OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Flushed the system, radiator was checked and...

Flushed the system, radiator was checked and really full of crud. Best solution was to replace it, which I did. Water pump "seemed" ok, but replaced as it was cheaper with the radiator out.
    Because...
  2. Replies
    Views

Seems like I have two major issues 1) the water...

Seems like I have two major issues 1) the water pump/viscose fan is suspect and 2) The radiator is 18 years old, so likely degraded inside.
    Replacing the radiator seems better value than cleaning,...
  3. Replies
    Views

Same problem I think. It seems easier to bend the...

Same problem I think. It seems easier to bend the AC pipe when removing and refitting the engine. There is a mount bracket on the pipe, and a threaded hole in the side of the engine. Sure it should...
  4. Replies
    Views

Retiring from long distance travel

I have a bit of gear for our longer trips and no longer needed. Includes 58 litre water tank and diesel tank, rear window protector, recovery tracks, winch extension, high lift jack etc,
    Tanks were...
  5. Replies
    Views

Make it GOOO

Just bolt on a Denco (or similar) turbo and it will go well and long. Did that with my old Maverick and it went fairly rapidly
  6. Replies
    Views

The rebuild is similar $$'s to re-co motor. They...

The rebuild is similar $$'s to re-co motor. They also fit a new head. I know the rebuilder and they are local. Time is not critical--except I am reduced to borrowing my wife's Territory :biggrin:...
  7. Replies
    Views

The head carries a camshaft that runs off the...

The head carries a camshaft that runs off the timing chain at the top part of the front. That covers the drive to the camshaft, so needs to come off.

I suspect I can get the front cover off, and...
  8. Replies
    Views

Hi Mudski: you are probably correct but I have...

Hi Mudski: you are probably correct but I have had too many birthdays to be rebuilding at this stage. Should have done it when I had the engine out to do the water leak.
  9. Replies
    Views

My Outback drawers came with a restraint point...

My Outback drawers came with a restraint point bolted to a capture nut on the top/front of the left drawers. I took it out (no small kids ride here) and have no idea where I put it. Maybe take a look...
  10. Replies
    Views

It is all too easy to turn the connection bolt...

It is all too easy to turn the connection bolt when removing/fitting the cable and that can/will cause issues inside the alternator.
    However it sounds like the issue is in the external connection...
  11. Replies
    Views

My 2006 3.0DDi clutch failed at less than 100k....

My 2006 3.0DDi clutch failed at less than 100k. Replacement was a nightmare. I got the Excedy unit and flywheel, basically for robustness. I found the solid flywheel DOES add to vibration, but not...
  12. I have a 2006 DDi and the overhead console fits...

I have a 2006 DDi and the overhead console fits perfectly, and works great. Has a drop down drawer for PLB, Tyre gauge and sunnies. Radio fits well--I bolted the radio supplied mounting bracket...
  13. Replies
    Views

Excess parts etc

I have the original radio/cd player from my 2006 GUIII. Works perfectly. Also the original top console/interior light. I don't need these as I replaced them with aftermarket units. If anyone wants...
  14. Replies
    Views

Open the lid and it lifts straight out. Use the...

Open the lid and it lifts straight out. Use the lid as a lift handle.
  15. Replies
    Views

Tried to look up lights in my manual, but no idea...

Tried to look up lights in my manual, but no idea what engine you are running.
  16. Replies
    Views

Hey TD, there is a lot of talk about electric...

Hey TD, there is a lot of talk about electric fans. The main cooling fan is (was?) the viscose mechanical fan on the water pump. Unless you have changed something, that is how the 3.0DDi are built,...
  17. Replies
    Views

Of course if you had fitted a Beaudesert after...

Of course if you had fitted a Beaudesert after market exhaust, the bung would already be there :thumbup:
    My EGT probe was a breeze to fit, just a spanner for the old bung and the new compression nut...
  18. Replies
    Views

If you have limp mode issues on heavy...

If you have limp mode issues on heavy acceleration, then it works--no limp since I installed it over a year ago--and that includes some sand hills on the Simpson :-)))
  19. Replies
    Views

I avoided the limp mode by fitting an aftermarket...

I avoided the limp mode by fitting an aftermarket oversize AFM (air flow meter) housing. Aluminium and just fits in place of original. It came from HPDiesel in SA. Not cheap at $250 but it just...
  20. Replies
    Views

The Dawes valve is to limit boost the whatever...

The Dawes valve is to limit boost the whatever maximum you set. It has zero effect until it hits that maximum. The needle valve replaces the computer control for VNT (turbo) and helps with spool up...
  21. Replies
    Views

Nope! I drove the same with either setting. Just...

Nope! I drove the same with either setting.
    Just does not seem to make a (good) difference.
  22. Replies
    Views

Dual Dawes report

About two years ago I installed a dual dawes setup-first with a TPS switch and electronic control, then with a simple "high/low" manual switch. I ran 10 psi low and 17 psi high. Logic was to save on...
  23. Thread: dash cam

by Dr Gary
    Replies
    Views

You could check out the Navman "MiVue 530" or...

You could check out the Navman "MiVue 530" or better models. They have GPS location on "events", pick up side hits etc. They mount VERY nicely beside the rear view mirror so out of the way.
    Mine...
  24. Replies
    Views

Near Taree about 300k north of Sydney

Near Taree about 300k north of Sydney
  25. Replies
    Views

The way we went, it was via Longreach, Tennant...

The way we went, it was via Longreach, Tennant Creek, Alice Springs to Mt Dare, with a little sightseeing along the way. One night at Mt Dare, three nights on the Simpson and one at Birdsville. Total...
Page 1 of 2 1 2