OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Bushies 4wd & Camping

Location: Off the Tintinara to Geranium Rd south east of Adelaide

Facilities: Long Drops and a few designated camping areas with firewood and shelter.

Track: Mostly sand and dunes through scrub...
  2. Replies
    Views

Black Cockatoo Bush Camp & 4WD Test Tracks

Has extensive Bush camping facilities: flushing toilets, hot showers, limited power, yabby dams, bush walks through acres of scrub,...
  3. Replies
    Views

Border Track SA/Vic

Gday guys, I went up there as far as Red Bluff campsite yesterday with a few from my 4wd club to see what needed pruning on the southern section of the track south of the park boundary.

At the Red...
  4. Replies
    Views

They used to be (could be old pics) but they said...

They used to be (could be old pics) but they said they're all like that now so was no point in sending it back for a swap. The weight of the awning and bag did make it sag down but the zip was still...
  5. Replies
    Views

Mostly RX and TI model GQ's have them. A small...

Mostly RX and TI model GQ's have them. A small light on each fender near the front corner that illuminates when you indicate but only if the headlights are on. About a 10W or 21W globe from memory....
  6. Replies
    Views

Not strange at all. Mine has always done it when...

Not strange at all. Mine has always done it when it's wet. Body mounts and all bushes were fine.
    Discovered it was the bottom of the coils on the spring perch making the noise but only over bumps...
  7. Thread: Found one!

by bordertech
    Replies
    Views

It's a pre 91 DX. Redbook gives a 1990 DX TD42 a...

It's a pre 91 DX. Redbook gives a 1990 DX TD42 a price guide of $4,900 - $7,100. Less as a trade in. Looks tidy yes but not worth the asking price.
    How do i know its pre 91 DX? The tail lights are a...
  8. Replies
    Views

Not quite so. If they are connected they must...

Not quite so.
    If they are connected they must in pairs and must both be working but the main reason they are not connected and the lights are in the bumper instead, is because they don't conform to...
  9. Yes, I've tried higher rate coils in the front...

Yes, I've tried higher rate coils in the front and the ride was very harsh, wouldn't flex etc. In my GQ I've got 7yr old T/Dog 225lb/in in the front, no sway bar, and have a winch, steel bar, dual...
  10. Trust me when you are fully loaded up for a big...

Trust me when you are fully loaded up for a big trip you will need those HD coils in the rear. You dont need them in the front though. Once you go over 2" you need castor correction bushes so just...
  11. Replies
    Views

Yep I run RDA slotted on the front and DBA...

Yep I run RDA slotted on the front and DBA kangaroo paw on the rear. RDA & DBA are made in the same factory from the same materials except for DBA gold series and their other top end stuff which is...
  12. They always break whether on deisels or petrols,...

They always break whether on deisels or petrols, from normal engine and transmission vibrations because it's mounted solid to the pipe without any insulation from vibrations.
    I put a flexible strap...
  13. Replies
    Views

You're right, retro fitted HID's in halogen...

You're right, retro fitted HID's in halogen headlights, even (Crystal style inserts with globe shields) is illegal in all states. Upping the low beam halogen above 55W is also illegal. That was told...
  14. Replies
    Views

I've never had a problem with any Narva gear. ...

I've never had a problem with any Narva gear.
    225's spread or spot are pretty good for the price, great with HID's in them. 175's are good in spread beam for what they are. Narva Extremes are very...
  15. Eggzackery. But the main reason for doing it is...

Eggzackery. But the main reason for doing it is to stop longer travel shocks from bottoming out before full shock compression thus preventing damage to them. The added bonus is that it will act like...
  16. Replies
    Views

No point doing it unless you replace the inner...

No point doing it unless you replace the inner axle seal as well otherwise the diff oil will leak straight back out the new swivel hub seals and also wash the grease out of your CV's which will have...
  17. Replies
    Views

Thats why you wont find window socks for front...

Thats why you wont find window socks for front door windows anywhere and your tint guy in Cairns needs to update himself with the new rules. Windows rear of the drivers seat must not be less than 35%...
  18. Replies
    Views

Border Track

For those interested the seasonally closed section of the Border Track reopened at Easter.

The other section south of Red Bluff still has mud in the big ruts and holes and further down south of...
  19. Replies
    Views

Mt Cole State Forest

Went there with my wife over easter and found a few 1st gear low range tracks. Only explored about 1/10th of the place though. Some tracks I wouldn't try in the wet though, they are pretty steep and...
  20. From one business to another I can say that I...

From one business to another I can say that I have never heard one negative thing about their work. Having met Colin around the traps I can also say that he is an honest and nice bloke as well. His...
  21. Replies
    Views

Sometimes a clutch plate can get suction stuck to...

Sometimes a clutch plate can get suction stuck to the flywheel and pressure plate from being totally wet but it sounds like the throwout bearing has rusted and seized solid on the snout. Once water...
  22. Replies
    Views

Tie the legs down regardless of wind or not. You...

Tie the legs down regardless of wind or not. You only need an ever so slight gust to flip it over the roof. trust me.
  23. Replies
    Views

Gday JoeG, all auto cable has always been...

Gday JoeG, all auto cable has always been identified and sold as the total diameter which doesn't really help as some of them have thicker insulation and dont relate to the actual copper conductor...
  24. Replies
    Views

?Gday Rossco, not sure what pod in the back you...

?Gday Rossco, not sure what pod in the back you mean for the battery but 6mm cable should be fine for the Codan from the radio to the rear as it isn't going be that long a run and as Yobbo said the...
  25. Replies
    Views

Whats with the other wire going from the battery...

Whats with the other wire going from the battery + through the 40A breaker to the trailer plug? Charging trailer/van battery?
    Make sure you use 6mm cable from the controller blue wire to the...
Page 1 of 2 1 2