OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

Search:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Hey mate, I run a 40lt engel from a 105 AH aux...

Hey mate, I run a 40lt engel from a 105 AH aux battery charged via a red arc SBI12 solenoid, from what I've seen my mates 50lt waeco uses similar power to my engel so in theory at least my set up at...
  2. Replies
    Views

A couple of thoughts about the 4.8 into GQ, I...

A couple of thoughts about the 4.8 into GQ, I noticed that GVM is only 2800kg on the RB30 powered GQ, whereas it is about 3150 or so on the 4.2, (makes sense due to the much heavier engine and...
  3. Replies
    Views

Hey Dom, From my memory (been a long while...

Hey Dom,

From my memory (been a long while since I rebuilt an engine), a low compression reading that increases with oil being injected into the cylinder is an indication of worn piston rings....
  4. Replies
    Views

Hey Mudnut, As you know I have an RB30 too. I...

Hey Mudnut,

As you know I have an RB30 too. I have done quite a few steep hills, including some... interesting... wheel lifts (front and rear) in my rig. The below is just my experience with my...
  5. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Well I dropped past the auto shop yesterday and...

Well I dropped past the auto shop yesterday and picked up a new timing light that actually works, unlike my old one, so have had a bit of a tinker.

First of all, I tried taking off the vacuum...
  6. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Get the engine up to operating temp first I...

Get the engine up to operating temp first I believe?
  7. Replies
    Views

Sticky: A quick bit of info for the thread, I recently...

A quick bit of info for the thread, I recently changed my fan, power steering and air con belts as the old ones were looking worn. Maybe everyone else with an RB30 already knows this, but just in...
  8. Replies
    Views

Looking very good Kallen, that's the same type of...

Looking very good Kallen, that's the same type of camper I've been considering.
  9. Replies
    Views

Sticky: I agree with Dom, it must be really well tuned! ...

I agree with Dom, it must be really well tuned!

Mine is actually running really nicely now, but at last fill it used about 22 litres per hundred...

Mind you, it has a highish rhino roof rack,...
  10. Replies
    Views

Replaced my steering damper, new shiny one in...

Replaced my steering damper, new shiny one in place, so that's sorted 😀 Went for a test drive, and a bit of belt noise, not a squeal, more of a whine that has a pitch increase with revs. Charge rate...
  11. Replies
    Views

Changed my drive belts, greased all the grease...

Changed my drive belts, greased all the grease points, did an underbody / loose bolt check, replaced my fan clutch (only 2 years old :-( grrr), rotated my wheels, and had the joy of finding that not...
  12. Thread: Sat Phones

by Patrol'n
    Replies
    Views

Sticky: Just a suggestion based upon the choice I made...

Just a suggestion based upon the choice I made for remote Comms.

I looked at sat phones both new and second hand, and considered a spot device, as I wanted an epirb device too.

In the end I...
  13. Replies
    Views

I haven't tried the Mickey T's or Coopers, but I...

I haven't tried the Mickey T's or Coopers, but I do have approx 15000 k's on my 32x11.5x15 BFG KO2's and I love them.

My experience has been - No punctures / staking (touch wood)!! and excellent...
  14. Replies
    Views

Hey Dom, I've been running 98 in my GQ rb30...

Hey Dom,

I've been running 98 in my GQ rb30 wagon almost exclusively for the past 2 years or so, pretty much unless I cant get it and have to go for standard. (I try and chuck a bottle of octane...
  15. Replies
    Views

Wow, I have to ask, how much power would you be...

Wow, I have to ask, how much power would you be putting through this box to justify that sort of spend? I'm guessing that isn't changing the gearing?

I've seen them recoed for about $1300 exchange...
  16. Replies
    Views

That's so true, I do find that the engine braking...

That's so true, I do find that the engine braking a tiny bit more effective once my revs hit about 3000rpm, and then there is some engine braking although nothing like a diesel engine. I also find if...
  17. Replies
    Views

Yep, that is disappointing. The RB30 is a good...

Yep, that is disappointing. The RB30 is a good engine and runs so smoothly, with smooth gear changes too.

It might feel a bit strange on the road with a lower first gear, but it would help for off...
  18. Replies
    Views

That's something that would be worth knowing, if...

That's something that would be worth knowing, if they're stronger they might be good behind a turbo conversion
  19. Replies
    Views

I didn't take any of pulling him in, was rushing...

I didn't take any of pulling him in, was rushing a bit as he was panicking as the muddy water started coming in, (I slipped in the mud and my jeans resembled his car interior! I can upload one of the...
  20. Replies
    Views

Today I wound my winch rope back in... With a...

Today I wound my winch rope back in...

With a Toyota attached to it😂😃

Poor bugger, now I gotta help him pull the carpets out...
  21. Replies
    Views

Well touch wood, it just seems to have gone away....

Well touch wood, it just seems to have gone away. I'm wondering if a lump of mud / crud was stuck in there after the holland track.
  22. Replies
    Views

Serviced and installed my new (to me anyway) Warn...

Serviced and installed my new (to me anyway) Warn winch that I was lucky to get at a great price. Also changed the wire to dyneema.😀

Now to see if I need it to pull out my mates Toyota tomorrow!
  23. Replies
    Views

Gday mate, welcome to the forum, just a thought,...

Gday mate, welcome to the forum, just a thought, if you can hear a solenoid, is it the solenoid for your dual battery setup?

I have my red arc solenoid wired via the blue wire on the unit to a...
  24. Hi Mark, PM sent, tickets paid for via PayPal....

Hi Mark,

PM sent, tickets paid for via PayPal.

Cheers,

Leigh.
  25. Replies
    Views

Bloody heck, I always believe in keeping my rig...

Bloody heck, I always believe in keeping my rig in good condition, but seems awful unfair to only test trucks and 'large' 4WD's. If they want to operate that kind of test rig, surely the same rules...
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4