Thread: scan gauge

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

scan gauge

Hi everyone
    been looking at a scan gauge II as it it a plug and play set up but i have been trying to find out if it does EGT??
    having separate boost and temp gauges seems the way to go but i would have to get someone to instal these as i dont have a workshop or shed to work in.
    so is scangauge worth getting and will it do what i want?
    or should i get an A pillar pod mount and put in 2 gauges??
    i also find that individual gauges can be a bit expensive.
    the will be for a 08 CRD 3lt...
    any input would be great,, cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey mate,

Also have an 08 CRD 3.0L, and no EGT on scan gauge!

I was hoping the same thing, so somewhere down the line Ill be adding the EGT and boost gauges to a pillar pod. Whilst the scan gauge does do boost, I'd prefer to have it on its own gauge and monitor something else on the scan gauge.

Cheers, Teno
    Teno's Troll...
    08 CRD ST. 2" lift, 33' Maxis Bighorns, Snorkel, ARB Deluxe Bar with Foggies, 12000lbs Avenger Mako TDS with Synthetic rope.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgreen View Post
    Hi everyone
    been looking at a scan gauge II as it it a plug and play set up but i have been trying to find out if it does EGT??
    having separate boost and temp gauges seems the way to go but i would have to get someone to instal these as i dont have a workshop or shed to work in.
    so is scangauge worth getting and will it do what i want?
    or should i get an A pillar pod mount and put in 2 gauges??
    i also find that individual gauges can be a bit expensive.
    the will be for a 08 CRD 3lt...
    any input would be great,, cheers
    Malgreen,
    I have a scangauge fitted to our 07 CRD (its actually velcroed to the top of the steering column) and it works great and I have a Autometer boost gauge fitted as well. I have the boost readout working all the time on our SC and the AM boost gauge is more sensitve and reacts quicker but the scan gauge isn't usually too far behind and they read the same boost (it only takes a fraction of a second for the scangauge to catch up to the boost gauge). As for fitting the boost gauge you can get an intercooler pipe from Taipan XP (you swap yours with them) that has a fitting already welded into it and all you do is swap it over and connect up your small hose and fittings that should come with the gauge. I paid a deposit on mine as I didn't want to send mine down and have my patrol off the road for a week or so, you do get your deposit back when you send your intercooler pipe to them, so no biggy really. As for the EGT gauge...well I still haven't fitted mine...been slack, but I will do it on the next one that's for sure.

Are they worth getting....you betcha, they give you real time readouts on what is going on.

cheers

Greg

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanx guys, looks like i will lay out the dosh and get a pillar pod with the 2 gauges,, will have to look at Taipan for that exchange intercooler pipe. not sure if i would worry about having a scan-gauge as well as the pillar pod at this stage as funds wont allow for both. been looking at how to install the EGT probe and i just might have to get someone to do that for me as i dont have a workshop or even a shed, ( which sucks by the way,,,lol )

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have a look at one of these has a larger face and is touch screen
    http://www.bullydog.com/product.php?ID=1
    found this one on ebay alot cheeper from usa
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/WatchDog-...item53e862c7ac
    Last edited by my third 256; 7th April 2012 at 06:57 AM. Reason: new info
    2007 GU 6 /ST-L / MYO8 / DIESEL/AUTO /MOONSTONE /pro vent 200
    OH LEATHER IS NICE

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so I hooked the ScanGuage II up last night and I must say that I am very impressed, what a mint piece of kit!!

Anywho reading through the destructions and google a few things I do have a few questions for the more experienced users out there.

First off all the turbo boost, the standard one seems to work fine, I have no idea how accurate it is but is using the XGauge version where you need to calculate the atmo pressure any better?

Also the TPS didnt change from the defualt setting of 24 when I plugged it in, is this right for ZD30 CRD? I want to get the accurate ltr per 100k read out.

Any help greatly appreciated.
    2008 GU ST Bog stock and no smoking barrels!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The inbuilt boost setting in the gauge now is accurate, no need to adjust for atmo. I have a mechanical boost gauge as well as the Scangauge and readings are pretty much the same, the Scangauge is just a touch slower than the mechanical gauge.

As for accurate fuel usage, it will take a couple of fills to get the gauge reading correctly. Out of the box it's just guesstimating usage based on the type of engine. After two fills the Scangauge got my next fill accurate to within 1 litre, and that was a fill of around 115 litres. Just follow the destructions regarding fuel fill ups and adjust for the difference between guessed and actual.
    Last edited by Lonicus; 22nd May 2013 at 08:29 PM.
    2012 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD. Alloy bull bar, HID spotties, Pioneer GPS/CD/DVD head unit, Beaudesert 2.75" exhaust, Autometer Boost and Pyro gauges.

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do, kill people and damage property.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lonicus For This Useful Post:

Avo (16th February 2014), Beni C (23rd May 2013)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Lonicus.

Just one more question mate, with regards to the fuel cut of setting to get an accurate LHK reading, the default for the SC is 24, is that right for the Patrol or should it be changed?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think I even looked at that sorry mate, so mine would just be however it was setup out of the box

I found using the AVG display for fuel usage to be the most friendly, LHK display can get a bit scary, especially when you plant it going up a hill!
    2012 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD. Alloy bull bar, HID spotties, Pioneer GPS/CD/DVD head unit, Beaudesert 2.75" exhaust, Autometer Boost and Pyro gauges.

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do, kill people and damage property.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lonicus For This Useful Post:

Beni C (23rd May 2013)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome mate, how do you understand the average fuel economy though if its not in ltr per 100k?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast