Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1 head light stays on????

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Given that the total cost to fit 2 relays, 2 fuses and the wiring is about $30 DIY and the advantages are brighter Headlights (you get the full Alternator voltage) and reduced current thru the stalk (IE milliamps instead of 10 Amps) it is one of the first Mods anyone should fit to a GQ.

The second mod would be to rrrsehole the sealed beams and fit semi-sealed with +100 bulbs and you will be amazed how much it improves the lighting.

If anyone does put semi-sealed lenses in... DO NOT put the larger wattage globes (90/100's or 90/130's) unless you mod the wiring. The Stalk Switch and the Earths at the Headlights can't handle the extra current for very long at all.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

Breaks (13th April 2012)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the evil twin View Post
    Given that the total cost to fit 2 relays, 2 fuses and the wiring is about $30 DIY and the advantages are brighter Headlights (you get the full Alternator voltage) and reduced current thru the stalk (IE milliamps instead of 10 Amps) it is one of the first Mods anyone should fit to a GQ.

The second mod would be to rrrsehole the sealed beams and fit semi-sealed with +100 bulbs and you will be amazed how much it improves the lighting.

If anyone does put semi-sealed lenses in... DO NOT put the larger wattage globes (90/100's or 90/130's) unless you mod the wiring. The Stalk Switch and the Earths at the Headlights can't handle the extra current for very long at all.
    i got the prob sorted, stripped and cleaned it but i think im guna do this now, cheers for that!! ^^
    Soooooo..... You come here often??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12