OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Unfortunately the injector seal is moulded into...

Unfortunately the injector seal is moulded into the rocker cover and can't be replaced. It is a whole new rocker cover. I have been down that path, but at 5-600 dollars, I thought was a bit rich. I...
  2. Replies
    Views

While this thread is here. Here is something to...

While this thread is here. Here is something to consider

As per this picture taken from the Factory Manual, there is only 1 degree of tolerance for castor on a Patrol.
    Seeing that...
  3. Replies
    Views

i had to fit castor correction bushes in my gq,...

i had to fit castor correction bushes in my gq, but thinking i will get arms when these ones die
  4. Replies
    Views

Agree with mudski as some do need correction...

Agree with mudski as some do need correction bushes some dont. Did mine.

Madchef, To do yourself you need 4 good stands & a floor jack (need lift chassis up & support it) I have done mine a...
  5. Replies
    Views

Dont do the bushes, and then when you have done...

Dont do the bushes, and then when you have done the lift, take it somewhere to get the caster measured. They'll tell you.
  6. Replies
    Views

Same thing happened here when I got a 2 inch...

Same thing happened here when I got a 2 inch lift, but after a few years of owning the GU, the rubbers needed to be replaced due to age and the correction rubbers were put in, but not by choice...
  7. Replies
    Views

+1 on no bushes. I got a new damper as well but...

+1 on no bushes.
    I got a new damper as well but no bushes needed.
    A wheel alignment after installation finished the job.
    It handles much better than before the lift.
  8. Replies
    Views

Hi Dave - had mine done at West Coast Suspension...

Hi Dave - had mine done at West Coast Suspension for about $1200 two years ago. No fus or bother and they have been around awhile doing mining trucks etc. That included a new steering damer. No new...
  9. Replies
    Views

Hey mate just pulled my springs or in the weekend...

Hey mate just pulled my springs or in the weekend to put in some spacers. Back ones are easy just undo shocks & sway bar links then drop the axle down with the chassis firmly supported with stands...
  10. Replies
    Views

I have done it a few times, and it is fairly easy...

I have done it a few times, and it is fairly easy once you have done it before .... first time is always the hardest

See these threads for help
  11. Replies
    Views

Raise front on stands, chock front diff on jack,...

Raise front on stands, chock front diff on jack, disconnect front shocks and lower front axle with jack a couple of inches, install new springs and shocks. Raise rear on stands, chock rear axle on...
  12. Replies
    Views

I would use 4 low first gear with the mode switch...

I would use 4 low first gear with the mode switch in hold.

Lock your auto hubs in manually. If practical stick to the ruts when going down hill. These will help steer in the correct direction and...
  13. Replies
    Views

You mention "Auto Lockers"... do you mean Auto...

You mention "Auto Lockers"... do you mean Auto Hubs or an Auto Locker in the front?

If you have to 'manually' brake ah la engine braking in a manual tranny... gently use the hand brake not the...
  14. Replies
    Views

Torque lock is the best way to go but doubt...

Torque lock is the best way to go but doubt you'll get one fitted in time , downhill especially steep down hill drives are a problem .
    Shorter tracks you can gently push on the brakes while using a...