OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

G'day Wickie, as all above BUT to emphasize,...

G'day Wickie,
    as all above BUT to emphasize, fuze as close as you can to the battery.
    From one who had an 'expert' do what you're doing and later had to put the fire out. Baby, was that close!...
  2. Replies
    Views

I like to leave the start battery for just that,...

I like to leave the start battery for just that, starting. Last thing you want is a flat battery

As Bill suggests buy a terminal block run the right size wire to it via your AUX battery then you...
  3. Replies
    Views

I prefer it wired directly as it's a pain when...

I prefer it wired directly as it's a pain when you are using it and turning the car off and on all the time. I bought a new positve battery terminal with a number of connectors on it to connect...
  4. Replies
    Views

I ran some figure 8 from my AUX battery with a...

I ran some figure 8 from my AUX battery with a fuse near the battery to the UHF unit under the dash
    so it is live all the time, even if I forget and leave it on the Patrol will start.
    This also...
  5. Replies
    Views

You can jack it up a little to make it a little...

You can jack it up a little to make it a little easier to get underneath at the rear, otherwise you can do it from the ground
  6. Replies
    Views

Yep spot on mate very easy job

Yep spot on mate very easy job
  7. Replies
    Views

If it were me doing it I would run a wire from...

If it were me doing it I would run a wire from the battery with a ring terminal (I always use the crimp ones). Make sure that there is a fuse as close to the battery as practical. That way if...
  8. Replies
    Views

Ring terminals and attach to existing battery...

Ring terminals and attach to existing battery terminal.
  9. This is why this forum is worth way more than the...

This is why this forum is worth way more than the manuals..Kudos to you guys for the info and the indepth knowledge we all share..
    cheers
  10. Broken engine mount will be in the rubber that...

Broken engine mount will be in the rubber that joins the mounting plates together, and can be hard to pick from just looking at them.
    They are a common wear item, especially on the 4.2...
  11. If the shocks are original, be prepared for some...

If the shocks are original, be prepared for some strong arm nut removal.....
  12. The left hand engine mount does look broken not...

The left hand engine mount does look broken not to hard to replace you should be able to get new boots for the tie rod ends panhard bushes are the easiest to replace of the lot and the rest of the...
  13. I'd take it to a few places and compare results....

I'd take it to a few places and compare results. Just looking at bushes won't provide an answer, they mostly look ok until tested. As BA says, get some pry bars in and check for movement. I wouldn't...
  14. What Daz said..... I cannot see for the life of...

What Daz said..... I cannot see for the life of me to supply and fit a radiator for $800 let alone $1600..... a set of pry bars for $25 from supercheap and go around your car putting tension and all...
  15. Find another mechanic if you have any doubt about...

Find another mechanic if you have any doubt about his honesty.

Take your car to any place for a safety check not mentionaing your trip. Just ask them to check all your bushes and give you a list...
  16. If your worried about bottoming out your shocks,...

If your worried about bottoming out your shocks, which I don't think they should, why not get some spring spacers. They are cheap, and will be fine until you can get some coin for lifted springs.
  17. Not at all

Not at all
  18. I think he's taking about getting 2" shocks but...

I think he's taking about getting 2" shocks but running the stock coils till he has the coin to replace them and get new body mounts

I don't see it being an issue but if you can flex it up and...
  19. When I fitted my 2 inch lift, the shockies I...

When I fitted my 2 inch lift, the shockies I removed, were the exact same part number as what I was putting in with the lifted springs, never had a problem and I did heaps of off-road like this.
  20. Replies
    Views

For what you want there is no advantage going...

For what you want there is no advantage going bigger & doing so will only increase your fuel consumption.
  21. Replies
    Views

Did a similar trip a few years back now on 31"...

Did a similar trip a few years back now on 31" BFG ats had no problems at all.
    Now I would do the same trip using a 285 x 16" tyre.