OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Interesting reading this thread. In NZ towing...

Interesting reading this thread. In NZ towing another vehicle is very legal provided you meet certain requirements.
    Ie, if it is a 'non mechanical linkage' (rope, chain, strap etc) then the towed...
  2. Yep, very big boxes. I had the hopes of picking...

Yep, very big boxes. I had the hopes of picking mine up with a town car thinking two blokes could lift it in and out of the boot. Thank god it got a flatty and I borrowed a mates van for it. 200km...
  3. Replies
    Views

Yeah I just suffered the same thing.... oil seal...

Yeah I just suffered the same thing.... oil seal in turbo blew and oil blew through the intake. Engine very quickly climbed to 3500 and with my foot on the brake I pulled into the nearest drive way...
  4. Replies
    Views

Yeah there is heaps of gas. When you say checked...

Yeah there is heaps of gas. When you say checked the fuse corectly.. i pulled it out, the wire was still intact and i could get current across it. so stuck it back in
  5. Replies
    Views

Two things to check firstly: are your wheel...

Two things to check firstly: are your wheel balanced??? If a front wheel is out it will start the wobbles and usually will go away in turns. But is usually present at particular speeds, and doesn't...
  6. Replies
    Views

I think we all need to take a moment to...

I think we all need to take a moment to appreciated that statement: "simplistic abacus of a gq" - true geniusness spoken there
  7. right that makes sence now, didnt realise the...

right that makes sence now, didnt realise the reduction was on the stock gear.
    Cheers guys.
  8. I've written a calculator for speeds in excel....

I've written a calculator for speeds in excel. The FS5R50A trans bolted to a TX12a with the stock 2.020:1 low range reduction on 31" tires will do 64 km/h @ 3000 rpm.

You're also very right about...
  9. Replies
    Views

What is the trans already in the car? If it is...

What is the trans already in the car? If it is the RE4R03A trans it will marry nicely to the TD42. But you say you also have a safari auto - which is the RE4R03A. Keep in mind that if it has come out...
  10. Replies
    Views

Yeah like Kevin said, I don't know if this has...

Yeah like Kevin said, I don't know if this has been done before and as its a big conversion there'll be a few first time surprises and lessons to learn. BUT!!! That should not be the reason you don't...
  11. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Haha yeah, I was a bit misleading there. I do...

Haha yeah, I was a bit misleading there. I do like it, it just sounds like a vacuum cleaner droning on and on allllllllll day haha. I'm yet to hear one louder than mine. Doesn't start singing though...
  12. Replies
    Views

Sticky: fark thats like an extreme for us in NZ!! The...

fark thats like an extreme for us in NZ!! The highest here the other day might just have scratched 25
  13. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Ohh maate!!! I have to turn on my aircon, stereo...

Ohh maate!!! I have to turn on my aircon, stereo up loud, open road speed and wind down all the windows for the road noise to drown my turbo out!!!! thats the trouble with an AR60 ive found - it...
  14. Replies
    Views

yes there are 9 reindeer - untill they come to my...

yes there are 9 reindeer - untill they come to my house, then there will be 9 dead reindeer and one jolly fat man sleeping with the fishies
  15. Replies
    Views

Sticky: what - the mechanical problems or the vagina...

what - the mechanical problems or the vagina people behind steering wheels? Hahah in all seriousness though it was a close one and this close to xmas.

the police commissioner over here has just...
  16. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Just realised how bad the leak in the vacuum hose...

Just realised how bad the leak in the vacuum hose is - with some bad timing. Some dumb biatch pulls into the main drag and gives me a good chance to test my brakes. So down went the foot, and man it...
  17. Replies
    Views

Yeah it was a kidney condition. Very sad day and...

Yeah it was a kidney condition. Very sad day and will be missed. Rest in peace our friend.
  18. Replies
    Views

I could be wrong, but inside the transfer case I...

I could be wrong, but inside the transfer case I thought the drive shaft drives the sprocket and chain. And the sprocket on the main shaft floats on bearings on the mainshaft (like in a manual...
  19. Replies
    Views

X2 to that. If it were in this so called second...

X2 to that. If it were in this so called second section, rotation (ulitmately causing the noise) would only occur if you a) lock the hubs and/or b) engage 4WD.
  20. Replies
    Views

are there any weird vibrations when the noise is...

are there any weird vibrations when the noise is being noisy? And does it increase with speed (not revs) once you get to ~60ks?
  21. Replies
    Views

................... we shall see ;)

................... we shall see ;)
  22. Replies
    Views

on youtube theres a series about a shop in the...

on youtube theres a series about a shop in the states that does a conversion kit for an 80 series. For memory the kit contains everything youll need to complete the conversion.
  23. Replies
    Views

ive always wanted to do this conversion!!

ive always wanted to do this conversion!!
  24. Replies
    Views

yeah good point, theyre not cheap

yeah good point, theyre not cheap
  25. Replies
    Views

Never mind that question. I forgot theyre part...

Never mind that question. I forgot theyre part time 4WD so the variation between the front and rear diffs will cause binding in the transfer
Page 1 of 2 1 2