OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

x3 on thrust bearing, just did my clutch and...

x3 on thrust bearing, just did my clutch and gearbox recently.

I had the same problem when my truck was idling, soon as replaced I replaced the clutch problem fixed.

Good luck with it

Mark
  2. Replies
    Views

X2 sounds like thrust bearing

X2 sounds like thrust bearing
  3. Replies
    Views

thrust bearing, replace it and get a new clutch...

thrust bearing, replace it and get a new clutch while you have it open
  4. Replies
    Views

I remember changing an engine in a laser years...

I remember changing an engine in a laser years ago and the old engine had left the exhaust full of oil so i took it down to the industrial area at night one lap was about 3 klm.s and i could barely...
  5. Replies
    Views

Maybe a decent run at hwy speed might burn some...

Maybe a decent run at hwy speed might burn some soot off but as Nissannewby said problem could be elsewhere. originally I thought you were having a choof then decided the exhaust needs cleaning, hey...
  6. Replies
    Views

What sort of smoke mate? Not a great deal you can...

What sort of smoke mate? Not a great deal you can do to clean an exhaust out other than replace it. If your getting smoke your problem will lie elsewhere.
  7. Replies
    Views

i just had the Tappets done on my GUIV TD42Ti and...

i just had the Tappets done on my GUIV TD42Ti and although they only needed slight adjustment it made a big difference to the noise on start up and overall the engine seems happier. I had it Dyno...
  8. Replies
    Views

Hi mate, have a read of this below....The first...

Hi mate, have a read of this below....The first post is for the TB42 but keep reading the rest and it will help you out.
  9. Replies
    Views

You should be able to see if the bushes are...

You should be able to see if the bushes are cracked or split just by looking over them, and you can test your shocks by disconnecting the bottom and seeing how fast they drop (thats the only way i...
  10. Replies
    Views

Unlock when on the road in 2wd and lock when you...

Unlock when on the road in 2wd and lock when you engage 4wd for dirt, rock, mud etc.

Tapp tillya Crap
  11. Replies
    Views

Definitely based on your description of use i'd...

Definitely based on your description of use i'd be going a Micky Thompson ATZ 5 Rib for the perfect tyre for your car.Great on the road, they are a Light Truck Rated tyre i think and will still get...
  12. Replies
    Views

If just doing bitumen driving AT will be good and...

If just doing bitumen driving AT will be good and still go ok off road but at the same time you can get some MT that aren't super aggressive and good for on road as well.
    Really just comes down to...
  13. Replies
    Views

I've got cooper stt's. They are ment to be a mud...

I've got cooper stt's. They are ment to be a mud tyre but are a little less aggressive than similar mud tyres e.g. Mickey Thompson mtz's or bfg mud tyres. But I find they wear better. I do 400ks on...
  14. Replies
    Views

Whatever you choose rotating them every 5-10k is...

Whatever you choose rotating them every 5-10k is crucial for longivety (do mine every 5k including the spare)

Tapp tillya Crap
  15. Replies
    Views

Running MTZ (mud) on my patrol and wife's prado...

Running MTZ (mud) on my patrol and wife's prado great all round tyre. Both cars do get used for offload also
    If most of your driving is on road with occasional mud/rock/sand an a/t such as the...
  16. Replies
    Views

You get high mileage out if the TB42 as well....

You get high mileage out if the TB42 as well. Both TB42 and TD42 have the same tough as nails bottom end. My TB42 has over 420 000 kms on it. The head has been replaced in 2007.

Tap, crackle, pop
  17. Replies
    Views

I have never had either engine just going on what...

I have never had either engine just going on what people say here. petrol or gas you won't get the miliage from it litre to litre compared to a diesel. Diesel is easier to get out bush compared to...
  18. Replies
    Views

So, not split rims. I'd go tubeless.

So, not split rims. I'd go tubeless.
  19. Replies
    Views

being used for what, Toha? I think the main...

being used for what, Toha?

I think the main reason people go for tubes and split rims is easier to reseat the bead when out and about.

Tubeless types would argue to use a rope patch for temp...
  20. Replies
    Views

It would be easier and you may even make some...

It would be easier and you may even make some money out of selling the diesel and buying a petrol. There are lots of petrol/gas patrols for sale but not many diesels.
  21. Replies
    Views

Hi Toha, yes you can do that and I see you found...

Hi Toha, yes you can do that and I see you found the other post about the conversion and things needed, etc.

I have to ask though why are you swapping to to TB42....Normally people are after the...
  22. Replies
    Views

I had this issue in my old petrol hilux it turned...

I had this issue in my old petrol hilux it turned out to be heat soak through to the carby so fitted a new gasket which stopped it, can't remember what it was made of sorry.
  23. Replies
    Views

Td42 runs on after shut down

Old girl tends to run on after shutdown would i be rite in thinkin that its the pump timing?
  24. Thread: TB42 vs TD42

by taslucas
    Replies
    Views

Pretty much all the differences have been listed...

Pretty much all the differences have been listed above. It really comes down to personal choice and the type of driving you do. You should just have a drive of both and feel any differences for...
  25. Replies
    Views

TB42 air conditioning compressor

The compressor on my TB42 is seized, trying to find a replacement, I've checked it at work and the RB30 and TB42 compressors are the same, but a new one is pretty exxy, even at my cost price.
Page 1 of 2 1 2