OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Hi guys, I've also done quite a bit with gel...

Hi guys,
    I've also done quite a bit with gel batts. I disagree with Evil Twin regarding charge voltage.
    The slightly different chemistry of the gel battery shold not be charged to the same max...
  2. Thread: Seasons greetings

by YNOT
    Replies
    Views

Seasons greetings

G'day all,

I haven't had time to get on the forum for a while as you may have noticed, I've been busier than a cat trying to cover up a turd on a concrete floor the last few months and things look...
  3. Replies
    Views

G'day stumpjumper, good to see someone finally...

G'day stumpjumper, good to see someone finally asks the question before heading out and getting lost. Some good information in your thread from everyone, so I'll add my 2 cents as well. I'm...
  4. Replies
    Views

I am one who snaps a branch or twig, or sticks a...

I am one who snaps a branch or twig, or sticks a piece of dunny paper in the ground when I think things could change and there is a chance of becoming lost.
    Lay a few sticks out as an arrow, tie...
  5. Replies
    Views

All good and interesting info here. My small...

All good and interesting info here.

My small contribution is to suggest that the minute you suspect you might not know where you are, is to stop, sit down, take a breath, and think things through,...
  6. Replies
    Views

I’m not an expert in bush survival or bush...

I’m not an expert in bush survival or bush survival techniques. The info I have supplied is from my life’s skills, knowledge and experience.

This information is provided in good faith, and is...
  7. Replies
    Views

Hi cobber, Ain't that the truth... :clapping:...

Hi cobber,

Ain't that the truth... :clapping:

Soooo... Stumpies challenge to us is finding your way back to the vehicle and in 95% of WA's bush that is a real hassle if you get geographicall...
  8. Replies
    Views

IMHO.. The only way not to get yourself lost in...

IMHO.. The only way not to get yourself lost in the bush is good pre trip preparation.

Detailed paper maps of the area (batteries dont go flat in these babies..!!) Study not only how you are going...
  9. Replies
    Views

Bloody Nora!!! Hmmm ... Fix the truck versus have...

Bloody Nora!!! Hmmm ... Fix the truck versus have a drink ... well, I'm afraid the weekend is upon us, so I'm going 'have a drink'!! If it was Monday and I was making the decision, I'd go with 'fix...
  10. Replies
    Views

Sounds like a faulty coolant temperature sensor,...

Sounds like a faulty coolant temperature sensor, check this thread;...
  11. Replies
    Views

Heavy duty springs definately a better option...

Heavy duty springs definately a better option than spring spacers. With the extra weight of the winch and battery your front coil springs are compressed, over bigger bumps the springs can compress...
  12. Replies
    Views

Mate have you thought about one of these...

Mate have you thought about one of these
    http://www.tigerz11.com.au/detachable_winch_hitch.html
    Only used it once, it is heavy and you have to man-handle in awkward places, don't need it on the...
  13. Replies
    Views

I run the same as Scottie, I would not buy one of...

I run the same as Scottie, I would not buy one of those, nothing wrong with them just personal choice.....yes they are small and a bit crowded.

When money permits I will be running my software...
  14. Also have a real good look at the clutch. If you...

Also have a real good look at the clutch. If you slipped it even for a short time it may have put hot spots on the flywheel which can cause a shudder ,especially in reverse as it torque`s the drive...
  15. Replies
    Views

To get the best performance and life from a gel...

To get the best performance and life from a gel battery you need to use chargers that have gel compatible algorithm. Next best is a multistage smart charger like a CTEK or Redarc. Don't use one of...
  16. Replies
    Views

Exhaust Back Pressure and Flow Velocity

Great article and a Great read.

Authour: SaciconsOriginal thread: Hondacivicforum

Backpressure: The Myth and Why It's Wrong

I. Introduction

one of the most misunderstood concepts in...
  17. Replies
    Views

Sticky: There is a lot of information to put in here so...

There is a lot of information to put in here so this post/thread will keep growing over time, I'll add photos as I can.

This is by no means a complete or definitive guide, my aim is to give people...
  18. Thread: How to 4WD in Sand

by AB
    Replies
    Views

How to 4WD in Sand

Steve talks to 4WD Driving Instructor Peter Pilgrim about the best way to tackle sand dunes, beaches and other sand driving challenges.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie"...