OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soundproofing 4.2 TD continued (Moved from 'My Rides')

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soundproofing 4.2 TD continued (Moved from 'My Rides')

Almost done, worked a another hour after these photos were taken, only rear driver panel/wheel wheel left to do. I've saved four sheets for the rear passenger doors but for the life of me can't figure out how they come off! I've got the bottoms off and the single screw in the arm rest but can't see anymore poppers or screws. (you can see the one new speaker hanging in the background that I'd like to get covered before the Tuesday trip).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2004 4.2TD ST, Berrima Diesel Injector Tuned, Viper 3" SS exhaust, Cross Country Ultimate Intercooler, Solvaris sound proofing, DigOptions GPS/MMU, 220mm Roo Lights, PIONEER TS-D1602R 6.5" x 4 speakers, Autocar EGT&Boost gauges, Brown Davis 80L Aux, Icom 440, Alloy drawers and cargo barrier, 2" Amanda Extreme / Dobson / PolyAir lift, CSA mags with Toyo ATII tyres, Rhino Pioneer roof rack now with brackets, Performance 4x4 16g Large.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HuskyInAuz For This Useful Post:

AB (15th April 2012), Clunk (15th April 2012), MudRunnerTD (28th May 2013), Rip'n'Shred (17th April 2012)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's that type of soundproofing material called? I'd like to do some in our Trol one day.
    1989 GQ LWB Wagon, TB42 Petrol/LPG Auto. Bought Dec 2010

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Solaris is the brand name, aka Dynamat, they are on Ebay. It's about 3mm thick, heavy duty aluminum foil over a bitumen/asphalt like material which goes down on the metal. I've been using a very thin aluminum 'duc' tape to cover the seams after heating and rolling. Prevents the bitumen from sticking to the carpet underlay.
    2004 4.2TD ST, Berrima Diesel Injector Tuned, Viper 3" SS exhaust, Cross Country Ultimate Intercooler, Solvaris sound proofing, DigOptions GPS/MMU, 220mm Roo Lights, PIONEER TS-D1602R 6.5" x 4 speakers, Autocar EGT&Boost gauges, Brown Davis 80L Aux, Icom 440, Alloy drawers and cargo barrier, 2" Amanda Extreme / Dobson / PolyAir lift, CSA mags with Toyo ATII tyres, Rhino Pioneer roof rack now with brackets, Performance 4x4 16g Large.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to HuskyInAuz For This Useful Post:

ripper (17th April 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I'll have to look them up.
    1989 GQ LWB Wagon, TB42 Petrol/LPG Auto. Bought Dec 2010

Thanks
    Thanked 2,240 Times in 752 Posts
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi HuskyInAuz!
    I would like to ask you about water.
    If water gets on the floor of the salon, will it be sinked into soundproofing film or it can it or will it evaporate from film?
    I'm Alexander and I'm the happiest owner of GQ Nissan Safari in the whole Central Asia

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great stuff. Will be looking into same! Thanks for the post
    GU IV 2006 4.2 TDi wagon

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Water ??? I live in the driest continent in the world we don't get wet here (LOL)
    We kept the drainage holes open and the 'salon' was taped over the seams. I really can't tell you water will escape normally but we only added the 3mm to what slope/drainage was already there.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SoundProofing ... Continued

Okay, run (2.15 hours) to Canberra today over a mixture of roads, paved, bitumen, washboard dirt (minor). Soundproofing was SO GOOD (lol) that I could hear my wife knitting needles clank while she was working.

Problem was not sound, rough ride ....

So given I have not done any suspension work I need to look at it and tires (tyres).
    Really slammed a lot (only thing I can compare to is the X5 BUT THE PATROL HAULS a lot more !!!!) and we pulled a mate out of the ditch that was in a TNT DRW single axle delivery truck that decided to turn around in the middle of a steep ditched road. Didn't work to well.. we pulled him out NP. Asked us how much $$$ we wanted, guess we messed up, he's a bluey, I'm a bluey so we just pulled away. I'm actually surprised we didn't wreck his loading strap in the process so now I'm going to really look for a recovery strap in addition to suspension.

Scott

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nice now I just need to find the motivation to pull the interior out of mine, Ive had the dynamat sitting in the shed for months Was it easy to manipulate and form to the floor and other curves?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice work, did you do the doors? Door trims??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast