OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Another way is to disconnect all the small wires...

Another way is to disconnect all the small wires from the battery (with everything off).

Touch them individually to the battery. Any sparks indicate current draw. Although not scientific, a...
  2. Replies
    Views

This is very good advice and probably how the...

This is very good advice and probably how the Auto Sparkies will track it down
  3. Replies
    Views

go to a battery shop and get them to test it with...

go to a battery shop and get them to test it with their metre's
    to see if batteries are in good condition
    and they usually dont charge for service as they might get a sale out of it
  4. Replies
    Views

What do you have connected Harry? I presume...

What do you have connected Harry?

I presume that you have dual batteries ... first step may be to disconnect the batteries from each other and see which one has the voltage leak....

You can...
  5. Thread: Battery Going Flat

by AB
    Replies
    Views

Definitely a problem mate, slow drain or not...

Definitely a problem mate, slow drain or not holding charge.

I'm hopeless with electrics so hopefully someone else can jump in but I would be looking at what accessories have you added to the main...
  6. Sweet I assumed you had it covered :) The low...

Sweet I assumed you had it covered :)

The low mounts have an internal drum brake which activates when the drum is trying to go the wrong way. So if you had the rope direction wrong it possibly...
  7. Replies
    Views

The ALDI Kits are for sale in their catalog this...

The ALDI Kits are for sale in their catalog this week.

Neil
  8. Replies
    Views

Hi Harry, Have not had any need to use it & in...

Hi Harry,
    Have not had any need to use it & in fact have never used one before.
    So whether what I have is any good or not I can’t really say. Instead I’ll keep my fingers crossed!
    The kit is an...
  9. No mate keep it very simple cut the blue wire...

No mate keep it very simple cut the blue wire that runs to the power battery cable (middle large terminal )and spliced in 3mm twin core pair and ran back to switch in cab .Its only to break the...
  10. Thread: Winch needed

by lucus30
    Replies
    Views

Nah you'll be right. If you are really stuck just...

Nah you'll be right. If you are really stuck just double or triple line pull it
  11. Hi harrythomas, Try this site for updated road...

Hi harrythomas,

Try this site for updated road conditions http://www.cook.qld.gov.au/web/guest/current-road-status You can select Lakefield Rd from the options on the left.

Enjoy the trip
  12. That section of road was the best I have seen on...

That section of road was the best I have seen on my trip.

The section from Laura to Musgrave was the worst.
  13. The Southern entry to the park is not far from...

The Southern entry to the park is not far from the Laura end of Battlecamp Rd. It is well signed, you can't miss it if you are coming across from Cooktown.
  14. The coast road from Daintree through to Cooktown...

The coast road from Daintree through to Cooktown is fine for entry and exits of creeks etc. In October you won't get anywhere near the amount of traffic on the road as in June/July/August/Sept...
  15. These two entries & pics from my blog may be of...

These two entries & pics from my blog may be of interest.

http://www.cuppa500.com/_Big_Trip/Entries/2008/9/30_Entry_12_-_Daintree%2C_Cooktown_%26_Music.html
  16. Not from what I remember. I have a roof rack,...

Not from what I remember. I have a roof rack, and boxes/spare tyre on the roof. Didin't come near needing to worry about hitting anything above. There were of course some vines hanging down here...
  17. So do you think my memory of height clearance...

So do you think my memory of height clearance being a possible issue for harrythomas is correct?

Home Rule is where the annual Wallaby Creek Music festival is held.
  18. Missed that camping spot, Cuppa. I was there late...

Missed that camping spot, Cuppa. I was there late last month (june). Towed a box trailer. It was wet and muddy on some of the hills. The main problem I found was people barrelling up and around the...
  19. It’s hard to see much detail of your rig in your...

It’s hard to see much detail of your rig in your avatar pic, it might help if you posted a larger pic. From what I can make out it does look very tall. I haven’t driven the Bloomfield track, but have...
  20. Thread: Solar Power

by alfonso
    Replies
    Views

there should be one but they near never come in...

there should be one but they near never come in the kit . as close to the battery as possible min 50 amp this prevents any shorting out of cable from battery through to controller positive cable...
  21. Replies
    Views

Mine bolted straight in. Well upside down and...

Mine bolted straight in. Well upside down and flipped but bolted through the bar.

Top 2 bolts through the bar above the fair lead hole and the lower 2 go through the fair lead and holds itin place...
  22. Replies
    Views

Nissan Patrol Magazine - Issue 1

Free download of our first Nissan Patrol magazine (November Issue).

As time prevails these magazines will get bigger and better. Any feedback or ideas are welcome for the next issues!

NOTE:...