OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

It doesn't need a lot of drain cleaner, just a...

It doesn't need a lot of drain cleaner, just a light sprinkle and then let the bubbles do their thing.
  2. Replies
    Views

I found that running an alternator with an open...

I found that running an alternator with an open circuit in the system quickly destroys the regulator. Double check all your connections and terminals.
  3. Replies
    Views

FWIW, My CRD at 200,000 ks had same failure and...

FWIW, My CRD at 200,000 ks had same failure and Patrolapart recommended to replace both at the same time(switch _ Passenger side / sensor _starter side), reason why not sure, first did passenger...
  4. Replies
    Views

Have pulled old alternator and done diode and...

Have pulled old alternator and done diode and continuity test and same on new alternator. Results will surprise you what was wrong. Post tomorrow with photos of tests.
  5. Replies
    Views

Ahh ok. Good luck. Sent from my iPhone using...

Ahh ok. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. Replies
    Views

Thats not bad at all. I'd leave it. My old Di was...

Thats not bad at all. I'd leave it. My old Di was choking when I did mine. I removed the entire manifold and sprayed brake cleaner in it, came up a treat.
  7. Replies
    Views

That is the problem with trailers and such. They...

That is the problem with trailers and such. They get forgotten until needed. This is the first time I've had trouble with towing as I usually drive for a few ks then stop and check the temps. (For...
  8. Thread: Fuel filtration

by mudski
    Replies
    Views

FS1251 in Fleetguard terms. Super common,...

FS1251 in Fleetguard terms. Super common, particularly on Cummins engines, and these a heap of variant filters which can be also fitted up, if the FS1251 is hard to find.
  9. Thread: Fuel filtration

by Cuppa
    Replies
    Views

I fitted a CAV type HDF296 pre-fuel filter on our...

I fitted a CAV type HDF296 pre-fuel filter on our 4.2 Patrol in 2016. These filter elements are cheap, but a bit messy to change. Their price allows me to carry half a dozen of them which is...
  10. Replies
    Views

"vacsol" is an abbreviation used for the VNT...

"vacsol" is an abbreviation used for the VNT vacuum solenoid used for stock boost control.
  11. Replies
    Views

Clean your earth lead connections up. Also add...

Clean your earth lead connections up. Also add another from the gearbox to the chassis. Patrols are know to have shitty earth connections.
  12. Thread: free wheel hubs

by mihit
    Replies
    Views

Really. Tell us more.

Really. Tell us more.
  13. Replies
    Views

Thanks for your help gents, it’s all working! ...

Thanks for your help gents, it’s all working!

I just sprayed a tiny bit of carby clean lol down the carby and it fired up quietly and runs like a dream!

Must’ve dislodged some gunk etc.

14. Replies
    Views

Also check for a relay in the engine bay. My 2004...

Also check for a relay in the engine bay. My 2004 4.8 has a reverse relay on the passenger side next to the air filter.
  15. The woman posted to say they are now sorted but...

The woman posted to say they are now sorted but hasn't answered my query about what the problem was. Irritates me when folk ask for help, receive it, but don't say what the solution was. Feels like...
  16. Thread: free wheel hubs

by Hodge
    Replies
    Views

Recently discussed here as Avo mentioned . Quick...

Recently discussed here as Avo mentioned .
    Quick easy job and highly recommended.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=55165

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
  17. I haven't read the answers in the thread yet. but...

I haven't read the answers in the thread yet. but if they're nissan factory you can manualise them by taking out the autolock washer.
    the hubs themselves are a lot stronger than most people need i...
  18. HOORAY. ,,,, Stupid me had not taken out the...

HOORAY. ,,,, Stupid me had not taken out the bolt that went through the top of the water pump, through the inner timing case and into the head. Thank goodness I had not used TOO much force at this...
  19. Thread: From the Jungle

by Cuppa
    Replies
    Views

From the Jungle

Hi folks, Still up here in the Iron Range rainforest, a bit out of Lockhart River, Cape York.

I have been offline for a while, our internet connection (satellite NBN) had been pretty iffy, we...
  20. Replies
    Views

Thanks for the offer.... I have looked at that...

Thanks for the offer.... I have looked at that set up before. IMHO I think that there is lots of tubing and more to go wrong. I am drawn to the GFB set up due to its simplicity. I think that I will...
  21. Replies
    Views

VK56 starter motor changeout

Starter motor changeout

wasn't going to bother posting about it as it's fairly straight forward, but the concept of a starter motor in the valley can be daunting so here's what did

Parts...
  22. Replies
    Views

I just use a fuel line clamp on each hose prior...

I just use a fuel line clamp on each hose prior to undoing them. very minimal mess and easy to use.
  23. Replies
    Views

It will be something to do with the tcv on the...

It will be something to do with the tcv on the injector pump. So could be the tps, the sensor on #1 injector or the timing control valve solenoid in the bottom of the injector pump. The rattle will...
  24. Replies
    Views

Make sure you put something under the bag...

Make sure you put something under the bag (between the bag and the basket) otherwise off road vibrations will rub holes in the bottom of the bag. I have a rectangle of felt under mine. IMHO bags...
  25. Replies
    Views

On my Brunny Cab Chassis I had a Reece Hitch...

On my Brunny Cab Chassis I had a Reece Hitch point on the Bull Bar and the Winch was on a Cradle at the back on a 2nd Reece Hitch off the Chassis up under the tray (where it was normally stored) so I...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3