OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Thanks for all your comments, all comments and...

Thanks for all your comments, all comments and advice are welcome.

Spent the last couple of evenings removing the rubber wheel arch extenders and all the checker plating to see what lies beneath,...
  2. Replies
    Views

I've found the same with my gauge, sometimes it...

I've found the same with my gauge, sometimes it even jumps up to full again when it's nearly empty. I think it depends on whether the problem is the gauge or the fuel level sender in the tank.
  3. Replies
    Views

excellent photos. Just shows how big the trees...

excellent photos. Just shows how big the trees are compared to a 4x4, makes them look like ants!
  4. Replies
    Views

Poll: if you need a hand with a recon. trip, track...

if you need a hand with a recon. trip, track notes, GPS locations etc, let me know.
  5. Replies
    Views

I don't think it would be possible, particularly...

I don't think it would be possible, particularly with the factory wheel arch flares and mud guards. With my 2" lift (possibly more like 1.5") my 33" muddies rubbed on the flares and guards. Might...
  6. Replies
    Views

wow, looks like a fantastic holiday in a great...

wow, looks like a fantastic holiday in a great location! Very comfy set up you had there.
  7. Replies
    Views

first offroading in the Lerderderg forest

hi,

headed over to Bacchus Marsh this morning to pick up a roof rack from ebay. Decided whilst I was over that way to pop into Lerderderg forest. A bit nervous about going by myself, but there's...
  8. hi, the auto does wait for a certain temperature...

hi, the auto does wait for a certain temperature to be reached before going into lockup, but on my TB42e it will go into overdrive (4th gear) from cold, but doesn't lock up the converter until warm....
  9. Replies
    Views

(I used to work for an automotive manufacturer in...

(I used to work for an automotive manufacturer in the electrical dept) all engines and most auto gearboxes will need to be earthed in order to work. The manufacturer wouldn't miss of earth straps if...
  10. as above, I'd also say just don't let the engine...

as above, I'd also say just don't let the engine struggle at too low revs. Otherwise, low revs are good for engine wear and fuel economy. It's tricky with an auto as there's so much slop, like they...
  11. Replies
    Views

did the mod on my GQ. A 3K resistor was a bit too...

did the mod on my GQ. A 3K resistor was a bit too much, gear change from 1-2 was too harsh so settled with a 1.2k resistor. 1-2 ans 3-4 noticeably faster, 2-3 quicker too, but still a bit sluggish. A...
  12. Assuming a good efficiency of about 90%, it will...

Assuming a good efficiency of about 90%, it will take about 90amps at 1000W and 180amps at 2000W peak. From this website http://www.powerstream.com/Wire_Size.htm it appears that AWG 2 would be the...
  13. Replies
    Views

just fitted the 2" HD Ironman springs and they...

just fitted the 2" HD Ironman springs and they seem fine. Much thicker steel than the originals but not much longer. Ride is perhaps a bit firmer over big bumps, but haven't got the shocks yet, so...
  14. Thread: TB42 vs TD42

by boggy2006
    Replies
    Views

pretty much the ultimate for torque!

pretty much the ultimate for torque!