OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Finished the hydraulic oil cooler assy today,...

Finished the hydraulic oil cooler assy today, wired up the fan with external switch. Some would say it was satisfying, nah, another PIA job to get to the end point. Sorted out the air compressor...
  2. Replies
    Views

OK, took the beast out today for a 2hr squirt....

OK, took the beast out today for a 2hr squirt. A/C decided to give up the ghost, so have to get that checked out, maybe a gas issue. water Meth system drops the EGT's by around 40 - 50 deg it seems...
  3. Replies
    Views

Water Meth tank installed and hooked up...

Water Meth tank installed and hooked up yesterday. All working as it should, hard to tell if any difference idling in the driveway, even with application setpoint on 100% of the time. Will see how...
  4. Thread: All Things Chev

by PeeBee
    Replies
    Views

Sticky: Here is a pic showing the bracket and the pump...

Here is a pic showing the bracket and the pump with the spring set-up, taken when the heads were off recently.84428
    Accelerator cable to the connection with the gold coloured clip, and bracket...
  5. Thread: All Things Chev

by PeeBee
    Replies
    Views

Sticky: Post #57 of my build shows the spring fitted and...

Post #57 of my build shows the spring fitted and the same mount bracket - photo is off MB motor. Brunswick can supply you with the spring and the bracket for sure. I sourced these from them - as...
  6. Replies
    Views

I rang Bullet for you. The thread size is 1/8BSP

I rang Bullet for you. The thread size is 1/8BSP
  7. Replies
    Views

All good Mark, thanks for remembering! The...

All good Mark, thanks for remembering! The channel that runs across the front of the radiator was bent 'inwards and canted the catch over towards the bullbar' - extreme description but you get the...
  8. Replies
    Views

OK, update time. Marks4x4 5th gear. Pre install...

OK, update time.
    Marks4x4 5th gear. Pre install 1925rpm at 100khr, now smack on 1600. Fuel now down to 15 - 17l/100, pretty damn happy, and sink the boot in 5th and off he goes. Whether this is the...
  9. Replies
    Views

One connection on thermostat housing, the other...

One connection on thermostat housing, the other directly off the top of the head next to firewall. I currently have only 1 head connected, however when I can be bothered, i will link both the head...
  10. Replies
    Views

Yes the whine and the burble of the exhaust are...

Yes the whine and the burble of the exhaust are delicious. The torque, smooth - instant yes, savage yes, smooth not a word I would have chosen, but it is 'there' instantly, but in reality its maybe...
  11. Replies
    Views

OK, headed off on the maiden s/c run for 3 days...

OK, headed off on the maiden s/c run for 3 days up the high country. Good news all round, no smoke testing or flames anywhere, nothing failed apart from a temp gauge/sender playing funny buggers....
  12. Replies
    Views

All done, probes mounted, and connected up, so...

All done, probes mounted, and connected up, so fun time and data collection can commence. What a mission this ended up being. Anyone thinking of doing the same journey, have a lobotomy first, then...
  13. Replies
    Views

poindexter, if you are looking to upgrade the...

poindexter, if you are looking to upgrade the 'duty rating' of the 6 rib belt, have a look at the fleetguard belts. They are a lot stiffer, but do make a bit of noise for the first 5 minutes or so...
  14. Replies
    Views

OK, bit of an update and pics. I swapped out the...

OK, bit of an update and pics. I swapped out the temp probes and basically as advised earlier, they were way off. I used a calibrated instrument this time and the numbers are closer to where they...
  15. Replies
    Views

OK, been thinking about this issue of the air...

OK, been thinking about this issue of the air temp readings and doing some research. I believe the probe used in the airstream is incorrectly configured for air, its a probe configured for liquid -...
  16. Replies
    Views

Another good day in the garage. Finished off the...

Another good day in the garage. Finished off the tank, mounted the pump and painted the tank ready for a coat of epoxy bitumen then thermal insulation. Ordered some custom a/c fittings as the...
  17. Replies
    Views

I am running 33r10.5r15 3.9 diff ratio Its been...

I am running 33r10.5r15 3.9 diff ratio Its been so long since it was on the freeway I cant recall the rpm, but am sure its around the 1950 - 2000rpm
  18. Replies
    Views

OK, interchiller in my hot hands, looking to...

OK, interchiller in my hot hands, looking to install this roster break. Plus a new replacement condenser to replace the 23 YO one, and also a power upgrade pulley for the s/c to compensate for the...
  19. Replies
    Views

New manifold went on today, holes didn't line up...

New manifold went on today, holes didn't line up again, just like the first one, however the belt alignment is now perfect, so will run the 6 rib belt just to confirm then swap out to the 8 rib...
  20. Replies
    Views

That is exactly what I did in the GQ mate. Even...

That is exactly what I did in the GQ mate. Even some of my old wiring from years ago scared the shit out of me. It was way way easier to just write it off and start from scratch. I have full...
  21. Replies
    Views

OK, fitted the under bonnet self adhesive felt...

OK, fitted the under bonnet self adhesive felt and its come up a treat. Tough and difficult to cut and trim, but with the right applicator roller, it roles out without a fold or stretch mark. Rated...
  22. Replies
    Views

Bonnet scoop turned out well. going to line the...

Bonnet scoop turned out well. going to line the underside tomorrow, waiting for all the sikaflex to dry. Frames are 25x25x3 angle.7933379334
  23. Replies
    Views

So a mixed day. BD finally agreed to replace the...

So a mixed day. BD finally agreed to replace the PS pump that last 3klm before shitting itself. Once I got it out of the car and apart, found the front bearing was knackered and the pump full of...
  24. Replies
    Views

Test of success will be on dark wet roads. I...

Test of success will be on dark wet roads. I contacted the guy who puts them together and they use very small wattage LED's and he won't quote wattage as he says it just pushes the competition to...
  25. Replies
    Views

OK, its alive. Put on the rubber suits and have a...

OK, its alive. Put on the rubber suits and have a quick taste. Its missing the oil filler nozzle at the front, and the new aircleaner, but it fired up on the 3rd crank. Alignment of the 8 rib...
Page 1 of 2 1 2