OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Why do you need to carry fuel to the Cape STD...

Why do you need to carry fuel to the Cape
    STD you have a range of about 900 Ks which IMO
    is more than enough for the Cape . Its not that far between stops these days.
    Thats a lot of weight up...
  2. Thread: Storing diesel

by happygu
    Replies
    Views

I have a 20 Litre one, and mine were upright on...

I have a 20 Litre one, and mine were upright on their side, with the filler at the top.

My colleague had smaller 10 litre ones, and they were fully upright in the timber box.

Mic
  3. Replies
    Views

Hey Jock I'm going to assume the containers are...

Hey Jock
    I'm going to assume the containers are fuel spec. Diesel fuel has a flash point above 60.5oC so should be ok, it requires an ignition source to ignite (normally), so remember to limit...
  4. Replies
    Views

Hi Jock, At the risk of asking a stupid...

Hi Jock,

At the risk of asking a stupid question, why not just leave the relay outside of the factory relay box? I know it will be neater etc, but an after market relay hanging off one of the...
  5. Replies
    Views

took it for a drive up the mountains the power...

took it for a drive up the mountains the power just comes on its always there now cost$1235 delivered thats aluminised but just remember when you order it,it will be delivered in 24 hours they are...
  6. Replies
    Views

a wise choice indeed my friend and as you say the...

a wise choice indeed my friend and as you say the only hard bit for me was getting the heat shield off but after that was a piece of piss, and to answer your question on how much Jock, mine was about...
  7. Replies
    Views

beudesert 2.75 exhaust

well finally had the time to fit the exhaust today, bit of pain everything came off nice except for the dump pipe that got a bit hard 1 stud broke but still had enough thread on it to get a nut on....
  8. Replies
    Views

Usefull information

http://youtu.be/n6wt6d_xvrA

FOR THOSE THAT MIGHT HAVE MISSED THIS LITTLE SNIPPED
  9. Replies
    Views

It is actually worst for an engine to be warmed...

It is actually worst for an engine to be warmed by idleing it. From start up just get going at a normal driving pace and the engine will last for years. It actually states it the manual to NOT warm...
  10. Replies
    Views

We have the 59L and love it works well. We did a...

We have the 59L and love it works well. We did a two week trip and had all our meat and never had an issue, come home with a 1.5 kg roast and was still frozen solid.

One of our best investments
  11. Replies
    Views

Not a stupid question at all. As I mentioned in...

Not a stupid question at all. As I mentioned in the thread earlier there are always alternative views and at the risk of getting off topic even more...

It is easy to forget that the battery is...
  12. Replies
    Views

rubbish imported from china.

I made a big mistake when i went the cheap road on fitting out the GU. Im retired.
    I got a roof top tent that leaks and is un sewn on the corners. I had to hand sew it. Water stains inside it.
    I...
  13. Replies
    Views

Being a diesel fitter I am yet to be sold on...

Being a diesel fitter I am yet to be sold on adding gas to a diesel fuel system. The gains can be good yes, but like a gas pwered petrol car it has its downfalls. To get the best out of it head work...
  14. Replies
    Views

Hiya Jeff, I don't have the big Engel but...

Hiya Jeff,

I don't have the big Engel but usually travel with 2 Engel 40's if we are away for more than a few days.

Don't run the fridge off an Inverter, the extra power losses aren't worth it...
  15. Thread: 2011 3.0l crd

by Squalo
    Replies
    Views

You can safely fit a Dawes to a CRD to take boost...

You can safely fit a Dawes to a CRD to take boost control away from the ECU. The 2007 CRD ECU (first of the CRDs) can occasionally struggle to control boost if you add an exhaust, lots of them...
  16. Replies
    Views

Hey Jock if you like the low profile design have...

Hey Jock if you like the low profile design have a look at these, i am planning on picking one up in the next couple of months.
  17. Replies
    Views

Id spend a little extra and get a Pure Sine Wave...

Id spend a little extra and get a Pure Sine Wave Inverter for peace of mind, it will cost a little more, but you don't have to worry about stuff not working or damaging anything, first Inverter i...
  18. Replies
    Views

12V Inverter - what size?

I'm thinking an inverter would be really handy, I would like to use it to charge things like handhelds, iPod dock (rechargeable), recharge batteries for ryobi stuff (rattle gun, drill, camp light). ...
  19. Replies
    Views

all sorted, get a new alternator, apparently...

all sorted, get a new alternator, apparently there was an earthing problem which caused a spike which in turn burnt out the alternator.
  20. Replies
    Views

Ghee?? I reckon i have had it for 6 or 7 years...

Ghee?? I reckon i have had it for 6 or 7 years for sure? Its a winner mate, mine is just the jump pack without the compressor but i have the compressor sorted so the jump pack is what i wanted.
  21. Replies
    Views

Jump Starter Packs

Just wondering peoples thoughts on those jumpstarter packs.

-how many starts can you get out of them?
    -how long do they last from a full charge up (if unused)
    -Ive heard they can stuff up if...
  22. Replies
    Views

Racetech Guages on homemade console with Garmin 620 gps

Na but I just fitted a set of matching Racetech EGT & Boost guages off good ol' Ebay, I'll attach a couple of pics if I can

3rd pic is with power off
    2nd is with power on & normal running
    1st is...
  23. Replies
    Views

I appreciate the positive feedback everyone but I...

I appreciate the positive feedback everyone but I am closing this thread as I don't want to go down this path.

Let's just hope that they sort the problem out as I'm sure there are some good minded...
  24. Replies
    Views

Hi Guys, This thread has been going for some...

Hi Guys,
    This thread has been going for some time now. So thought I'd put a little input of my own. As one of the previous posters quoted, if the deep cycle is being used to start, they certainly...
  25. Replies
    Views

icant see a real problem with it but try it out...

icant see a real problem with it but try it out and see how the temps go,ten minutes up the road on a warm day
    will give you an indercation
Page 1 of 2 1 2