Views

Bugged looks like she's coming out then

Bugged looks like she's coming out then
  2. Thread: The 10year plan

by Tank
    Replies
    Views

The 10year plan

So 2 years ago Fiona my fantastic wife and I came up with the 10year plan. The plan is to load our Safari onto a ship and send it over to Australia so that we can spend 6 months driving around and...
  3. Replies
    Views

Winters over so first thing in the morning I gave...

Winters over so first thing in the morning I gave it a good wash and spot treated the rust that is starting in the stone chips on the bonnet, scratch marks on the roof. Then toward the end of the day...
  4. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Not quite today but yesterday I got to finish...

Not quite today but yesterday I got to finish work early and spent 4 fantastic hours out in the bush looking for a deer. Spooked one that barked at me, but that dosnt matter I got to spend 4 hours in...
  5. Replies
    Views

I am so glad to hear that you are all ok. I live...

I am so glad to hear that you are all ok. I live a bit on edge this time of year as I am a volunteer with the fire and during the next few days/weeks all I seem to do is find myself listening for the...
  6. Thread: Tanks Safari

by Tank
    Replies
    Views

Tanks Safari

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a604/russellferens/WestCoastQueensBDay2013044_zps174e24b2.jpgThought I would chuck up some pics from a recent West coast trip....
  7. Replies
    Views

Came home and started the process of drying it...

Came home and started the process of drying it out and rang the insurance company to lodge a claim for some West Coast love rubs, pulled the drivers side wiper boss out and have glued the mounts back...
  8. Thread: Ground Anchors..

by Tank
    Replies
    Views

My anchor is home made and really simple. I find...

My anchor is home made and really simple. I find it works well in most places except sand where digging a hole and buring the spare tyre works well.
    The anchor is a length of 120x12 flat bar 1m long...
  9. Replies
    Views

I have only ever seen them on the TD42, the catch...

I have only ever seen them on the TD42, the catch is it has to be a manual box. On the side of the gear box (passengers side) there is a cover plate that is removable and the PTO take off bolts on...
  10. Replies
    Views

Maybe this time...

Maybe this time
    http://s1286.photobucket.com/user/russellferens/media/Slider1_zps4cbb9878.jpg.html

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a604/russellferens/slidersreadyforpaint_zpsa8d61b2e.jpg
  11. Replies
    Views

I won't be weighing it I am working the weight...

I won't be weighing it I am working the weight out of the steel list weight. for the 40mm is 3.08kg per meter and the 50mm is 3.5kg per meter. This means the sliders come in at just under 15kg per...
  12. Replies
    Views

I'm sure we have all had that red faced moment...

I'm sure we have all had that red faced moment when in desperation we have hooked on to that slightly dead looking tree and either had the winch rope cut it down or pulled it over or is just me?
    Our...
  13. Replies
    Views

I have a factory PTO winch on my GQ and I would...

I have a factory PTO winch on my GQ and I would now really struggle to go back to electric
  14. Replies
    Views

I remember when I was 5 and the old man walked...

I remember when I was 5 and the old man walked out on us. I remember 2 meals a day being normal , sasauges and potatoes being a feast for several years before mum could get a job.
    I remember my...
  15. A lot of the Y60 Safari's that were imported to...

A lot of the Y60 Safari's that were imported to NZ came with a winch on them the autos had electric ones and unless I am mistaken they were a rebadged Warn 9000lb 24v a mate of mine runs one and its...
  16. Replies
    Views

Condensation can build up in any fuel tank if it...

Condensation can build up in any fuel tank if it is left to sit and there is an air space.
  17. Thread: Map and Compass

by Tank
    Replies
    Views

Poll: Map and ompass work is one of things that it pays...

Map and ompass work is one of things that it pays to keep working on. The rule of 3's is a good one to remember: 3 things you have been passed that tell you where you came from, 3 things that tell...
  18. Replies
    Views

In the past when similar has happened to me I...

In the past when similar has happened to me I have found that hiring a carpet upholstery cleaner and giving it a good once over and then putting a dehumidifier in the wagon for a week works well
  19. Replies
    Views

I run heavy duty 50mm lift springs inn m y LWB...

I run heavy duty 50mm lift springs inn m y LWB GQ. There is very little sage in the back with a 2 ton trailer on and when it's loaded it rides really nice but empty it can be like being the only...
  20. Replies
    Views

In my GQ a 1kg is mounted behind the gear lever...

In my GQ a 1kg is mounted behind the gear lever and in front of the centre consule on the tunnel and another one is mounted just inside the rear door because quite often the camp kitchen is set up...
  21. Replies
    Views

Drain the tank and then when you refill it add...

Drain the tank and then when you refill it add half a litre of meths to the full tank and give it a good shack around on a rough road or similar. The meths will absorb any water that is left over and...
  22. Replies
    Views

Welcome aboard

Welcome aboard
  23. Replies
    Views

Stick with the long wheel base I have done alot...

Stick with the long wheel base I have done alot of miles in both and the LWB is much more comfortable as far as the ride goes both on and off road, LWB is more stable on really steep stuff and you...