OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Sorry but did not get it J.

Sorry but did not get it
    J.
  2. Sorry to hear that - no mine is not smoking - it...

Sorry to hear that - no mine is not smoking - it was before I did the head (Steaming) - since the valves and head are nw (les than 200 km ) I think it must be the rings.
    Best of luck with yuor job....
  3. Thanks - new valves in the new head should all be...

Thanks - new valves in the new head should all be OK , so look at bottom of engine now.
    Cheers:
    j.
  4. Thanks Pete - I agree , I look at jobs now as if...

Thanks Pete - I agree , I look at jobs now as if I am an ant: moving one grain of sand at the time and still create a castle ;-)
  5. New piston rings a job that can be done in the car ???

Hi Folks after a multitude of small and big jobs on the most beautiful GQ Safari 'The Yellow Submarine' - I am now considering to 'do' the piston rings.

WHY?
    The compression is not as good...
  6. Certainly important - I used an old head bolt ,...

Certainly important - I used an old head bolt , grinded flat a bit on one side.
    \
  7. Replies
    Views

Patrol a Part provided stellar service: "Return...

Patrol a Part provided stellar service:
    "Return at our expenses and a full refund incl. all shipping."
    Even though they could not supply a replacement : 'out of stock'.
  8. Replies
    Views

The rebuild was not as hard as I had imagined. It...

The rebuild was not as hard as I had imagined. It is just a steady as you go check and recheck every step - don't hurry and be meticulous with keeping the work area around the head clean. ...
  9. Replies
    Views

No have not had it professionally tested, this...

No have not had it professionally tested, this was quite conclusive after all.
  10. Replies
    Views

Best workshop investment ever ?

I've been struggling with my TB42 S engine way to long now. But in the process learned a few things I shared and here is an other experience:

I had rebuilt the head meticulously, but realised I...
  11. Replies
    Views

Had the same thought - so tested with the old...

Had the same thought - so tested with the old gasket - no indents at all. Just go slow and soft when 'landing' the head on the dowels.
  12. TB42 Head Bolt Torque and Sequence Cheat Sheet

In my search for the correct Torque and fastening Sequence of the head bolts I ended up in a 'jungle' of snippets of info all over the web.
    So I created this all-in-one cheat sheet.
    The data...
  13. Replies
    Views

Single handed cylinder head placement

If your not the youngest anymore (like me) , live very remote with neighbours and friends far far away and have to lift the cylinder head back on the engine on your own ... you're in for trouble.......
  14. Replies
    Views

DIY valve spring compression tool.

A while ago I posted a question about replacing a head gasket. many thanks to all who helped with advice.
    The head is off , and the valves looked they could do with a clean , one was not even...
  15. Swivel hub rebuild kit - crazy price variations on eBay - how to choose

Hi all !

I had to replace a front brake disc - so just as well do at least some seals and gaskets I thought. I bought the main oil seal (biggest one in the hub) and the axle seal (the one deepest...
  16. Dual Fuel Electronic Ignition - timing retard

From my old dual fuel Range Rover I had salvaged a modern A&R Dual Fuel Electronic Ignition.
    But my 'new' 1989 GQ was already fitted with a Piranha Ignition System. ....
    Would it be possible to...
  17. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Can't thank you enough for this post - just...

Can't thank you enough for this post - just fabulous !!
  18. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Thanks heaps for this mate, although not very...

Thanks heaps for this mate, although not very different from doing my passed away Land Rover one all the little tricks you taught us and handy tool advice will help me big time soon !!
    I PDF'ed it...
  19. Nice camp sites on 400 acre property adjoining Warrumbungle N.P. NSW.

Nice camp sites on our 400 acre property adjoining Warrumbungle N.P. NSW.

We live on a great 400 acre property adjoining Warrumbungle N.P. - Central NSW

If you like to camp super basic - no...
  20. Replies
    Views

good on you , I think car manufacturers never...

good on you , I think car manufacturers never caught up with Earthing properly after the first spark plug was installed over a century ago ;-)
  21. Replies
    Views

Improve Electrical Conductivity

I would like to share an improvement I did with my Range Rover P38 ( 1996 model ) and soon will do with my 'new' Patrol 1989 model.
    I noticed in the RR that the EARTH wiring made a weird circuit :...
  22. Ok here's the story, after having been a Land...

Ok here's the story, after having been a Land Rover fan for some 25 years , owned LR series II , LR County 110 V8 3.5 / 4.6 LPG (the best) , LR Range Rover 3.5 '82 LPG ugly but very good , LR...
  23. And here she is: My 'new' Patrol Safari

Bought last week , my near new GQ Safari 4.2 Petrol , here photographed near the Parkes Radio Telescope. SUPER Professional paint job by Neal Woodcock of Hallal (Melbourne) in 'Renault Sport Liquid...
  24. That makes sense !!! So use to that Computer...

That makes sense !!! So use to that Computer Controlled Rangie - I totally forgot about timing advance etc. - have to learn it all over again ;-)