Thread: Ab's Sunwagon Camper

Thanks
    Thanked 20,772 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

AB's new camper trailer - Round 2

Well I'm finally home. Just did an 8 hour round trip to pick this up and I'm buggered!!!

I'm like a kid at Christmas time with this new addition and I'm very happy with it.

The guy has spent a lot of time and effort converting this Windsor pop top into an offroad machine and the quality of workmanship can be noticed!

Anyways, I'm exhausted....lol...Here's some pics below. I couldn't put it all the way up under the carport. The canvas got wet when he was showing me the camper so I have to air it out tonight but you get the picture.

I love the inside....He has put LED's everywhere, new fridge and more customized 12V gadgets then you can imagine!

I love the CD player and speakers in the roof too...lol

The tyres are the same stud pattern as Patrol's and the spare tyre was actually off his old GU so thumbs up!

Here are the details and specs as the seller explained. I have been looking for something like this for over 5 years now and the timing wasn't right for me but I just had to take this opportunity when it came up!

Our much-loved Camper Van is a very solid, comfortable and functional item, and has been part of family holidays for a long time. 1984 Windsor Sunwagon, with full off-road conversion. 4/6 berth, with U-shaped seating area, solid wind-up roof (with screened opening vent), canvas upper sides, zip-open flyscreened windows. Galley includes sink, Electrolux 3 way fridge (replacement item), Chef 2 burner stove with griller & oven. This has always been stored in a shed when not in use. It tows very easily, and is lower than the roof of the 4WD. The body is 2M wide.

Off-road conversion: increased road clearance and strengthened chassis, heavy duty axle with independent suspension, very heavy duty springs. Heavy hubs & bearings, 14 inch electric brake drums, 15 inch wheels (as on Nissan Patrol, Holden Jackeroo etc) with Bridgestone Dueller H/T tyres and. Draw bar strengthened with additional bracing. Coupling replaced with ring & pintle; however the original standard tow ball coupling is included and can be readily refitted.

Extra’s: Canopies to both ends. Awning. LED interior lights, external light, door & step lights. CD/AM/FM radio. 4 - 12V DC power outlets. Roof bars. Fire extinguisher
    This is much-loved, but is a used item; there are marks & scratches. These are cosmetic only with no structural concern. Known are:
    1. Dented aluminium exterior panel at rear, beneath number plate
    2. Stone dents behind car wheels at front
    3. Minor damage to a flyscreen (repairable)
    4. Marks on lining panel (cosmetic only).
    5. Moth holes in cushion cover over table for use as bed – due to long term storage (never used)
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice mate, I need 2 get myself one of those, If u don't mind me asking how much did you pick it up for?
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toddrhind View Post
    nice mate, I need 2 get myself one of those, If u don't mind me asking how much did you pick it up for?
    He started the Ebay auction at $2500....Because I'm an Ebay idiot I saw it within half an hour from the start. I emailed him asking if he had a buy it now price in mind, etc.

He emailed back saying $2800 and It's yours...I couldn't believe he said that...lol.

I'm so happy with it, I'm going to fix that other trailer up now and hopefully get a $1000 for that if I do a quality repair on it and get some funds back...lol

Thanks
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There's a bit of red dust here and there. It's done a few km's this thing in the outback but he did take good care of it.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,788 Times in 2,090 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Very nice mate, great pick up.
    If any members require assistance in anything regarding this forum, just let me know via a PM and I will help you in any way that I can.

RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many! Silver's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very impressed AB, you are going to have a lot of memories built around that rig I reckon.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    Very impressed AB, you are going to have a lot of memories built around that rig I reckon.
    I'll never sell this thing mate. It's the perfect addition for my young family now....Perfect for the easter trips and occasional big family 4wd trips.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice one Andy, looks like a ripper mate, camping in style now... with a few $$$ back from the trailer, it's a steal mate. Good work
    "Tonka Tuff" 08-GU6, 3.0lt crd, 5 Speed, Turbo Diesel, Hpd, Arb, Ome, MT Baja Atz.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I was also surprised how well the ring and pintle hitch work's actually...Obviously it clinks around but it travels well and reverses pretty solid too.

Old school army style....lol

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done AB,
    You'll never regret grabbing that bargain, years of fun to come enjoying the outdoors with the family.
    It's a carbon copy of our old camper that the kids absolutely loved, doing Frazer Island and lots of other
    places.
    Been well looked after too, I'm glad your dream came true!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast