User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lighting Upgrade for GU

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=BearGUST;214449]I would be getting the wiring corrected and add relays to the circuit while you're at it.
    Plenty of people have fitted HID's but it is illegal. Only vehicles which were factory fitted with HID's have a suitable reflector, others do not which is why it is illegal.

Is this state specific? I was thinking about upgrading to HID's. Currently in Queensland.

Cheers,

Ty.
    2000 4.2 - 2" Lift - 3" Exhaust - IPF Spotties - Kincrome Winch, Plasma Rope - Stratos Seats - BF Muddies - Procomp Wheels - Trailblazer Fridge - Outback Drawers - Solar - Running with 2Stroke and a truck load more to come..........(Chopped in July)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not state specific but here's the RACQ info:

http://www.racq.com.au/motoring/cars...ets/headlights

There's a lot of reasons - the reflectors aren't designed correctly for the brightness of HID, Vehicles with OEM HID's must be fitted with self-levelling beams, etc etc.

Anyone with the attitude 'I don't care' is a pig in my books. Being blinded by these people's lights is dangerous.
    GUIII ZD30 Manual Wagon, OME 2" lift, 33" BFG AT's, Snorkel, Chip, 3" Redback Exh, Dual Batts, etc.
    KEEP OUR TRACKS LITTER FREE!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BearGUST For This Useful Post:

Tymeup (23rd April 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good one bear.
    If I get an on coming car with super bright lights I usually burn their retinas out with the spotties. I have bad eyes so being blinded is no fun. I have seen people road rage over it as well.
    GU4_3"lift_4"exhaust_sliders_Bars_fridge_roof top camper_lockers_duramax_allison_ohh yeah!!!

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,311 Times in 6,441 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BearGUST View Post

Anyone with the attitude 'I don't care' is a pig in my books. Being blinded by these people's lights is dangerous.
    That would be from headlights not correctly leveled. I put HIDs in my wives SUV she had and we constantly got flashed from other cars. I readujsted them sow they were pointing down more than before and the effect of our vision didn't change but we got no more flashing from oncoming cars.

Snort...
    Last edited by mudski; 10th May 2012 at 08:52 AM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no more flashing does nt mean they were not still causing a problem of a dangerous nature, just that people did not think you were on high beam. People like myself that have light sensitiveity will be completely blinded by oncoming cars. Even brand new BMW's with ultra white halogen bulbs can be blinding to a large percentage of the population. HID's in standard low beam headlights are illegal for a reason - they are dangerous.
    GU4_3"lift_4"exhaust_sliders_Bars_fridge_roof top camper_lockers_duramax_allison_ohh yeah!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,404 Times in 2,989 Posts
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 98gu and have found that the lights are more than adequate for normal use. I also have spotties that only get used when travelling on country roads.
    Last edited by Bob; 8th October 2012 at 08:02 PM.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers for all the advice guys. I ended up sorting out all the bad wiring connections and then buying an aftermarket set of the clear lenses (series 3?). Much brighter now and It's great to be able to see where I'm going at night!

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually am running 1 90/110w (I think globe and one +30 55/60 - as the other +30 blew somewhere out the back of nowhere and the servo nearest had either the 90w H4 globes at a decent price or some plain old H4 globes. So I bought the pair of 90's and that side is noticeably brighter on stock wiring. Was going to look at a loom upgrade but have never got there, try not to night drive too much.

Also have a set of lightforce XGT with good wiring so the high beam side is no issue

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had recently upgraded the stock headlights of my GU to HID. I had wanted to install additional lights, but have no other place to mount them unless I get me a bullbar. I believe I had seen on ebay or somewhere else that there were projector headlights with HID bulbs that could be purchased. I hope this bit helps mate.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rowlund View Post
    I had recently upgraded the stock headlights of my GU to HID. I had wanted to install additional lights, but have no other place to mount them unless I get me a bullbar. I believe I had seen on ebay or somewhere else that there were projector headlights with HID bulbs that could be purchased. I hope this bit helps mate.
    They would be my kits mate. lol

I make full bolt in kits for all patrols or anything for that matter.

Cheers Mick.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast