Thread: Long Range Fuel Tank interior access and sound proofing

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Long Range Fuel Tank interior access and sound proofing

Well I'm about 75% done with putting down the sound proofing and I was looking at Long Range Fuel tanks both main and sub... There is a disclaimer/warning on two mfg sites, need access to inside of vehicle. Soo... I'm assuming they mean access to the two ports in the floor, which we've covered, but cut around and exposed the four nuts on each plate. Am I missing something else? After a day or two of putting this stuff down with a heat gun you can't get the stuff off very easily (ah learning a thing or two the hard way).
    Scott
    2004 4.2TD ST, Berrima Diesel Injector Tuned, Viper 3" SS exhaust, Cross Country Ultimate Intercooler, Solvaris sound proofing, DigOptions GPS/MMU, 220mm Roo Lights, PIONEER TS-D1602R 6.5" x 4 speakers, Autocar EGT&Boost gauges, Brown Davis 80L Aux, Icom 440, Alloy drawers and cargo barrier, 2" Amanda Extreme / Dobson / PolyAir lift, CSA mags with Toyo ATII tyres, Rhino Pioneer roof rack now with brackets, Performance 4x4 16g Large.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    what sort of truck do you have mate? can you take a pic or 2 of the job? i need to do the same to my car and would love to see what you have done?
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rusty_Nail,
    There should be some pictures posted of the work in progress in the 'My Rides' threads, if not I can re-post them. I had to put the front seats back in to run errands but working on rear portion, hopefully complete in the next couple days as I'd like to see how quite it is on a run to Costco in Canberra next Tuesday.
    2004 GU 4.2 ST
    Scott
    2004 4.2TD ST, Berrima Diesel Injector Tuned, Viper 3" SS exhaust, Cross Country Ultimate Intercooler, Solvaris sound proofing, DigOptions GPS/MMU, 220mm Roo Lights, PIONEER TS-D1602R 6.5" x 4 speakers, Autocar EGT&Boost gauges, Brown Davis 80L Aux, Icom 440, Alloy drawers and cargo barrier, 2" Amanda Extreme / Dobson / PolyAir lift, CSA mags with Toyo ATII tyres, Rhino Pioneer roof rack now with brackets, Performance 4x4 16g Large.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rusty,
    Were you able to see the pictures..? I'll probably add a few more tonight in the DIY forum.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Basically if there is a hatch in the floor pan it will be to get to the sender. Worth keeping access or if you ever need to you can just drop the tank to get to it. You can make that descision mate. No big deal really. You may never need to get to it
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Might be a good excuse for me to buy a long range tank prior to completeing my interior sound deadening, easier install It doesn't really take much of an excuse for me to want things though.