3ltr Patrol Wagon

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well the way I see it the less gear you take to set up, the more time you have for fun. I'm a simplist. Is that even a word? Simpleton then, earlier this year I spent three days up in the high country and all I took, was my fridge, my bow saw, swag, grog and food. Not even a chair or a torch. Bloody loved it.

We are located in the Port Stephens region of NSW, sand, water and fun in the sun!
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cant agree more with you on that point, If I go camping on my own or with my son we only take the swags, fridge, food beverages and a hot plate for the camp fire.

but for the times when we go with families and there are a few little kids and woman present, we have found the environmental loo bags a great.
    They are scented and sanitised, so they help leave the site clean and disease free.
    Who hasnt set up camp in the bush to find a foul odour lurking through the camp site late on a hot afternoon?

Havent even started on the "white flags" scattered through the bush in some camping spots!
    Cheers

The BigFella
    500,000ks and still counting!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast