OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Yes the pressure may be even but that does not...

Yes the pressure may be even but that does not mean he flow will be. It is the lack of volume of the manifold and the shape of the inlet runners that causes turbulence which interrupts and restricts...
  2. Replies
    Views

Are you talking about intake or exhaust...

Are you talking about intake or exhaust manifolds?

If your talking about the intake manifold on a TD42 then the main reason people change/modify them is to get more even air flow across the 6...
  3. Replies
    Views

For the cost of 'double hi flowing' the HT18 you...

For the cost of 'double hi flowing' the HT18 you could but a decent Garret or MHI turbo that will work better. The factory turbos are crap when used for anything other than a factory tune.

And as...
  4. Replies
    Views

Let the smoke out of my front splits. :( Back...

Let the smoke out of my front splits. :( Back surgery = no work = no money = listening to the sound of wind for the foreseeable future.
  5. Replies
    Views

Very nice mate.

Very nice mate.
  6. Replies
    Views

The cable has one of those cylinder things on the...

The cable has one of those cylinder things on the end but I guess you could cut it and fit some kind of crimp or screw lug on the end. Here are some pics of mine.

Actuator mounting...
  7. Replies
    Views

I have got the AP60 on my GQ TD42. It is awesome,...

I have got the AP60 on my GQ TD42. It is awesome, makes life so much easier on long trips and I can drive longer before I get tired.

I mounted the actuator just below the battery and ran the...
  8. Replies
    Views

I thought the mobile blokes still had to remove...

I thought the mobile blokes still had to remove the rotors to machine them.

Assuming you have manual hubs:

Jack the front of the car up and put set the front in axle stands. Remove they front...
  9. Replies
    Views

Yeah I loan my tools to my mates, same as they...

Yeah I loan my tools to my mates, same as they loan their gear to me. If I can't trust them with my tools then they are not a mate, they are an acquaintance. And I wouldn't loan my tools to an...
  10. Replies
    Views

Some where along the line I sold my 35" FCII's...

Some where along the line I sold my 35" FCII's for some 33" BFG AT's on alloys.

October last year saw us up Fraser Island for 10 days. I had removed the rear bar and sliders to paint them but ran...
  11. Replies
    Views

Dominator's TD42 GQ

I have been enjoying reading people's build threads lately so I figured I would do my own. I bought my Patrol about 6 years ago and it was a fairly standard '95 TD42 with 350,000kms with a safari...
  12. Replies
    Views

I didn't even consider that using Tapatalk would...

I didn't even consider that using Tapatalk would cut the income of the forum. I feel bad now :( I only use tapatalk because it makes it easier to browse on my phone. I am more than happy to see adds...
  13. Replies
    Views

If your only doing the one side you can get away...

If your only doing the one side you can get away with not removing the oil. Just jack the one side up so the oil won't come out.
  14. Replies
    Views

Digital Voltmeters

That's what I have done. I have one meter at the front for my start battery and one in the back for my aux battery. That way I can check my aux voltage every time I get a beer. So every 5mins :D
  15. Replies
    Views

Rear diff axle seals

I done mine recently. You will need a seal puller as the seals are pretty damn tight and can be hard to remove. You will also need a drift or some pipe the size as the outside of the seal to tap it...
  16. Replies
    Views

Special thanks to JAS!

Great to hear. Out of curiosity what business does Jas own? After seeing his generosity in the member in need thread I am sure I am not the only person that would like to support his company.
  17. Sticky: Never mind. I was just to impatient. :D

Never mind. I was just to impatient. :D
  18. Replies
    Views

Member on hard times parts list

I have got 4.5L of LSD oil I am happy to donate but unfortunately I am up in QLD. Also I have found using newspaper is a great substitute for rags when doing swivel hub kits. (Used to replace cv's...
  19. Replies
    Views

Help needed for a member on hard times.

I only just caught this thread but I will send a small amount of money through PayPal. Fantastic work fellas!
  20. Thread: Security

by Dominator
    Replies
    Views

Security

I have always had immobilisers in my cars. I used to put alarms in but got sick of the alarm going off all the time. Now I just have a remote immobiliser. It unlocks/locks the doors and disables the...
  21. Replies
    Views

What makes a tough tourer.

If they are a decent brand then you can give them hell. I have got a LRA tank in my GQ and have had the weight of the patrol sitting on the tank when I had to winch across a rock. Barely scratched...
  22. Replies
    Views

no clutch or gears

Sounds like your clutch slave cylinder is leaking.
  23. Thread: GQll ??

by Dominator
    Replies
    Views

GQll ??

Yeah the corner courtesy light came out on RX and I believe RX only come out in series II.
  24. Removing GQ Rear Sway / Stabalizer Bars Legalities in NSW

That's what I was thinking. I would loan you mine but I am a bit far away. They are only 4 bolts and 2 nuts to remove. Surely someone on here can loan you one.
  25. Thread: Depression

by Dominator
    Replies
    Views

Sticky: Depression

I am struggling with pain at the moment. I have a bulged disc in my lower back and it is causing severe nerve pain in my left leg. Have been off work since Xmas and it has been an emotional roller...
Page 1 of 2 1 2