OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

Search:

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Agree with everything mentioned so far except for...

Agree with everything mentioned so far except for the grenade issue. The zd30 got better after 2003 but the fix was the CRD engine that came in 2007.
  2. Replies
    Views

Here’s some of my favourite YouTube channels. ...

Here’s some of my favourite YouTube channels.

Car related:
    - Mighty car mods
    - Four Wheeling in Western Australia (Ronnie Dahl)
    - 4xoverland
    - Summit expeditions

Firearms:
    - Forgotten...
  3. Replies
    Views

UPDATE: I had the Patrol put on a dyno today...

UPDATE:
    I had the Patrol put on a dyno today and I am happy to say that the news on that front is very good.
    The lowest AFR was 18:1 during the runs which is quite lean. It also topped out at...
  4. Replies
    Views

The front part was first restored in 1993. I was...

The front part was first restored in 1993. I was with the club in 2015 when we rebuilt the rear wall. The two side walls will also need changing out in the future. We used hand tools like saws, axes...
  5. Replies
    Views

Good to see you had a great time Jack. It’s such...

Good to see you had a great time Jack. It’s such a beautiful area.
    i was there about three weeks ago for a weekend. Flew in to Adelaide and drove up with some mates. Just did the bush walk up to the...
  6. Replies
    Views

There is also slight grinding required for 43%...

There is also slight grinding required for 43% gears as well. Only the 24% gears fit straight in.
  7. Replies
    Views

The price is good as well. I paid $1500 for my...

The price is good as well. I paid $1500 for my gears direct from Marks.
  8. Replies
    Views

Reduction gears are probably the best mod I have...

Reduction gears are probably the best mod I have done to the Patrol. Absolutely transformed it off road.
    Best thing to do is get onto Marks Adapters web site and look at the table which lists the...
  9. Replies
    Views

Remap regrets

With the proliferation of ecu remaps now days I thought I would start a thread regarding them.
    A few years ago (late 2014 I think) I had my Patrol remapped and I was initially very happy with it....
  10. Thanks for the info guys. The Patrol is due for a...

Thanks for the info guys. The Patrol is due for a service so I will take it in to 4x4 Solutions and get them to take a look. They serviced the car last time.
    They don't have a Dyno though so can't...
  11. Replies
    Views

I don't know about the Exped but I have a...

I don't know about the Exped but I have a Blackwolf mega deluxe (100mm) thick self inflator and after 5.5 years of use it's still like new. Has been used for heaps of weekend trips and a Simpson trip...
  12. Replies
    Views

You take your chances going up there in November....

You take your chances going up there in November. It might be pleasantly hot or stinking hot you just don't know. If staying in air conditioned rooms though it's probably not that bad. Watch out for...
  13. Replies
    Views

Condolences to you and your family John. This is...

Condolences to you and your family John. This is terrible news.
  14. Replies
    Views

UPDATE!!! Received an sms from ARB that fridge...

UPDATE!!!
    Received an sms from ARB that fridge was ready for pickup last Thursday (20April). Picked up om Monday and it now works. They replaced the power board and control unit under warranty. ...
  15. Replies
    Views

It's like Hondas V-Tec. Nissan Variable Valve...

It's like Hondas V-Tec.
    Nissan Variable Valve Event and Lift (commonly abbreviated as "VVEL") is an automobile variable valve timing technology developed by Nissan.
  16. Replies
    Views

I don't get the impression that this is a...

I don't get the impression that this is a widespread problem with these fridges but sh1te does happens with all makes and models. If the circuit board where to go again out of warranty I would just...
  17. Replies
    Views

Reading the comments he didn't as they left him...

Reading the comments he didn't as they left him behind to wait for recovery. It was actually the front diff pinion that broke and the prop shaft dropped off the rig. The owner (Shorty 40) didn't...
  18. Replies
    Views

I like the fridge as well. And you are right...

I like the fridge as well. And you are right about the warranty. 8 days out is not grounds to reject it under Australian consumer law. The Waeco had a common problem with the 5A polyfuse which was...
  19. Thread: Key problem

by Rock Trol
    Replies
    Views

I had two new keys made up for my Patrol last...

I had two new keys made up for my Patrol last year at a real lock smith. Cost $120 for the two. He reprogrammed one key and cut the chip out of the old key which was worn and put it in the second new...
  20. Replies
    Views

exactly what I have experienced in the last few...

exactly what I have experienced in the last few weeks as I have been playing with the valve settings and even let the ecu have a go at controlling boost (not a good outcome on hilly terrain). Boost...
  21. Replies
    Views

I have been playing around with my cars boost...

I have been playing around with my cars boost setup over the last few weeks and saw the same behaviour on hills when boost was low or the spool up rate slow. Set the Dawes to around 19 psi and close...
  22. Replies
    Views

Set the needle valve up today and it does make a...

Set the needle valve up today and it does make a big difference.
    The engine has a lot more boost down low and the Patrol is a lot easier to drive in hilly roads. Taking off there is a lot less...
  23. Replies
    Views

If you think the diesel fumes are more noticeable...

If you think the diesel fumes are more noticeable then a remap won't fix it. The oem exhaust has a catalytic converter in it. Does the new exhaust have one? If not then that's probably the reason....
  24. Replies
    Views

I am only running the HPD controller at the...

I am only running the HPD controller at the moment and have no limp mode problems. It runs well but is a bit laggy at the start. I think I will put the needle valve back on and play around with it as...
  25. thanks for the correction. I couldn't remember...

thanks for the correction. I couldn't remember the actual units when I posted. We were told that this was the reason by someone who owened a communications business that spoke to us at one of our...
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4