Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Lack of meat in their diets too no doubt

Lack of meat in their diets too no doubt
  2. Replies
    Views

Yeah 99 to 01 I think Nissan had a brain wave and...

Yeah 99 to 01 I think Nissan had a brain wave and your one of the lucky ones mate!

Does anyone know why they did that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Replies
    Views

Yeah my silver top has two the same makes it...

Yeah my silver top has two the same makes it easy, maybe it's a black top thing. Bores look pretty schmick should be good once done. .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  4. Replies
    Views

It's a Nissan thing [emoji3] There's a thread on...

It's a Nissan thing [emoji3]
    There's a thread on here somewhere that discusses the subject a bit.... Some td42s had different sized filters and some were the same size. Can't remember what years...
  5. Replies
    Views

Wow pretty good result kudos to them for taking...

Wow pretty good result kudos to them for taking such ownership. Mine had cracked precomps which is fairly common, so for a few bucks will have a fresh top end, turbo and probably best of all peace...
  6. Replies
    Views

I guess they have nochoice but to come to the...

I guess they have nochoice but to come to the party really..... Seeing as they had supposedly done a service on it prior to sale. I'm sure they would have noticed the sand if they had done one..........
  7. Replies
    Views

That is a bloody good outcome and it's good to...

That is a bloody good outcome and it's good to see them stepping up and taking responsibility for it.
    Make sure you let them know how happy you are with their response.

Sent from my SM-G935F...
  8. Replies
    Views

Cool that's a good result interesting to see how...

Cool that's a good result interesting to see how it all pans out. . . Good luck with it all. .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  9. Replies
    Views

This is a really interesting thread for me....

This is a really interesting thread for me.
    After i bought my 2004 ZD30 i set about doing the full service inc. all the filters.
    I'm glad i did. the air filter was fluffed right up, the inside of...
  10. Replies
    Views

Yeah have to agree with MB she'll be right I...

Yeah have to agree with MB she'll be right I reckon. My old turbo looked worse than that, have pulled the motor down somewhat at the moment for other reasons and is in pretty good condition- can...
  11. Replies
    Views

Don’t stress too hard mate, they are a very tough...

Don’t stress too hard mate, they are a very tough donk! Work with the TD42 gurus info here and give it some TLC, she’ll be right mate!!

12. Replies
    Views

Turbine looks like it's coped a bit of something...

Turbine looks like it's coped a bit of something but doesn't look shocking tho, my old safari is worse than that. What is the black from on the housing looks a bit wierd? Assuming it's the standard...
  13. Replies
    Views

Ouch, not too pretty TA mate! Ask around nicely...

Ouch, not too pretty TA mate!
    Ask around nicely and I’m sure that at least one of the upgraded blokes here could send you a free stocky from their shelves ;-)

14. Replies
    Views

Sandy Cape WA

A few nice pics I got from last week at Sandy Cape, just north of Jurien Bay WA

15. Replies
    Views

Have a really good look at all of the rubber...

Have a really good look at all of the rubber bushes on the suspension, especially the panhard rod bushes. When you change out the brake fluid, remember to do the Load Sensing Valve (some call it the...
  16. Replies
    Views

Have used ‘empty clean old’ automatic...

Have used ‘empty clean old’ automatic transmission 1L fluid bottles to fill with manual gearbox/transfer/diff oils in the past. Much more fun as you can pretend it’s a squeezy fun bag stress toy :-) ...
  17. Replies
    Views

Or just fill a bucket or small esky full of hot...

Or just fill a bucket or small esky full of hot water and leave the unopened oil bottle in the hot water to heat up and thin out. Then have a celebratory wank... win win
  18. Replies
    Views

Trannny fluid replacement at home is a nightmare!...

Trannny fluid replacement at home is a nightmare!

Get a manual pump, use your good arm and don't have a wank that day as you'll need all the strength and endurance!

Sent from my iPhone using...
  19. Replies
    Views

Agree with the blokes above mate. Such a great...

Agree with the blokes above mate. Such a great truck you’ve bought there with an iconic, becoming rare motor to boot at only 260k clicks if true. Should be a lifetime truck for you, give it the best...
  20. Replies
    Views

Major service in a Patrol is every 40K, so the...

Major service in a Patrol is every 40K, so the next major is due in 20,000klms

Hard to know with a 4.2 as the oil goes black the moment you turn the key after an oil change, but for peace of mind...
  21. Replies
    Views

I would personally do everything so you can start...

I would personally do everything so you can start fresh with it.

Engine, gearbox, transfer, coolant, etc.

You could take off the pipe to the turbo and inspect the turbo fins to see if the fins...
  22. Replies
    Views

That's what my airbox was like when I did the...

That's what my airbox was like when I did the conversion. Wasn't a huge amount but there was a bit too make me think holy c. . p oh bugger ! ! The motor came out of a car that rolled so assumed...
  23. Replies
    Views

Does it have a snorkel? They usually prevent...

Does it have a snorkel? They usually prevent that sort of thing happening.
  24. Replies
    Views

If it doesn't blow blue smoke, or there are no...

If it doesn't blow blue smoke, or there are no oil leaks due to excessive blow-by you may have dodged a bullet. A compression check will tell you if the engine has been dusted.

If the readings...
  25. Replies
    Views

Hopefully the filter did its job , if the motor...

Hopefully the filter did its job , if the motor runs ok I'm thinking all good .
Page 1 of 2 1 2