Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Auto confusion

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saw13 View Post
    As soon as you turn your key on, does the light come on for two secs then flash 16x ??
    On mine, yes. This still happened, sometimes..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah i tried this the other day, nd once again just then, light comes on for two seconds then flashes 16x which is suppose to be normal as it does its own sys check, but i still go through the
    diagnosis instructions nd nothing happen lol,
    As soon as you turn your key on, does the light come on for two secs then flash 16x ??
    No, power light comes on for about 2 secs then goes out, that's all that should happen as far as I'm aware.

When you get a chance, would it be possible 2 record the flashes for me please and post it up???

Just about 2 send you a pm

Cheers

Todd
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ade View Post
    Now I remember one thing!

1 gears change really quickly (really quickly) unless putting foot down a fair bit, feels a little gutless nd feels like it doesnt grab gears properly,

3 POWER switch light comes on when turning off O/Drive, visa versa, even when the HOLD switch is active (is that suppose to?)

This is the first issue that I had with my auto..similar to yours mate. I dont have the hold button though, just the power/od button. So, I just disconnected the TPS (solved the #3) and drove it like a manual (#1)..until I got the 2nd hand unit from a wrecker and its all good. But still..I was like adjusting the TPS more than 7 times to have it change gears at correct speeds. As for the gutless feels and doesn't grab the gear properly, I sorted these issue after the box been rebuild and a Nomad Valve Body from Wholesale Automatic Transmission was fitted.

The only issue I got left now is the fluid temperature, manageable though. Rodney of W.A.T told me that I should get a hand on a later version of the torque converter as what I have now is an earlier version of tc (F1-smooth bell housing) and it is smaller than the later version of tc (J6-ribbed bell housing).
    I disconnected the TPS, turned the key to the ON pos, O/Drive was turned OFF nd the light comes on, turned ON the O/Drive light goes out, hhmm!!!
    Mine is also a the J6 ribbed box nd also has a GU stall converter as i was told by my mate that i currently bought the motor nd box off.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NissanGQ4.2 View Post
    No, power light comes on for about 2 secs then goes out, that's all that should happen as far as I'm aware.

When you get a chance, would it be possible 2 record the flashes for me please and post it up???

Just about 2 send you a pm

Cheers

Todd
    Tried the DIA once again Todd, nothing happened,
    But as soon as u turn the key to the ON pos or start the car, the power light comes on solid for 2 secs, then flashes continuosly for 16 times.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is one other option that i can think of before i take it back to the auto leaky, is to disconnect the wiring harness from the auto to the connectors underneath the engine bay nd check for bare or damaged wires, just a thought!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tried the DIA once again Todd, nothing happened,
    But as soon as u turn the key to the ON pos or start the car, the power light comes on solid for 2 secs, then flashes continuosly for 16 times.
    Does the power light flashes indicate an issue - i.e. the number and type of flashes indicates a specific problem .. because mine is having issues as per other threads also, and it flashes about a dozen time when I turn the truck on??

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 3,670 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In the Haynes manual that I have it's not the,amount of flashes but the length of any given flash, i.e. if third flash stays on longer it is such and such, or if 6 short flashes followed by four long it is means another issue etc....I can't remember the exact wording. Will have a look when I get home. The first time I did the diagnostic check it said I had a problem with my TPS....turns out there was no TPS at all! So it was on the money

tappin it
    Hello from Under Down Under!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    c'mon get the mobile phone recording and post up the flashes for us so we can work out what the fault code is
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NissanGQ4.2 View Post
    c'mon get the mobile phone recording and post up the flashes for us so we can work out what the fault code is
    Hey mate sorry ive taken a mobile video of it but it wont let me post it up at all, keeps saying upload failed!!!!

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by taslucas View Post
    In the Haynes manual that I have it's not the,amount of flashes but the length of any given flash, i.e. if third flash stays on longer it is such and such, or if 6 short flashes followed by four long it is means another issue etc....I can't remember the exact wording. Will have a look when I get home. The first time I did the diagnostic check it said I had a problem with my TPS....turns out there was no TPS at all! So it was on the money

tappin it
    Yeah i looked very closely nd every flash is the same exact amount of time lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast