Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roof top tents

Hi,

just wondering what roof top tents people are using and if there are any you could reccomend?

cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i want one too, after looking at alot online they all look the same except for a slimline one i found. Interested to hear some feedback. Towing a camper seems like a pain in the arse when there is only me and my GF.
    If you going through hell...Keep going

GQ wagon locked - lifted - 33's, 02 SS ute, XB coupe 460bb, KTM530

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi , I got one from pinnacle wholesale they have a ebay store, used it a couple of times, seems to be quite good and much cheaper than arb and some other ones out there.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Chinese roof top tents are good, I wouldn't get caught up paying extra for the brand on the cover. They are all from similar factories and made from similar quality materials. We have an Outback Campers roof top tent here in WA, it's made from Aussie canvas and cost us about $2500. It's an excellent unit and the mattress is as good as the one in the bedroom. We spent 3 weeks up the gibb river road last year and had it mounted to our trailer. We purchased a Chinese roof topper for our friends to stay in during the trip. The quality is good considering it cost under $1000 and it came with an enclosed annexe. The mattress was pretty average and our friends were complaining by the end of the trip. However the mattress was only 75mm foam. They have excellent air flow which is good on warmer nights. I would recommend them for the odd overnighter. If your going to be going weeks at a time spend the extra and get an outback roof topper or something similar like a ship shape. Make sure its Aussie canvas though and it will lat forever.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day Alan, I've got an Ironman RTT. Very happy although not the quality of a Hannibal (or similar). I chose this one mainly because the access ladder is covered and enclosed with the annex on.
    GU1 Auto ST4500 lpg/petrol.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive got one called an up top camper (chinese one from ebay ) havnt had a problem with it just completed a 5 week tour around wa outback the unit came with tent awning and bottom skirt for 1300 virtualy the same as an arb tent
    Theres only one thing tougher than my truck............. YES DEAR GOING TO DO THE LAWNS NOW
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries,can and do kill people and damage property

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Alan,I also got one off ebay, Got the tent and awning and flyscreen for about 1200. Haven't used it yet but plan to on the May day weekend. Being a slightly older and portly gentleman I think i may be upgrading the mattress but will wait until we try it.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bazzad
    To thicken our mattress and make it more comfortable we used a double bed size egg shell foam mattress thing they will actually fit inside the original cover with a bit of swearing and effort was comfortable enough for us
    Theres only one thing tougher than my truck............. YES DEAR GOING TO DO THE LAWNS NOW
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries,can and do kill people and damage property

10. The Following User Says Thank You to patrol2.8 For This Useful Post:

bazzad (13th April 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Choice choice choice all i can say is choose wisely [are you going to use it regularly, what climate are you using it in, overnighters or 2-3 day stops] for my money buy for quality not price you won't be disappointed just my 2 cents worth.
    Watch out there's a Poo "Yota" lurking in the shadows !

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes Dark 1, I do tend to agree with you. It took us a bit to go this way but we figured that with just the two of us nowadays it should be ok. Quality looks good so far but after our trip out west in September this year (a 4 week trip) we will know if it is up to it or not.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast