Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super slug the ride

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Super slug the ride

ok well have been driving a ef falcon wagon for the last few years ( family car ) and just a couple of weeks ago a old lady ran my better half off the road and into a fence, wrote the car of which left us looking for a car that seats 6 or 7, which is nearly imposible considering the wagon was insured for 3600 and once they took out excess didn't leave much as my better half hasn't held a open licence for twelve months,,
    Was looking at pajero's but realy who want's to own one of them, but the money i had didn't leave much choice . looked at a couple nothing but head gasket problems computer problems at this money ,, had been looking at patrols but were about a grand out of reach .

One i had been following on the net dropped heaps in price so i made a call and went for a look see ,, first look the body was great ( i have been a panel beater/ painter for 30 years ) no rust hanging out , under the bonnet was reasonable for a diesel ( i know nothing about ) underneath had a fair amount of sufface rust but no cracks or holes ,, looked like it had done ALOT of beach work..

so $2000 was the price it had 6 days rego , gave him the cash and drove it home since then have got a roady and it's back on the road,
    it's a 1985 MK LWB sd33 5 speed
    i have driven road cars all my life , been 4x4ing with mates but never with my own car
    i should have bought one of these years ago a little slow but goes anywhere!!

here's some pics

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SUPER SLUG For This Useful Post:

AB (18th April 2012), DX grunt (31st July 2012), Finly Owner (18th April 2012)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bloody oath looks real neat mate and for 2k i rekon your on a winner there

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to growler2058 For This Useful Post:

SUPER SLUG (17th April 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    had a little sway bar misshap the right hand mount let go front end felt like it was going to fall off lol,
    fixed that and while i was down there found that the u bolts that hold the diff on was missing a nut and another one threaded
    so today i went to iron man and got new sets front and back , cleaned up the springs and diff , painted them and put it back together drives great now

Thanks
    Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,096 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looken good and a good score
    2009 GU ST 4.8L AUTO WAGON, 2" OME LIFT, 33" A/T'S, ARB DELUXE BAR, WARN XD9000 WINCH, NARVA 170 SPOTTIES, SCRUB BARS / SIDE STEPS, LONG RANGE TANK, DUALL BATTS, REAR DRAWER SYSTEM, ARB AWNING, KAYMAR REAR WHEEL CARRIER, 3" ZORST

www.swat4x4.com

Patrol Guru
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice looking rig mate got any action shots

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweakedoffroad View Post
    Nice looking rig mate got any action shots
    not yet only had it a couple of weeks , going over everything just to make sure it won't fall apart got a week end organized for landcruiser park next week so i'll have some then for sure

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good on ya' mate...where you based? My story reads the same....gotta an old C%&N wagon for my missus but its not worth a pinch of S&%T so finally got me a patrol too...great fun!
    SPEED METAL NEVER WENT AWAY>>>>> ONLY OUR HEARING DID!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzymalone View Post
    Good on ya' mate...where you based? My story reads the same....gotta an old C%&N wagon for my missus but its not worth a pinch of S&%T so finally got me a patrol too...great fun!
    arana hills mate not far from you

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok so it's about time i updated this thread , (been having to much fun 4x4ing) since i got the slug i have replaced all the front steering componants drag link, centre rod , tie rods and about to buy new dampener tomorrow, all front end Ubolts replaced and new spring bushes and shackles ,, after my first trip of 4bying there where a few large knocks coming from underneath so had a look see and low and behold broken gearbox mounts , well that what you get for smashing it over shit it doesn't want to go over lol , but it was a good week end .. replace the mounts and still with the rusty exhaust looking like a machine gun hanging out of a world war II bomber with all the holes plus it sounded like a cesna decided to get it replaced ,, Asked a fella on the friday how much he said 400 for a standar exhaust from standard manifold went back there tuesday and he said hang on there's extractors hanging up on the wall have been there since he bought the shop about ten years . we looked for them and here they where brand new on the back wall as if they where made yesterday , walk out to the car and they go down past the gearbox in two pipes into one , he turned around and said $550 for the hole thing so i quickly left the car there and got it done ,, what a bargain !! so it's quiet as a mouse and got heaps more grunt ,,, changed the fuel filter last weekend and found blue rocks like road base in there seams to run alot smoother too ,here's some pic's of what i've done

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done on the zorst mate. The ol gals are bloody tough units ay!

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast