OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

Search:

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Sticky: If the dizzy vacuum advance diaphragm has gone...

If the dizzy vacuum advance diaphragm has gone kaput, it will affect the smooth ignition.
  2. Replies
    Views

Sticky: I take all of the recovery gear out for normal...

I take all of the recovery gear out for normal use as well. It makes a big difference, especially having to turn out onto our road. It gets to be a bit of squeak time with log trucks bowling down the...
  3. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Its hard to say, there is that and as you've...

Its hard to say, there is that and as you've written, running the larger tyres as well, will put a lot of pressure on the drive train. Remember sticking your hand out the window as a kid. There was...
  4. Replies
    Views

So now its onto some 12v.. Battery and basic...

So now its onto some 12v..
    Battery and basic setup done.
    Got a few chargers in, 12v lights now in roof and going to mount pump in...
  5. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Dom's Post #99 and this link should help you. ...

Dom's Post #99 and this link should help you.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?37466-RB30-Patrol-Auto-Choke-function-with-schematics#post680567

Page 4A-7 in the Haynes...
  6. Replies
    Views

Hey mate, Looking at the pictures your auto...

Hey mate,

Looking at the pictures your auto choke seems to be working fine.
    You can turn the auto choke anti clock wise a little bit during winter, but probably not necessary.

But, I can't...
  7. Replies
    Views

When I had my new alternator fitted I had them...

When I had my new alternator fitted I had them fit a new alternator belt, was making a noise but has now stopped completely. Used to happen at start-up but would go away after a while.
  8. Replies
    Views

RB30 Vacuum advance unit diaphragm

Hey Guys,

For those of you who's looking to buy the above unit, it's available on ebay now.
  9. Replies
    Views

Thanx mate. I remember you wrote before about...

Thanx mate.
    I remember you wrote before about the improvement you got from rebuilding the carby.
    I, on the other hand, have been as adamant as ever and been "fiddling" on my own and when the...
  10. Replies
    Views

The noise is a chunky whine in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd....

The noise is a chunky whine in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. I think it is there in 5th, but as the car is noisy it is hard to tell. Fourth is quiet
  11. Replies
    Views

The bloke who has possession of the box is in the...

The bloke who has possession of the box is in the middle of retiring / clearing out his workshop and setting up at home, so it may be a few months. He test drove my Q and said it should be ok for a...
  12. Replies
    Views

It was just a fact finding exercise. There is a...

It was just a fact finding exercise. There is a small chance I maybe able to rebuild the box I have, with the upgraded components.
  13. Replies
    Views

I have got onto 360 Gearboxes in Bayswater, and...

I have got onto 360 Gearboxes in Bayswater, and they informed me that the RD28T and RB30 boxes are the the same, except for the selector inputs.

I asked if there were any upgrades that they do and...
  14. Replies
    Views

Sticky: RB30 Patrol Coolant flow diagram(s) These are...

RB30 Patrol Coolant flow diagram(s)

These are the diagram(s) of RB30 Patrol coolant flow. The second one is taken out of R31 Skyline(RB30 engine) coolant flow diagram and slightly modified to suit...
  15. Replies
    Views

There's two ways I think it could be done. Split...

There's two ways I think it could be done. Split the neck 20mm off to the side of the Pre-heat flap and weld in a strip top and bottom, or add a hose from the plastic pipe to the side of the filter...
  16. Replies
    Views

The best mods I have made are taking the heater...

The best mods I have made are taking the heater grid from under the carby, blocking the stove pipe diaphragm (in the warmer months, for long trips and water crossings) and fitting headers. The engine...
  17. Replies
    Views

The other thing is hill descent. If you aren't on...

The other thing is hill descent. If you aren't on the brakes the engine runs away, which is a bit dangerous.
  18. Replies
    Views

This is the second gearbox to stuff up so I am...

This is the second gearbox to stuff up so I am looking to upgrade if I can. I was told that there is an adaptor plate for the RB30 to the auto that the TB42 uses, but how you would fit a clutch is...
  19. Replies
    Views

Back in spirit... not so much in body...

Hey guys.

Here are a couple of photos of our new ride...

Please be gentle...
    (flame suit on, zipped up and secure...)
  20. Replies
    Views

Appologies to the OP of my .gif seems a bit off....

Appologies to the OP of my .gif seems a bit off. This topic is soooo over done. Soon enough mate you will learn to accept and move on.

This thread has to be my top favorite dummy spits over the...
  21. Replies
    Views

Thrust bearing?? Can't think of anything else...

Thrust bearing?? Can't think of anything else that only operates when the clutch is pressed. Sounds like it will either get better or worse before you can locate what it is, so cancelling your trip...
  22. Replies
    Views

These are the photos after full rebuild of the...

These are the photos after full rebuild of the alternator. It wasn't worth my money or my time.

But, I learnt a valuable lesson about my stupidity of not checking things properly while I am half...
  23. Replies
    Views

This is what i had to go through after buying the...

This is what i had to go through after buying the EF Falcon alternator without knowing too much about the details of the transmission oil damage that some of them come with.

I had to spend two...
  24. Replies
    Views

More photos

More photos
  25. Replies
    Views

Second lot of photos

Second lot of photos
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4