Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ARB VS Opposite lock

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ARB VS Opposite lock

Just like to see what do people prefer? Me I really like the OL bull bars over ARB any day! They look so much nicer.. I also got the best deal from OL spring wood. They ended up a shit load cheaper than ARB.. And the Elocker well what can I say what a magnificent locker I will never go back to a Air locker again..

Anyway here is a pick of my GU next to a mates GU. Same model 4wd. Both bars are winch bars both are the top of the range bar from each place..

Cheers Lewy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    GU ST-L 4.2 turbo diesel Because reliability counts!!!!!
    Front Elocker and a Heep more cool stuff :-)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats not the top of the line arb bar. That looks like a combination I think they call it. Theres the deluxe and then Sahara on top of that.
    Teno's Troll...
    08 CRD ST. 2" lift, 33' Maxis Bighorns, Snorkel, ARB Deluxe Bar with Foggies, 12000lbs Avenger Mako TDS with Synthetic rope.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I was at ARB they said that this is the top of the range bar for a 2003 GU and that I could not get the sahara one for my model.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep, i'm with Teno, The ARB deluxe bar has the integrated driving light pack and looks Awesome.

Sorry the OL bar is a Copy and likely a Chinese copy to boot. You may even find that is it s rebranded Powerfull4x4 bar.

I have done the tour of the ARB factory in Kilsyth in Victoria. If i was going to pay for the best, the ARB is without a doubt the toughest and best looking bar on the market. Individually hand made in a factory in Victoria for the World Market.

OL can NOT make that claim.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Yep, i'm with Teno, The ARB deluxe bar has the integrated driving light pack and looks Awesome.

Sorry the OL bar is a Copy and likely a Chinese copy to boot. You may even find that is it s rebranded Powerfull4x4 bar.

I have done the tour of the ARB factory in Kilsyth in Victoria. If i was going to pay for the best, the ARB is without a doubt the toughest and best looking bar on the market. Individually hand made in a factory in Victoria for the World Market.

OL can NOT make that claim.

All good points.. I was always concerned that the bar was imported (witch I was not happy about) But I still think it looks so much nicer than the ARB one.. Also When I was at ARB they said they do not make the Sahara bar for my model GU... The toughest bar most likly but far from the best looking IMO
    Last edited by Lewy; 14th April 2012 at 01:04 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Look better with hoops but i cant find a copy of a pic on their site with the hoops, All the pics are on a late model for marketing but they certainly Do list that it suits flares.

ARB Bullbars for a GU Patrol

********EDIT

That sucks a bit Lewy, i searched the site another way and your ARB dealer is right i think?? ARB do the bar you have and the bar i posted a pic of but they do not list the Deluxe bar with side hoops and the driving lights?? WTF. That is very disappointing.
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 14th April 2012 at 01:17 PM.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post

Look better with hoops but i cant find a copy of a pic on their site with the hoops, All the pics are on a late model for marketing but they certainly Do list that it suits flares.

ARB Bullbars for a GU Patrol
    Absolutely that dose look great and is what I like the nice loops. Iv never liked the square look of the arb bar.. But again ARB told us more than once that they couldn't do it for my 4wd :-(

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 3,670 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    i know nothing of the build quality etc but judging by looks alone id have to say the OL looks heaps better. I like the round centre hoop and the side hoops. Getting a mate to make a custom one like that but with a bigger and thicker bottom bar.
    Hello from Under Down Under!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Build quaility seems very good. A friend has one and we cant fault it. Im happy enough that i have one on order for my GU, it looks nice, is different enough to stand out a little from the pack, was a good price and seems to be just as tough as any other bar on the market.
    2005 GU 3.0L ST
    Cooper tyres, Alloy B'Bar, Safari Snorkel, 3" Exhaust, Rhino Racks, Dual Batt, NADS
    and a very big wishlist in the glove box...

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, didnt realise you meant specifically for your model, sorry mate.

Just had a look at my ARB Pricelist and looks like your right!

Just got the called today, my ARB Deluxe bar has arrived! 2 weeks into apparently a 2month waiting list! Got to be happy with that!

I dont like the sahara bars at all. Im not overly sure which design I like between the two loops (ie: your OL bar) or the single loop/two straps (ie: ARB combination/deluxe bars). But dont like the fog lights on the OL bar at all. I didnt like the OL bar really, the deluxe just looks better in my opinion.

Will have to throw up a photo in the next few days once I get it on!
    Teno's Troll...
    08 CRD ST. 2" lift, 33' Maxis Bighorns, Snorkel, ARB Deluxe Bar with Foggies, 12000lbs Avenger Mako TDS with Synthetic rope.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast