OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

Search:

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

This is an extract from a post I did back in...

This is an extract from a post I did back in 2017:

Removed fuel filter and tucked fuel lines out of the way. Disconnected OEM Sensor elec connector, then from underneath used an open ended spanner...
  2. Replies
    Views

FWIW, My CRD at 200,000 ks had same failure and...

FWIW, My CRD at 200,000 ks had same failure and Patrolapart recommended to replace both at the same time(switch _ Passenger side / sensor _starter side), reason why not sure, first did passenger...
  3. Replies
    Views

Not a collapsed cell in battery? Maybe put it on...

Not a collapsed cell in battery?
    Maybe put it on chg over night and then have battery joint do a load test.
  4. Extremely disappointing Mark _ just hoping those...

Extremely disappointing Mark _ just hoping those responsible for taking this truck, read your posts and returned it back or park it up safely to be collected mate.

Worth so much more than just...
  5. Thread: Fuel filtration

by Bidja
    Replies
    Views

Water is the killer for CRD (pump and injectors)...

Water is the killer for CRD (pump and injectors) due to the high operating pressures and also do not like flow restriction.
    Fuel rail pressure >160MPa (23000-25000psi) @ full load and the water at...
  6. Thread: Front air dam

by Bidja
    Replies
    Views

Had one of those front bash plates that bolt to...

Had one of those front bash plates that bolt to chassis rails but totally be a bad outcome if jammed up into the steering linkages, so took to it with an angle grinder, cut 70mm off lip and bought...
  7. Replies
    Views

Richard, the VNT actuator (you refer to it as:...

Richard, the VNT actuator (you refer to it as: the waste gate actuator), appears to be working correctly.

There appears to be adequate vacuum at the VNT actuator as the rod moves up with vac hose...
  8. Replies
    Views

Looks pretty good, eng is stock from first...

Looks pretty good, eng is stock from first glance, needs a replacement intercooler_rear crimped tank showing signs of leaking"oil residue" get a TIG welded job.

Maybe has 2" lift.

Free advice...
  9. Replies
    Views

"vacsol" is an abbreviation used for the VNT...

"vacsol" is an abbreviation used for the VNT vacuum solenoid used for stock boost control.
  10. Thread: EGTS Up Why?

by Bidja
    Replies
    Views

If it is a metallic click sound, wonder if the...

If it is a metallic click sound, wonder if the VNT vanes are sticking (ie: carbon build up).
    With eng at idle with Dawes and needle valve connected, check again and see if the rod is up with lever...
  11. Thread: EGTS Up Why?

by Bidja
    Replies
    Views

CRD requires the vacsol electrically connected...

CRD requires the vacsol electrically connected (plugged into harness). or if vacsol is removed a resistor (330ohm 1/2 watt) is to be placed across the sol electric harness connector terminals. The...
  12. Thread: EGTS Up Why?

by Bidja
    Replies
    Views

haha_Yes adjust needle with eng at idle /...

haha_Yes adjust needle with eng at idle / stationary. Tell U, I would not be hanging out of the drivers side window, hauling in 3rd gear @ 3000rpm, with bonnet up trying to get a visual of the...
  13. Replies
    Views

Sticky: But there was one on standby. lol ...

But there was one on standby. lol

Interesting, U say: ,

the shed supplier recommended a similar method, but bolt to bottom footing brkt as anchor, bolt and lift using this lowest bolt as the...
  14. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Doing a bit over last 5 weeks, from pad prep, to...

Doing a bit over last 5 weeks, from pad prep, to now my new shed has started to come up from the footings brackets/piers today.
  15. Thread: EGTS Up Why?

by Bidja
    Replies
    Views

Check the actuator rod function, at idle by...

Check the actuator rod function, at idle by having vacuum hose connected to actuator (rod up and lever resting against stop screw) and then disconnect the vacuum hose (rod is to drop down).

Strip...
  16. Thread: EGTS Up Why?

by Bidja
    Replies
    Views

High EGTs, Guess this with eng under high load /...

High EGTs, Guess this with eng under high load / hauling?

Important to rule out any vac or boost faults / issues first. Good to get boost gauge working.

What boost control method do u use?
  17. Thread: EGTS Up Why?

by Bidja
    Replies
    Views

Just to add here, do a quick check of VNT...

Just to add here, do a quick check of VNT actuator function (vacuum):

at idle, is the actuator rod in the raised position, ensure that the lever is resting against vane limit stop screw? yes/no...
  18. Replies
    Views

This is the filter I installed recently bought...

This is the filter I installed recently bought from NIZZBITS_ AU $59 (Genuine Y61 GUIV) and came with the securing clip but cost more than your AU $10 "choina one"
  19. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Getting some good saw logs from the old red...

Getting some good saw logs from the old red stringy bark that came down last week _ ground being saturated and heavy windage.8621286212
  20. Replies
    Views

MB Blood_rusty moon pic with good old shaky...

MB Blood_rusty moon pic with good old shaky mobile phone over above back paddock but the evening shy is eerie.
  21. Replies
    Views

Other side of the divide. Check this out (Monday...

Other side of the divide. Check this out (Monday 31st), heaps more rain, with water table rising now thru to surface level and the 6 meg dam has 80m long wall with I m free board and she breached...
  22. mudski, a couple of pics that might help give you...

mudski, a couple of pics that might help give you some ideas. Check em out and can discuss if u want.

Posts being cemented in the ground will depend what is down there, alternatively you could...
  23. I would look at utilising the H posts as well...

I would look at utilising the H posts as well (depending on how they are secured _ in ground with concrete / yes). Maybe use some angle section or similar "profiled up" or off the shelf brkts, so...
  24. Mark, Ramset make a chemical anchor systems...

Mark, Ramset make a chemical anchor systems (Chemset 101 and 502) and they do supply in spin capsule which would be best option for you. For use of the Ramset cartridge you need their dispenser...
  25. Replies
    Views

Multi bin quick fill method, beat square mouth...

Multi bin quick fill method, beat square mouth shovel and wheel barrow effort:smiley_thumbs_up:.
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4