OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Hodge, Do you remember how you removed the...

Hodge,

Do you remember how you removed the pipe once you un-bolted it? Was it straight up?
  2. Replies
    Views

I always use a voltage drop calculator for all...

I always use a voltage drop calculator for all wiring. Wire/ cable that is rated for 15 Amps won't catch on fire at 15 Amp, however at 15 Amps it will have a considerable voltage drop.
    For example...
  3. Replies
    Views

Patrol Electronic Goodies/ Gadget

Hi all, I'm thinking of making some electronics modules for my mates GQs and seeing if anyone would be interested in them.

First one replaces the GQ clock with a smart display which will have the...
  4. AB, as cuppa pointed out no one really wants a...

AB, as cuppa pointed out no one really wants a custom solution. My unit did have the features like automatic switch over and under/ over voltage shut off, but for less than $10 off eBay for a...
  5. Replies
    Views

The parts where sourced from element14...

The parts where sourced from element14 http://au.element14.com/ You are looking around $10 max for all the parts.
  6. Replies
    Views

Try these two: RS Components:...

Try these two:
    RS Components: http://au.rs-online.com/
    Element14: http://au.element14.com/

Both have overnight shipping. RS is free and element14 is free if your order is over $45
  7. Replies
    Views

Most modern CRD injectors are piezo type i.e....

Most modern CRD injectors are piezo type i.e. they work more like a capacitor rather than a inductor (coil) They operate off a high voltage, usually around 300V. The ones in the ZD30 CRD are of...
  8. Replies
    Views

When I covered up the service holes I stuck some...

When I covered up the service holes I stuck some of the old plastic liner so nothing would stick to the dyna mat.
  9. The hot water service draws 3A max and 2.6A while...

The hot water service draws 3A max and 2.6A while running. So around 20W of power.
  10. Replies
    Views

One of the larger boxes of dyna mat should cover...

One of the larger boxes of dyna mat should cover the front doors inside and out. The problem is that the Patrol front doors are longer than most cars, so you have to use alot more dyna mat to cover...
  11. Replies
    Views

Here's a list of all the gear I used: ...

Here's a list of all the gear I used:

Apline Head Unit: $320
    Nissan DX single DIN pocket: $40
    Custom RCA Leads: $74
    USB Socket: $30
    Nissan Radio adaptor: $12 (Nissan part number:...
  12. Replies
    Views

Ultimate GU Stereo Installation - Lots of pics

I love my music and the patrol's factory stereo system wasn't doing it any justice. So I decided to upgrade it, which ended up replacing everything!!!

Prep & Wiring: I started with wiring an...
  13. Coleman Hot Water Service Conversion, run it when the battery is dead

The Coleman hot water service is an awesome piece of camping equipment, it allows you to have a shower anywhere when you are out camping.

However the only issue (that I have found) with the unit...
  14. Thread: Dual battery, s

by Flex
    Replies
    Views

One thing you need to consider is the loads that...

One thing you need to consider is the loads that will be running off your second battery. If you are running device which pull more than 25A (the 1225 maximum output current) your battery will never...
  15. In the older GUs the diff lock is controller via...

In the older GUs the diff lock is controller via a module. Where does the alarm sound from? The cluster? If so Nissan have may have moved the diff lock module functionality into the cluster which...
  16. Replies
    Views

This is the soldering iron and tools I used to...

This is the soldering iron and tools I used to remove the white base and load the surface mount parts

1210 & 2510 sizes are used for the power handling.
  17. Replies
    Views

Custom Patrol Sunshades

Summers coming I'd like to share a cool product. It's a custom sunshade:

As most GU series 4 + owners know the dash is pron to bubbling. So to stop it happening to my patrol I wanted to...
  18. Replies
    Views

LEDs in the Drivers Window Switch

A while back I was playing with my GU drivers side window switch module trying to make it work without the key and I found that Nissan (or Niles, Nissan's supplier) had design it so you could have...
  19. Replies
    Views

Power in is the white with black trace and black,...

Power in is the white with black trace and black, power to the motor is the blue and green. Connecting these together will make the window go up and down i.e.
    Blue -> white with black trace
    Green...
  20. Replies
    Views

All the wiring for the electric windows goes...

All the wiring for the electric windows goes through the drivers door, thats why when you un-plug the drivers door switch all windows stop working.
  21. Replies
    Views

Thanks Dave and John for a great tour of the ins...

Thanks Dave and John for a great tour of the ins and outs of ARB last night. Great to see an Australian company doing so well for itself, given the current state of the auto industry. Big thumbs up...
  22. Replies
    Views

David, Is there any spots free? If so put me...

David, Is there any spots free? If so put me down. Love to see the ins and outs of ARB
  23. Replies
    Views

I've modified your drawing, basically I've added...

I've modified your drawing, basically I've added a diode between the reverse switch and the relay, this will stop the reverse lights coming on with the manual switch:

You can buy them...
  24. Replies
    Views

It will, however when you turn your work light...

It will, however when you turn your work light switch "manual switch" on your reverse lights will come on
  25. Replies
    Views

Hodge loved how you cable tied the spare fuse. ...

Hodge loved how you cable tied the spare fuse. Great idea!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2