OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Good to clean out the threads in the block with a...

Good to clean out the threads in the block with a thread tap if you've got one. Surprising how cruddy they get.
    Remember to make sure there is nothing (grease. oil, crud, gasket debris) in the...
  2. Replies
    Views

Simply smarter! Love it when a cunning plan comes...

Simply smarter! Love it when a cunning plan comes together.
  3. Replies
    Views

Impressive!

Impressive!
  4. Replies
    Views

Way to go man!

Way to go man!
  5. Replies
    Views

i've used hylomar before, if the head is...

i've used hylomar before, if the head is machined properly and the top of the block is nice and clean, theres not much point, not with these if u use a quality head gasket.
    i would also suggest a...
  6. Replies
    Views

Dunno about the Hylomar. Patrolapart do heads....

Dunno about the Hylomar. Patrolapart do heads. Click on the Patrol Parts button at the top of the page. Type in Tb42 head in their search bar and you will see a few options.
  7. If the spark is uneven such as a lead breaking...

If the spark is uneven such as a lead breaking down you would probably not see anything. But if the plug is faulty or gapped too close you could see a metal deposition, not only from one terminal to...
  8. Thats handy Phil. I would think if there was...

Thats handy Phil. I would think if there was corrsion on all plugs, whats on that guide would be it. But only on one plug, gotta be something else.

Would a dodgy lead possibly cause this? Or help...
  9. Have a look here...

Have a look here
    https://www.onallcylinders.com/2012/12/20/reading-101-how-to-read-your-spark-plugs/
  10. It could just be leaking into that pot when the...

It could just be leaking into that pot when the engine cools, then the warmth in the pot "steams' away the coolant giving the spark plug a corroded coating. Corrosion needs moisture to happen.
  11. I would pull the plug and simply replace it and...

I would pull the plug and simply replace it and monitor. I seem to remember build up can occur from the 'corona' of the spark itself if the plug gap or plug itself are faulty, gap usually being too...
  12. Cracked head or gasket letting a little coolant...

Cracked head or gasket letting a little coolant into that pot?
  13. Looking at the images for the mechanical pump, it...

Looking at the images for the mechanical pump, it is basically the same oil splash lube as my ol' Fairmont. I just made a metal plate that matched the hole to blank it off. But I hope someone who has...
  14. Replies
    Views

A friend of mine had an early navara diesel...

A friend of mine had an early navara diesel non-turbo. It was very heavy on fuel and didn't go very fast.
  15. Replies
    Views

Fair enough. 90% of Ebay parts like starters and...

Fair enough. 90% of Ebay parts like starters and alternators are cheap rubbish sold by the same people who just want to flood the market with rubbish. Expect to get what you pay for...
  16. Replies
    Views

Maybe I was I was just lucky, I received better...

Maybe I was I was just lucky, I received better treatment then the above. The purpose of the post was to explain how I did the job. You can buy from anyone. My initial problem was to find the right...
  17. Replies
    Views

NEVER buy from this crook. I bought an alternator...

NEVER buy from this crook. I bought an alternator from him, lasted two weeks. Got the wife to take it back, he refused to warrant it saying it has had water it in.
  18. Replies
    Views

How long is a piece of string? It all depends if...

How long is a piece of string? It all depends if you want to experiment with your cash.

A reputable company will sell you a tried and tested product.

Recently talked to an HQ owner that...
  19. Replies
    Views

When I did mine I used a Superchaep Auto "foot...

When I did mine I used a Superchaep Auto "foot operated dip switch" that I screwed to the side of the foot rest to engage/disengage the lockup.

A toggle switch on the dash to "arm" the lockup IE...
  20. Replies
    Views

Sorry just re read your post , if it's too steep...

Sorry just re read your post , if it's too steep and you're revs start to die just flick it off .
    I've done the cheap arse lazy barstard install and just have one stepped relay with one off on...
  21. Replies
    Views

Best used for towing only , mine is a TD 4.2 and...

Best used for towing only , mine is a TD 4.2 and I have to be over 60 or it labours the motor so no good for off road steep technical stuff .
    Leave overdrive off when using the torque lock but if...
  22. As I posted, just a little oil as you don't want...

As I posted, just a little oil as you don't want to cause it to hydrolock and bend a rod.
  23. Gas is hard on valves. One easy test to see if it...

Gas is hard on valves. One easy test to see if it is rings is to squirt a smidgen of oil (not too much )onto the cylinder wall and crank it over a few times then do another compression test. If it...
  24. I got a complete kit from online auto parts about...

I got a complete kit from online auto parts about 3 months ago for $167.00. NSK bearings and everything was there as advertised. Time will tell I guess. I have brought quite a bit of stuff from them...
  25. Cheers mate. Japanese bearings for the win. Once...

Cheers mate. Japanese bearings for the win. Once you have read a few ads you should be able to see the differences. Full rebuild. Terrain Tamer is great. Any dramas mate just post your question in my...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3