OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Intercooler - ARE Cooling

G'day guys,

At the end of 2020 I had an ARE intercooler fitted to my 2010 GU Patrol (the $696 one listed here - https://www.are.com.au/Inter/topMountIntercoolers.htm). At the time I was losing...
  2. Replies
    Views

ZD30 Fuel Economy

It's been a while - hope everybody has survived lockdown OK!!

I did a search but couldn't find any threads on fuel economy even though I seem to recall seeing one a few years back. Anyway, I've...
  3. Replies
    Views

Aluminium handle with a steel head and aluminium,...

Aluminium handle with a steel head and aluminium, nylon, and brass striking faces.
  4. Replies
    Views

A good mate of mine is pretty handy with a lathe....

A good mate of mine is pretty handy with a lathe. I was admiring the soft face hammer he had made himself and was stoked when he said he would make one for me for $80. His had aluminium and plastic...
  5. Replies
    Views

I went with ARE cooling - $696 and it made a...

I went with ARE cooling - $696 and it made a massive difference for me (very happy with it)

http://www.are.com.au/
  6. Replies
    Views

So I got the reverse lights on and finished...

So I got the reverse lights on and finished wiring them up - had to muck around a bit as the cable entry into the back was in the rear RH corner but then I had to run it across to the LH side light...
  7. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Funnily enough I am currently working as a...

Funnily enough I am currently working as a contractor on an Armoured vehicle program. Towing and Recovery Points for armoured vehicles in Australia need to meet a DEF(AUST) standard but that refers...
  8. Replies
    Views

Sticky: I finally got my winch fitted up a few weeks ago...

I finally got my winch fitted up a few weeks ago after it sat in the shed for 3 months or so (although now we are in lockdown and so my only "recovery" so far has been to winch my son in from the...
  9. Replies
    Views

A mate has a lathe and a milling machine. I...

A mate has a lathe and a milling machine. I recently bought 4 x TREDs recovery tracks and so today I went to his place to get help making up a mount for my Rhino heavy duty roof racks. I was just...
  10. Replies
    Views

Replace battery in Hema HN6

My Patrolhad a HN6 GPS by Hema in it when I bought it. Worked okay for 12 months or so but then wouldn’t accept charge and when I looked at it I could see a bulge and assumed the battery was stuffed...
  11. Replies
    Views

Thanks Cuppa - funnily enough I drove past...

Thanks Cuppa - funnily enough I drove past Harrops today on the off chance that they were open on a Saturday (they weren't). If you don't mind sharing, how long did it take to fit and how much did...
  12. Replies
    Views

Locking Diffs - Air or Electric??

I am considering locking diffs for my 2010 ST and I am interested to hear peoples experience with air and electric lockers. From what I have seen on the web the ARB air lockers seem pretty good...
  13. Replies
    Views

A couple of months ago I scored some 6" Kenwood...

A couple of months ago I scored some 6" Kenwood speakers from Supercheap that were marked down from $70 to $30 and then I got another 40% off so they were only $18 per pair. I also bought a $10 set...
  14. Replies
    Views

Went to Repco yesterday and dropped a few hundred...

Went to Repco yesterday and dropped a few hundred on Penrite products (35% off sale). Today I changed the engine oil (and filter) and realised that it was the first time I had done my own oil change...
  15. Thread: Depression

by Big Gags
    Replies
    Views

Sticky: I'm fortunate enough not to be battling the black...

I'm fortunate enough not to be battling the black dog but I have had a few mates who have/are and so I have had some insight into how bad it can be. I think it's great that this community of guys...
  16. Replies
    Views

Just tried out our new setup for the first time...

Just tried out our new setup for the first time this weekend. ARB Roof top tent (used once by previous owner), ARB Annex (never used by previous owner), and ARB Awning (used only a few times by...
  17. So the wife and I drove down to near Winnap in...

So the wife and I drove down to near Winnap in the Patrol, camped for a night, and then did an overnight canoe trip with www.canoehire.com.au. It was pretty cool and we got to get up close with a...
  18. Replies
    Views

Not youtube but check out the video of this beast...

Not youtube but check out the video of this beast - can't believe that it's only running a 3.0 L Turbo Diesel engine!!

http://avtoros.info/en/landings/shaman/
  19. Replies
    Views

First Patrol - love it!!

Scored myself a 2010 GU on the weekend and I absolutely love it already!! It was pretty well kitted out with roof top tent, awning, drawers, and a Waeco Fridge/Freezer all included as well as Old...
  20. Replies
    Views

Officially joined the club!!!

Thanks to all those who answered my many questions during the past couple of months - today I finally joined the club and got myself a Patrol!!

2010 common rail diesel manual, one owner and only...
  21. Thanks Avo but I'm after a wagon. Saw one on...

Thanks Avo but I'm after a wagon. Saw one on Gumtree that I thought was looking pretty good but when I contacted the guy last night he got back to me today and said that it's "not really for sale...
  22. I'm still working on getting a Patrol but I see...

I'm still working on getting a Patrol but I see no shortage of wildlife pretty close to home (I am in Heidelberg in NE Melbourne). I'm not far from the Main Yarra Trail and I regularly go mountain...
  23. Replies
    Views

Bit of an old thread but I was interested to read...

Bit of an old thread but I was interested to read about the inflatable bead locks. I looked at the Staun inflatable bead locks a number of years ago for use on a vehicle being supplied to the...